The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Had a three-and-a-half hour site walk yesterday for a high-rise building downtown, and still did my run yesterday at the usual pace (5 miles, sub-41 mins) and my quads are cooked today; I'm half tempted to skip leg day, or just do the weight portion, but it's like, if I do that am I compounding it for tomorrow too? We'll see how I feel later.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
fun times. Today is another round of photodynamic therapy. Another round of sitting in complete darkness for 48hrs....... I'm tired of doing this, but it's the least crappy treatment on the market so I don't end up with skin cancer in my old age.

I guess I'll just pretend I'm stuck in a cave for the next 2 days.

hope it works better than the last time. The last time didn't work worth a damn so this time they're going for the more heavy duty version.

Reaction score
Had to curse out the bank, credit card company, and a couple other places over my legal name change and their inability to comprehend the concept.

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Had to curse out the bank, credit card company, and a couple other places over my legal name change and their inability to comprehend the concept.

Sister and work colleague had so much trouble when they tried to change their married names, bth used the same bank. Banks are just so stupid and seem to want to make the jobs of their workers that much harder.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I finally took the plunge and started making mead. And I'm remembering the other reason why I never got into it...patience is not my thing.

I just want to drink my mead and get up some pagan fuckery.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I was playing bass earlier and I though I blew out my bass amp. Was thinking hell ya, blew my amp playing Motorhead, that's the most metal thing I've ever done and will ever do. Turns out it was my fuzz pedal (that cost more than my bass amp) shitting the bed instead.

Dramatic reenactment of what I thought happened
tumblr_o03jsaVi101qejocno1_400.gifv

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
After 10 or so years, I was finally able to get my hands on the original sriracha despite the EU nazis banning it because it had some ingredients they didn't find suitable for their cattle. The problem is now I want to put it in every meal I eat but I really can't stomach spicy food these days well so I'm having continuous stomach pain. :lol:

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got me some BK Aftermath 7 string pickups for a good price. Turns out the previous previous owner trimmed the baseplate tabs to fit an EMG soapbar route and they won't go in unless I drill new holes. I also need to remove the covers (it has covers) as the routes on the guitar are too tight. If I want the baseplates replaced with BK ones, the only way to do it is to send them to BK and that will cost me £97 without shipping costs. I can do it myself but if I don't like the sound I'm not sure if I can sell them easily as they won't have the BK baseplate.
I can probably return them in the basis of not as described, as there was no mention of the altered baseplates but I don't think the seller was really aware of that. But if he had mentioned it I would not have bought them.

First World problems indeed.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So in further discussions with the studio I work for, it sounds like they're cool with me moving back to the US. *for now....I take everything with a grain of salt until it happens which won't be until next summer.

It looks like my choices would be back to LA, or head to Portland.

LA was fine when I used to live there. I didn't love it. Didn't hate it. But I know it's changed a lot since I was last there over a decade ago.

I've never been to Portland. I'm not sure I'll dig the gloomy year round weather. I kinda had enough of that when I was in Vancouver. But....... houses are sort of still purchasable-ish from the looks of it. ...Albeit it's getting pretty expensive from my quick searching. No telling what it'll be like a year from now.

Anyone have any thoughts on either Los Angeles or Portland for someone that's never been to Portland?

LordCashew

formerly an iron spatula
Reaction score
So in further discussions with the studio I work for, it sounds like they're cool with me moving back to the US. *for now....I take everything with a grain of salt until it happens which won't be until next summer.

It looks like my choices would be back to LA, or head to Portland.

LA was fine when I used to live there. I didn't love it. Didn't hate it. But I know it's changed a lot since I was last there over a decade ago.

I've never been to Portland. I'm not sure I'll dig the gloomy year round weather. I kinda had enough of that when I was in Vancouver. But....... houses are sort of still purchasable-ish from the looks of it. ...Albeit it's getting pretty expensive from my quick searching. No telling what it'll be like a year from now.

Anyone have any thoughts on either Los Angeles or Portland for someone that's never been to Portland?
You mean Portland, OR right? I would for sure go there over LA. The city itself is pretty crowded but a lot of the surrounding area is absolutely beautiful. It has more gloomy days than LA but it's not like it's never sunny. People in OR are generally friendlier than in CA in my experience too, for whatever that's worth.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You mean Portland, OR right? I would for sure go there over LA. The city itself is pretty crowded but a lot of the surrounding area is absolutely beautiful. It has more gloomy days than LA but it's not like it's never sunny. People in OR are generally friendlier than in CA in my experience too, for whatever that's worth.
yeah Portland, OR.

Friendlier is good. I think I'm one of the rare cases where I found LA to be a place that was pretty easy to make friends although it's not the every day "friendly" courteous kind of place. But I was also a lot younger back then lol

Vancouver, BC was always really pretty too, but it was the constant Mordor cloudy weather that drove me nuts. But Vancouver wasn't a exactly an easy place to make friends though so Portland would probably be a better experience 🤔

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I should have been keeping a tally of how many times I have talked myself into, back out of, and then back into grad school again this year.

Anyway, just talked myself back into grad school again. I won't be enrolling until next spring, so there's still plenty of time for me to decide it's a terrible idea again.