The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got a 40% off any UAD bundle plus an extra 25% off.

I thought awesome! I've never seen it that cheap, and I planned on getting the new hitsville EQ.......but when I was putting my bundle together for like the 4th time I forgot and grabbed a reverb instead.. oops. Oh well. Maybe next time.

🤦‍♀️

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So, I've always hated cats. I was a little kid, wanted to pet the little kitty, and feral cat turned into a hairball with claws.

On the flip side...my MIL is one bad day away from crazy cat lady, and her mom is old school enough of a Mexican I've made jokes about her being a bruja. It might sound racially insensitive or something...but my wife wanted to go see her mom, and me (the person who loathes cats), has been texting them to ask if someone pet Nola for me.

There has to be some bruja magic going on or something, somebody's laying some hoodoo on me to make me this concerned about a cat.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
That's totally it. The minute they introduced IBUs to measure bitterness, there was a number to game.

International Bitterness Units yes! Sour faced leaders hyping and throwing shade at one another for likes, clicks and views.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So, I've always hated cats. I was a little kid, wanted to pet the little kitty, and feral cat turned into a hairball with claws.

On the flip side...my MIL is one bad day away from crazy cat lady, and her mom is old school enough of a Mexican I've made jokes about her being a bruja. It might sound racially insensitive or something...but my wife wanted to go see her mom, and me (the person who loathes cats), has been texting them to ask if someone pet Nola for me.

There has to be some bruja magic going on or something, somebody's laying some hoodoo on me to make me this concerned about a cat.

A few thoughts:

1. All Cats Are Beautiful (but all cats are maybe not for petting)
2. Talking about witch shit is a good way to get witch shit.
3. With the above points in mind, I sincerely advise you to stay on that cat's good side.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A few thoughts:

1. All Cats Are Beautiful (but all cats are maybe not for petting)
2. Talking about witch shit is a good way to get witch shit.
3. With the above points in mind, I sincerely advise you to stay on that cat's good side.

1. Questionable
2. I'm a pagan that prays to Fenrir, it's more trying to figure out what kind of witch shit I'm dealing with
3.She likes to crawl up in people's lap to get petted. But she's young enough she doesn't realize you don't have to dig your claws in to get up there. She might have got YEETed for that one. We made up.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I think I found a new addiction, the Monster Java. The thing is chugging two of those a day is as expensive as having 10 beers a day and instead of alcoholism and liver failure you get diabetes. :lol:

Monster Java? So it's like coffee flavored energy drink? If so, I have to try it!

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Monster Java? So it's like coffee flavored energy drink? If so, I have to try it!

Pretty much what @KnightBrolaire said. It's just expensive and sweet af iced coffee. But they have the X-presso versions too in small cans and they're bit darker. I bought mine from the local K-market.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Welp, went further into the Axe presets catalog and found the best Recto patch in the mid-90s portion, so you better believe I've been playing stuff for the past 4.5 hrs with it :lol:

Now my left wrist is sort as all fuck, but it sounded too good to not play for so long

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Pretty much what @KnightBrolaire said. It's just expensive and sweet af iced coffee. But they have the X-presso versions too in small cans and they're bit darker. I bought mine from the local K-market.
Huh, sounds like I might like it anyway, if it's the right kind of sweet. I usually just buy the Valio Eila ice latte, it comes in 1l milk cartons so it doesn't run out immediately :lol: Sometimes if I'm really thirsty I might accidentally drink the whole carton at once, and that makes me quite dizzy.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I really fucking hate how Amazon is drip feeding The Boys. blkasdlkjsadl;kfjaslkdfjlaksd give me all the episodes NOWWW

Ooh, thanks for reminding me, I totally forgot that new episodes were coming. I'm gonna wait until they're all out though.

Update: blah, started watching straight away anyway :lol:

Last edited:

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm trying to quit coffee cold turkey for a bit after averaging 4-5 a day for the last year or so.
.....the pain......

.....the pain!!

😵‍💫 😵‍💫

Don't do that. Almost every bit of advice you'll encounter will recommend tapering. Caffeine binds to the adenosine A1 and A2A receptors. Your brain is very smart and tricky; it will create more A1 and A2A receptors in the presence of caffeine in order to reacquire what it considers homeostasis. In attempting cold turkey withdrawal you will have a lot of open A1 and A2A receptors and this can become problematic, creating a cascade of problems, so it's best to plug a few of those up with maybe one Monster Energy Ultra Fiesta every afternoon for the next week or so!

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm trying to quit coffee cold turkey for a bit after averaging 4-5 a day for the last year or so.
.....the pain......

.....the pain!!

😵‍💫 😵‍💫
I've found when I want to drop coffee, if I switch to a mild tea that still has a tiny bit of caffeine, it takes very little of it to stop those wonderful headaches that caffeine withdrawal can cause. And you can taper it down fairly quickly without consequence once you get to knowing just how much you need to keep away the cringe.

Good luck. I know it's never fun going through those first few days off the habit.