The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen a couple movies in theaters and decided to see SMILE, and what the actual FUCK was with that crowd? A family was in front of me and just thought they could make it their own personal MSTK3K. They fucking brought their own blankets with them!

The couple next to me brought a blanket to and the chick was doing something on her phone towards the end, so they're just doing that annoying ass couple whisper back and forth. Just shut the fuck up! Everyone!
This is why I couldn't give less of a shit about The Theatre Experience™ for seeing new movies and much prefer to see them in the comfort of my home. The Theatre Experience seems to just be people being self-absorbed fuckheads who don't care about everyone's collective experience and just want do whatever they want.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
This is why I couldn't give less of a shit about The Theatre Experience™ for seeing new movies and much prefer to see them in the comfort of my home. The Theatre Experience seems to just be people being self-absorbed fuckheads who don't care about everyone's collective experience and just want do whatever they want.

I mean, it's the only one that's been like that this year, but I'm like - did I miss some sort of memo for that particular movie? They've been largely empty up until now, so the fact that this sold as much as it did was surprising in itself.

Gonna watch some Ernest Scared Stupid to take my mind off it

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
Ordered "Lao Hot" noodles. Not sure what I'm going to do with the %80 leftovers I'm taking home. Strip a guitar maybe.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
The most first world of problems, deciding where I want to go for my next hiking trip. Kind of thinking of doing a section of the Smokies, or going up to Maine/Vermont. I haven't really decided yet. I really loved hiking out west in WA/OR/Norcal, and in CO/ID but I think I want to explore more of the east coast. I've only really hiked a small section of the Poconos out that way. Probably not doing the trip til next summer but it never hurts to start planning now.
I am currently in the middle of one in the south of France. Hiking between French villages through the mountains. Really beautiful. Also Hella hard. Would recommend though if you aren't afraid of heights. And can hike pretty fast.

We have a service that booked our hotels in each village and takes our baggage between them by car.

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
I am currently in the middle of one in the south of France. Hiking between French villages through the mountains. Really beautiful. Also Hella hard. Would recommend though if you aren't afraid of heights. And can hike pretty fast.

We have a service that booked our hotels in each village and takes our baggage between them by car.
I was considering a Dolomite or Swiss Alps trip at some point.

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score

The last movie I saw in a theatre was the last of the Star Wars films back before the pandemic. My partner bought the tickets and thought she was splurging on some fancy imax/3d type of thing with an extra large screen. It turned out to be some weird "multi-sensory immersive experience" thing where the seats had actuators and there were wind jets and stuff that they'd coordinate with the action on the screen. I guess the movie was also not very good, but I couldn't really tell you because we weren't really able to pay attention. The whole time it basically felt like there was a hyperactive 8-year old behind us kicking our seats and someone spitting mist in our faces. And of course the volume in the theatre was so loud that I wish I'd brought earplugs. I think it was the theatres trying to do something to compete with the (usually vastly superior) home experience, but the result was torture and I honestly don't think I'll ever bother going to a theatre to see a movie again if I have any say in the matter.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
The last movie I saw in a theatre was the last of the Star Wars films back before the pandemic. My partner bought the tickets and thought she was splurging on some fancy imax/3d type of thing with an extra large screen. It turned out to be some weird "multi-sensory immersive experience" thing where the seats had actuators and there were wind jets and stuff that they'd coordinate with the action on the screen. I guess the movie was also not very good, but I couldn't really tell you because we weren't really able to pay attention. The whole time it basically felt like there was a hyperactive 8-year old behind us kicking our seats and someone spitting mist in our faces. And of course the volume in the theatre was so loud that I wish I'd brought earplugs. I think it was the theatres trying to do something to compete with the (usually vastly superior) home experience, but the result was torture and I honestly don't think I'll ever bother going to a theatre to see a movie again if I have any say in the matter.
I wish my local theatre offered 4DX, which sounds like what you're describing. It would be the only way I watch any of the Fast and Furious movies. :lol:

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
My local theaters mostly just have big comfy recliners, side tables, and a bar now. You can get a meal and a fancy cocktail with your movie and I love it.

Granted this was before covid. I haven't been since.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Update and good news! Mom thinks she's renting a house with the crazy russian chick.

Oi.

Trying to talk her off that particular ledge is gonna be fun. Good fuckin' fuck.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
L O L

It's out for delivery so it'll be here shortly, y'all will see soon enough

Eagle has landed, now if I could just remember where we can actually post pics from that actually display :lol:

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Once again...I have no running water. Haven't had it all day. yay.

I feel you. Have had 4 outages this past week. Seems I live in an area where the pipes are hitting their best before dates. There are so many burst pipes that I keep reporting. The roads and nature strips are all patch up hack jobs.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I feel you. Have had 4 outages this past week. Seems I live in an area where the pipes are hitting their best before dates. There are so many burst pipes that I keep reporting. The roads and nature strips are all patch up hack jobs.
gross. yeah man that sucks.

bah!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
last movie I saw in theeters was Coco. it only didn't suck because there were just a handful of
people, usually other humans ruin it.

also I cried.

best theeter experience before that was killing a 12pack of PBR with my buddy in Where the wild things are. Parents kept turning their heads jealously when one of us would PSSSCHT a new can. 😸

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Slightly less insane the next day, but I'm getting to Mouthful of Lydocaine regardless.

In my early 20s I lived in an apartment with two other dudes on top of a bar and right next to a super good Thai place. Whenever one of us would get sick, invariably all of us would get sick, and the ritual was to go get extremely hot Thai food and energy drinks because the massive amounts of sugar in the energy drinks would help balance out the insane heat. We would all sit around, watch movies, and cry out of our faces together.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Not my FWP, but a guy in a FB group I'm in had a good one.

A bit of background first:
The government has been saying that because we're not getting electricity from Russia that we used to get, there might be outages in the winter - apparently they will be short and rotate so that every household doesn't get them every time and they will try to do it in a controlled way so that we know in advance when power will be out.

So in this FB group someone made a poll about whether people are worried about the power outages. I replied that I'm not worried in the slightest: if we have an outage, then we just keep the doors and windows shut and the temperature won't drop much before power is back.

Then this guy comments "yeah but what if you're working remotely and drop out of a meeting because of the outage". I explain that that's exactly what I do, I work 100% remotely and in such a case my MBP battery lasts a full workday easily. Assuming that the mobile network stays up, I'll just connect using my phone as a hotspot and get back to the meeting in a matter of minutes. If the mobile network also goes down I'll just have to contact the meeting attendees and schedule a new meeting once power is back.

Then he goes "oh but I can't do it because my mesh ap's and 32" monitors don't run on battery power and the mobile network might be unstable" :lol: So that's your worst case scenario, you worry that you'll have to work using the laptop's display and mobile internet for a couple of hours? That's a FWP if I ever saw one.