The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

My office provides a coffee machine and free coffee, but since I'm becoming the first to come into the office, and I don't know how others like their coffee being made, and I've been too lazy to figure it out, I've been buying my coffee anyway.

The906 likes this.
  2. The906

The906 lifetime novice Contributor

An interesting twist. You are other's FWP.

3. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I don't think I'm being a problem for anyone. Rather, I'm just not being as helpful as I could be. :lol:

4. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

In that regards, I have a coffee machine at work that provides several of those little pods and different coffee/tea options. Having tried all, I rather pay extra to get better coffee than get that stuff for free.

good thing starbucks is in my building. Bad thing that starbucks is in my building.
    To quote Chris Caffery: "Starbucks pisses me off, 5 bucks a cup, what the fuck is up?"

5. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

In fairness, the coffee I'm getting outside the office is arguably better coffee. It's also espresso / americano rather than the machine drip coffee. So it's kiiiiiiiiinda different.

soliloquy likes this.
  6. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Depends on what you want, I guess. I'd drink espresso over normal coffee any time, but at work I just drink whatever's available. We have a normal coffee machine, and if I'm there first, I make the coffee exactly the way I want (I generally make slightly stronger coffee than others) and then others can either drink it or gtfo :lol: No one has complained so far.

A related FWP:
    Almost every time I make coffee at work, unless I stand there and wait for it to drip, I forget about it and when I remember in an hour or so there's no coffee left anymore :wallbash:

7. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars

Q: Why does a poor man only drink coffee?
    A: Because he has no proper tea.:coffee:

;>)/

8. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

The only thing worse than traditional Christmas songs are rehashed or original NEW Christmas songs... Holy Christ, holiday music SUCKS!

9. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Luckily here in Finland we have this thing called Raskasta Joulua... aka. metal versions of Christmas songs :lol: And some of them are actually pretty good.

10. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

Dude. that's pretty damn cool. Christmas season in the states is a sea of washed up pop artists sitting atop animated storybook characters while drinking lattes and sprinkling glitter and chicken nuggets down upon excruciatingly beautiful families that all look as if they've been lobotomized at a Holiday Inn. The word "Christmas" has become more of a sales pitch... buy buy buy. Fuckin disgusting imo.

11. Charlie Foxtrot 3rd

Charlie Foxtrot 3rd Seven strings, Zero skill

It’s getting a lot like that here in Australia too. They wheel the has-beens out to flog the Christmas horse for cash. Then as soon as it’s done they wheel out the next wave of losers to start on Easter.

12. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Same thing here too, unfortunately. Not quite as bad as over there, but slowly getting there :(

Check this one out for example:

Some original Finnish Christmas songs are very melancholic to begin with, so they're quite suitable to be played this way. This one for example is about the death of the author's child. Beautiful composition too. I've been thinking it would work great as a black metal tune.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varpunen_Jouluaamuna

There's also happier power metal type songs in there though :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Edika likes this.
  13. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Move to Japan

They seem to be under the impression that Xmas is the official "take your lady to a hotel and bang like rabbits" holiday

...although that's a whole nother sales pitch in disguise.

High Plains Drifter and p0ke like this.
  14. dr_game0ver

dr_game0ver SS.org Regular

I got back from the game store with a bunch of games. Someone forgot their memory card inside a PS2 game box so i got a free PS2 memory card which is nice, but the controller that i got with doesn't work. So now i have to go back and give them the broken controller. Since they don't do refund, i'll probably end up with a gift card or some crap...

15. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

They can't just exchange the controller?

16. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

It's probably a used one (I can't really imagine any store having new PS2 controllers in stock anymore...)

But yeah, PS1/PS2 controllers are weird. I've had a bunch of them stop working mid-game. On one the X-button stopped working and then worked again after opening and cleaning it... And one just shut down in the middle of a game and never worked again.

17. wedge_destroyer

wedge_destroyer SS.org Regular

Oh just wait till you try the remixes that dance troupes use.... whats worse than Christmas music (new or old)? Those same songs remixed with a hip hop dance beat.

XPT707FX and Adieu like this.
  18. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

It ain't a party until Santa's pants are around his ankles

19. dr_game0ver

dr_game0ver SS.org Regular

Only square, right, down and the 2 joysticks were working. I got my money back. And ended up buying even more games... And a PSP.

20. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Found an old ad selling something ridiculously cool for an outrageously low price (like 15 - 20x below market)

...and am now preparing myself mentally for the almost inevitable heartbreak of "sold" or no-response