The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
The one time I want to find a floating trem shredder with either sharkin/tooth inlays, and there's fuck all out there on the used market. They used to go on for as far as the eye can see, now everything has gone in this bland direction.
Its not the same as other all-black guitars with no inlays bro. I swear it's classier bro. You'll love it bro just give it a try bro please bro.

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
New passports finally arrived today. Both my daughters look cute af in the pictures and I look like a convicted criminal :lol:

Hey, at least the cops didn't fuck up and invalidate your passport like they did to 500 others. :lol:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Hey, at least the cops didn't fuck up and invalidate your passport like they did to 500 others. :lol:

I guess I missed the rush hour :lol:

But yeah, I already applied for the new passport at the end of July when my old passport expired, but the earliest available time to take fingerprints etc (and both daughters had to be identified since the youngest didn't even have a passport and the older daughter's face only matched her baby picture 22%) at the police station was last week.
I don't know why I needed to have new prints and signature taken and my wife didn't, she got her new passport like a month before the rest of us even though we applied at the same time. So that's another FWP then - I was trying to apply for new passports for everyone at the same time so they'd also expire at the same time and I could apply for all of them at the same time, but now they'll expire one month apart :wallbash: There's nothing preventing anyone from applying for a new one before it expires but you know, you wanna maximise the validity period :lol:

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
I guess I missed the rush hour :lol:

But yeah, I already applied for the new passport at the end of July when my old passport expired, but the earliest available time to take fingerprints etc (and both daughters had to be identified since the youngest didn't even have a passport and the older daughter's face only matched her baby picture 22%) at the police station was last week.
I don't know why I needed to have new prints and signature taken and my wife didn't, she got her new passport like a month before the rest of us even though we applied at the same time. So that's another FWP then - I was trying to apply for new passports for everyone at the same time so they'd also expire at the same time and I could apply for all of them at the same time, but now they'll expire one month apart :wallbash: There's nothing preventing anyone from applying for a new one before it expires but you know, you wanna maximise the validity period :lol:

Yeah, getting a new passport is always a hassle. Wish they worked like bank cards where you get a new one as soon as your old one expires but of course the picture makes it a bit more tricky.

syzygy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought a Pod Go last week and it finally got to my apartment yesterday...and it's got an issue where I get a fat latency spike after about 5-10 minutes of play. I put in a service ticket with Line 6 but it really torpedoed my mood and I'm super bummed about it, partially because I'd built up so much excitement for it and partially because that was a pretty big purchase on a college-student budget. Not sure what to do in the meantime while I wait for some technical help ☹️

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I keep forgetting to cash my expense checks from work, which will cover the entirety of my new guitar purchase :lol: I need to do it within the next week or one of them will expire, but I have Friday off so here's hoping.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
ya know when nose hair trimmers aren't quite getting those hairs right next to the outer edge of your nostrils, and you need to use some tweezers to rip them out.

yeah...

ow...

gonna go cry in a corner now.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
ya know when nose hair trimmers aren't quite getting those hairs right next to the outer edge of your nostrils, and you need to use some tweezers to rip them out.

yeah...

ow...

gonna go cry in a corner now.

Since you used the word hair trimmer, I'm just waiting for 'Spatula to come and mention mine, LIKE HE ALWAYS DOES

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I saw a video on tiktok about how apparently kolaches (or technically klobasnikys) are only a thing in Texas. I mean I get the mum thing being a Texas thing because people are crazy about football, but what the hell....:scratch:

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
Since you used the word hair trimmer, I'm just waiting for 'Spatula to come and mention mine, LIKE HE ALWAYS DOES

Come to think of it, a pair of dedicated ass tweezers could prove handy in certain use cases...

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
So I saw a video on tiktok about how apparently kolaches (or technically klobasnikys) are only a thing in Texas. I mean I get the mum thing being a Texas thing because people are crazy about football, but what the hell....:scratch:
The pastries? They have days for these in MN.

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
Kolaches are czech. A lot of Czechs settled in texas and the midwest. Shiner was started by a czech family iirc.
They're all over the place up here in small town MN/WI but not nearly as ubiquitous as they are down in TX.

ain't no whataburgers up here selling them lol

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The pastries? They have days for these in MN.

I mean technically this is a kolache
Kolaches-29.jpg

But if you go somewhere to get a kolache, you usually get a klobasniky which is this

th-2315429820.jpg

And I'm wondering if it's for real because I asked my wife, and she' was like oh ya, a pig in a blanket, it's a little smokey wrapped in a crescent roll. What in the caucasity?

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Kolaches are czech. A lot of Czechs settled in texas and the midwest. Shiner was started by a czech family iirc.
They're all over the place up here in small town MN/WI but not nearly as ubiquitous as they are down in TX.

ain't no whataburgers up here selling them lol

Ya, I know, a good bit of my family is either German or Bohunk. But we were talking about it at work, and my coworkers were surprised that just like there are Texan towns that are very Mexican, there are towns in Texas that are very German and Bohemian.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
T
I mean technically this is a kolache
Kolaches-29.jpg

But if you go somewhere to get a kolache, you usually get a klobasniky which is this

View attachment 115041

And I'm wondering if it's for real because I asked my wife, and she' was like oh ya, a pig in a blanket, it's a little smokey wrapped in a crescent roll. What in the caucasity?
Those are definitely pigs in a blanket. haha (in Missouri anyway)

I've never heard of a kolache before. They look tasty though.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Yeah, getting a new passport is always a hassle. Wish they worked like bank cards where you get a new one as soon as your old one expires but of course the picture makes it a bit more tricky.

Yup, it's a pain in the ass. Luckily next time I can probably just do the online application and that's it...

The one thing I'm happy about with these things is that these days I take our passport photos myself. The price isn't that bad for just one person (passport photos usually cost 10€ at the automatic photo booth things or around 20€ at an actual photographer), but considering I have a family of 5 I just saved 50-100€ by taking the photos myself.

You just need a flat white background and some light that doesn't cast shadows on the wall, and then I've just used my phone camera to take the pictures. The template you have to align the pictures to isn't easy to find anymore, but luckily I have it stored in my Google Drive, and then you just do exactly as the instructions say and it will be ok. I've taken 7 passport photos and 2 drivers license photos so far and all of them have been approved, no problem.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You know what I wish they had for pastries in MN? Spudnutz. I've only had it in Iowa and the few things I had there were great.