The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

This was pretty much my experience as well, it didn't even really hit me until like a month after I moved in. Before then it was just a project. Same train of thought though.
    It also helped once I realized that a mortgage is basically just pretend money. As long as I don't completely thrash my house, or the market takes a nuclear missile on the chin, I'm going to be able to pay it all off pretty much whenever I want; I just need to sell the house. Problem solved, case closed. If you take care of the place, which seems like it'd be the case because everyone involved in this conversation seems to consistently talk about home improvements, you'll even make some money on the whole thing too.

Also:
    Nah fam. You already got married. This is peanuts. You guys'll do great.

p0ke and High Plains Drifter like this.
  2. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

Don't sweat it, it's a lot easier than you think.

Also, since you're in Texas, make sure to file for the "homestead exemption" once you're living in your house. It provides a tax break on property taxes, which are high in Texas since we don't have state income tax.

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  3. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

I really hope that you guys know how much the support means. Less than 10 years ago I was lost and becoming isolated... had just ended a seriously bad relationship, was running out of motivation, pride, and contentment. My future had never looked so dim. But I kept pushing thru because it was all that I knew how to do... kept working, continued building my credit, saving money, etc. And I guess that in a world that was otherwise so dark... I didn't allow my heart nor my soul to become completely blackened. I had to force myself to put things in perspective and keep appreciating the good things and the supportive people that I had around me. Then one day I met this girl... thought she was utterly nuts for wanting to get involved with me but decided I'd give it a shot ( the whole time trying to convince her that she could do so much better). But I guess she just truly appreciated my decent qualities even along with all the quirks. Wound up committed to creating a life with me and less than a year after we met, my life started to make sense again... this time with purpose and direction. A few years later we got married ( something that even in my 20's I never thought I'd ever do), and we grew more and more appreciative of each other's strengths, struggles, and vulnerabilities. A few years ago we began looking into buying a home but we weren't necessarily ready and were shot down quickly by the lenders. But we stuck to our guns... continued building our credit, saving, budgeting, and learning as much as we could about home ownership. So then we tried again this year and lo and behold... now as a much stronger and smarter team, we were approved! Fast forward another few weeks and here I am... with an incredible wife, 2 of 3 vehicles paid off, an awesome cat that I love ( wtf happened there???), and now the possibility of being able to own a beautiful home ( to us) in a very nice community. If I was a religious man I would say that miracles really do happen. I guess to sum it all up, I feel like "I've finally arrived" as they say. And whatever happens next... I guess I'm gonna have to be ready. Sorry for the novel but it does help to babble sometimes... and I'm a paragraph man myself so sorry for the WOT... brain moving too quick maybe.

EDIT- Thank you on the homestead exemption suggestion... yep already got that!

Adieu, Demiurge, p0ke and 2 others like this.
  4. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Don’t worry, it’s all uphill from here!

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  5. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Ha! Sounds exactly like me a bit over 5 years ago.

I've been looking at those triple head things, might consider getting one of those! It's a tad expensive, but then again it'll serve pretty much the rest of my life, so I guess it isn't such a big investment when you put it that way. Also the exchangeable head thing looks quite convenient.
    The one feature that one doesn't have is automatic cleaning (my current one has that). It's really great and makes the machine like new again, and also it makes your face smell good, almost as if you'd put some mild after shave on it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    High Plains Drifter likes this.
  6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire bring out your dead

You can just pop open the top of the head and wash out the blades. It's very easy to clean.

7. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Yeah, it's not an actual issue, I just like how my current machine does it :)

8. Kaura

Kaura biding his time

My dad threathened to punch me because I smoked a cigarette in front of him. I guess that is a natural reaction after he was choking on a piece of steak just a few hours before and I Heimmlich'd the shit out of his ass basicly saving his life.

9. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

I’ve been waiting quite a long time.

And hey, new Tool sucks quite a bit.

Big nope.

Edika likes this.
  10. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

My wife has a date next Monday with just...one of the hottest fucking woman I know. A woman I've happened to have a borderline schoolperson-esque crush on since last thanksgiving.

And my household had a dinner party thing tonight. And this woman was at the party.

And it turns out that she has had a similar crush on me.

So I suppose my first world problem is:
    My wife is fucking the super hot chick and laying the cock block on me. Which I reckon is fair enough. Studies have confirmed women fuck better than non-women. Still though.

Edika likes this.
  11. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Can you explain that... a little bit better?

12. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

:worth:

13. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Less wanking, more spanking

AxeHappy likes this.
  14. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

What're you confused about?

15. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

I think the same things that you are

16. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

I'm not confused at all, Comrade.

Edit:
    Well, I'm confused about a lot of things all the time.

But my relationship sure isn't one of them.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  17. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

dude... pics... or I'm putting this thing away.

AxeHappy likes this.
  18. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

I guess your first world problem is not being able to get nudes of some random person's wife and the chick she is banging over the internet?

19. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Can you tell us more about Thanksgiving?

20. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

It's Statutory Holiday in Canada that allows people a day off work to spend with friends and/or family. The "Official" reason for it in Canada has varied over the years. In the US I believe it is supposed to be about the time the natives saved all the colonisers lives before the colonisers turned around and murder fucked all the natives?

Typically a feast of some sort is prepared featuring a main dish of turkey or ham. Pumpkin and Apple pie are traditional desserts.

There is some controversy about whether a slice of cheddar cheese should be served with the apple pie. As an impartial observer (I don't like apple pie) I feel as if a quality sharp cheddar adds to the overall experience of the dessert, but if one only has weak ass mild cheddar available just go for an extra helping of ice cream on the side.

BlackMastodon and TedEH like this.