The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. MFB

MFB ExBendable

My new bass is supposed to be delivered tonight, and I'm feeling like utter dogshit, so I won't be able to play it or even do a coherent NBD until this passes. I'm going to drown myself in cough medicine I guess.

2. lurè

lurè Fake Shredder

Speaking of hair, I hate body hair.
    I'm not an extremely hairy person but my skin gets easily irritated once they reach a certain lenght so I have to trim them once a week.
    I'm thinking about doing some kind of laser removal but it's quite expensive.

AxeHappy and Adieu like this.
  3. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

Body hair is the fucking worst.

lewis and possumkiller like this.
  4. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

Did weighted lunges after giving up on leg press for a few months. Oof the after pain.

Did pushups again also. Feet raised. Some rib meat and very specific almost obliques in hurt.

Edika and possumkiller like this.
  5. Vegetta

Vegetta Change Everything

My volvo got rear ended and it put a ding on my bumper

Edika likes this.
  6. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

Post urination, while making the necessary re-arrangements, I lost control of the elastic on my underwear and it rebounded, hitting me right on the testicle.

I would class this as a "self-own".

StrmRidr, Edika, steinmetzify and 3 others like this.
  7. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Damn this country... I was filling an application for new identity card and I had to prove that I had passed national military service in finnish defence forces. That's because I'm still under 30 years old, and duty to go any kind of service ends after that, which prevents you to flee out of country, and they ask this from every male between ages 28-30 if you're filling an application for passport or id-card. Taking pictures of my military pass in middle of the night felt pretty damn stupid. And I didn't even know about this stupid law :shrug:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    p0ke and Edika like this.
  8. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Ordered something from Germany; spoiled Americans and their stupid next day Amazon deliveries.

I have to wait 9 whole fuckin days for this thing.

Fuck.

Adieu, Rosal76 and Edika like this.
  9. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Yeah, that sucks. I don't remember what I was applying for when I had to send a picture of that, but I had to do that once too. I guess it must've been when my passport was about to expire and I had to apply for a new one.
    You'd think there's some kind of centralized system where they could just check that... But apparently the only "evidence" that you've done your military service is that little piece of paper.
    Now I'm 30 though, so they don't care anymore :lol:

AxeHappy, Edika and Metropolis like this.
  10. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire bring out your dead

I got told it'll take 6 months to get my new drivers license. this realID shit is a pain in the ass.

Adieu, AxeHappy and Edika like this.
  11. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Don't feel too bad. I ordered something from Obscura (a technical/progressive death metal band from Germany) and it took 9 months to arrive. I was so sure my package was lost in transit or something. I wish I could order something from Germany and get it in 9 days.

steinmetzify and Edika like this.
  12. stevexc

stevexc Contributor

I paid an extra $2 for shipping and my package isn't gonna show up until next wednesday. That's forever away!

Edika likes this.
  13. Kaura

Kaura biding his time

I want.. no I legit need the Korg Miku pedal but they're discontinued and the only few ones you can find on eBay go for absolutely ridiculous amount of money. :noplease:

Edika likes this.
  14. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Preorder for the new Cattle Decapitation Death Atlas album doesn't have the option for the t-shirt with the album cover, which is bitching, for the UK and Europe. Just some Cattle Decap design that does nothing for me. The US site has this t-shirt, another design and the album cover but the bundle costs $35 and shipping is another $20 :(.

Rosal76 and steinmetzify like this.
  15. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Find out what it’s gonna cost to do it from here, PP me the $ and I gotchu

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  16. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire bring out your dead

I want to buy another guitar, but I just bought a guitar last week. CURSE YOU BUDGETING

Edika likes this.
  17. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

2 weeks ago I ordered a couple CD's from the Agonia Records web shop, which I think is based out of Poland. They sent me an email 2 days ago saying the items shipped and would be at my work in Michigan in 6-10 weeks. I don't even use express shipping when I get shit from Canada or the States but holy shit this is excessively long. We're definitely spoiled around these parts.

18. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Same exact thing happened to me with Beyond creation's last album (Algorythm). Season of mist (Beyond's label) had a t-shirt design that I really wanted and only they had it. But..., Beyond's IfMerch site had the option of getting what you ordered signed by the band members but the shipping and handling price was expensive. T-shirt with no signature (for special edtion box set) or signed box set with no shirt and expensive s&h? I went with the signed box set because the shirt will always be available but I think it's ridiculous that customers have to order from 2 different companies to get their band merch.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  19. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Merch is such a cartel these days. Since bands make so little they're pretty much stuck going with whoever the distributor's "merch people" are. That or they pay their own way upfront and then have to divide what they ordered between markets.

If they're popular enough they can license their stuff out so it's more available and less region based, but then they make a lot less off of it.

I think bands like Bongripper that make all merch pre-order is the way to go. Sure, it takes a lot longer to receive, but you never have to worry about availability and the prices are kept reasonable.

20. FourT6and2

FourT6and2 SS.org Regular

My balls sweat and stick to my thigh in my new sports car due to the carbon fiber bucket seats being so tight.

steinmetzify and Edika like this.