The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, despite drinking 6+ quarts of fluid there were days where far from peeing clear, there was basically no pee after we got going :lol:

Tons of sweat though...

Working in kitchens is very similar. When I'm on the line or expediting I'll drink well over a gallon of water without peeing. I don't miss that shit one bit.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Just had a flashback to working in a factory during my undergrad with no AC and Ike 90+ deg humidity inside on summer afternoon. Multiple litres of water and like 1 piss per 8 hour shift. But hey at least we had our union-mandated 40 minutes of breaks throughout the day + 4 minutes of heat relief when they deemed it appropriate. :lol:
I'll take my desk job career, thanks.

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My old mma school was a small shitty concrete block room with no AC but a fan. One day in the summer it was like 110 degrees outside and it felt like 130 in there and the fan was broken. It was 6 of us in there wearing a heavy gi and we thought we were going to die. About 30 mins in the instructor was like “what is wrong with you guys?” and we were like “we’re going to die”. So he just sat us down and had us massage each other and shit for the last hour or so.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
I got LASIK yesterday and my right eye is still really blurry and they bruised the fuck out of my left eye. I know the bruise will heal but I want 20/20 vision meow!

KnightBrolaire

Grand Wiggle Wizard
Reaction score
I got LASIK yesterday and my right eye is still really blurry and they bruised the fuck out of my left eye. I know the bruise will heal but I want 20/20 vision meow!
When I got it my vision took 24 hrs to go to to 20/20. Took a week to get rid of the dryness/slight blurry quality

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
When I got it my vision took 24 hrs to go to to 20/20. Took a week to get rid of the dryness/slight blurry quality
Good to know. I’m just extra paranoid because they seemed to spend a lot of time on the right eye getting the flap to re-seat in the proper spot. Like, way longer than the left eye.

The bruising on my left eye straight up looks like Tool album art.

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

How much did it cost you? I've been toying with the idea but haven't researched

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
I tried to get it one time, but they scanned my eyes and said "im sorry but youre one of the 5 percent of people who aren't eligible. Your cornea is too thin". That was a sad day. Glasses forever I guess.

KnightBrolaire

Grand Wiggle Wizard
Reaction score
Good to know. I’m just extra paranoid because they seemed to spend a lot of time on the right eye getting the flap to re-seat in the proper spot. Like, way longer than the left eye.

The bruising on my left eye straight up looks like Tool album art.
Hmm interesting. I had zero bruising.
Mine was like 2600$ total, but that was like 5 years ago.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
finally got some free time between holidays last weekend and this weekend.

....Got massive writers block. Everything I've laid down has been poop.

No energy.. no inspiration.

....maybe I should go back to drinking coffee.....mmmm.....coffeee..........eeee.........

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Nordstrom’s summer sale is coming up but I’ll be out of town when it starts.

Stopped by with the woman earlier, grabbed some cologne I’ve been wanting to try and a few T shirts and some shorts, but the other stuff I want I had to take pics of and trust that she’ll pay attention while she’s there and grab what I asked her to.

LordIronSpatula

A series of interconnected fortune cookies.
Reaction score
finally got some free time between holidays last weekend and this weekend.

....Got massive writers block. Everything I've laid down has been poop.

No energy.. no inspiration.

....maybe I should go back to drinking coffee.....mmmm.....coffeee..........eeee.........
I mean, if you're going to be going through caffeine withdrawal of any kind, you want it to be on the clock, not interfering with your more important personal projects. Right? :lol:

Seriously, if you're ever not working 80-100 hours a week I suggest checking out The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. Really good for dealing with creative blocks or burnouts.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hate work. I am also awesome at work. I don't do that in-between shit though. I can either focus on my life, in which case work is inherently deprioritized, or I can grind like fuck and ride waves of dopamine from working multiple jobs and piling fat stacks of filthy cash, while most of the things I actually care about get put on minimum upkeep at best.

I have vet bills and shit though so any moral quandary is ultimately irrelevant anyway.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I mean, if you're going to be going through caffeine withdrawal of any kind, you want it to be on the clock, not interfering with your more important personal projects. Right? :lol:

Seriously, if you're ever not working 80-100 hours a week I suggest checking out The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. Really good for dealing with creative blocks or burnouts.
oh cool! I'll try and check that out. Thanks dude!

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I bought my wife tickets to the Sunrise Avenue farewell show as an xmas gift in 2019. Back then we had no idea that we'd have a baby, and the show was postponed twice thanks to covid...
Now it's happening next weekend and we don't know wtf we'll do about the baby. In theory we could bring her along, but she'd need a ticket of her own so that's not happening.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Since I missed the last couple leg days sets in my PPL rotation, when I actually managed to make sure to do it yesterday, my legs aren't happy with me today.

3x10 on the incline leg press at 270, and then 3x10 sets at 115 for seated curles and lifts, with a 3 mile walk after; and since I rotate my runs to alternate with my leg workout, that means today was a 5 miles run after all that.

Eeked it out in 42:30, which is a minute worse than when I'm not in absolute quad agony, so I'll take it. I'm just a bit worried what tomorrow is going to feel like during recovery.

KnightBrolaire

Grand Wiggle Wizard
Reaction score
Ragweed allergies are going haywire today. Claritin aint doin shit for it either.