The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Had a g/f many years ago. When we'd be partying, she'd open a beer, pour out maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of it then fill it back up with cream soda... fkn gross.

I may try this. I cut WAY back on soda about a year ago but I still drink a can every few days. I'd like to stop completely but that ice cold caffeinated carbonated nectar is hard to shake completely... especially with something salty or like a burger or whatever.

I really wish I could just drink unsweetened tea ( or water) but as much as I've tried and tried to like tea... I still to this day just think it tastes weird.
My suggestion is try the lemon lime one first, and make sure you have started eating food first, as you start to lose the "sweet" taste of pop with all that grease coating the inside of your mouth, it literally just tastes like sprite. I've tried a back and forth and while there is a difference if you have both next to each other, its really close.

Diet versions are fullllllll of phenylalinine or whatever however you spell it and also, still like half sugar.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Just drink the Diet versions

My suggestion is try the lemon lime one first, and make sure you have started eating food first, as you start to lose the "sweet" taste of pop with all that grease coating the inside of your mouth, it literally just tastes like sprite. I've tried a back and forth and while there is a difference if you have both next to each other, its really close.

Diet versions are fullllllll of phenylalinine or whatever however you spell it and also, still like half sugar.

Imma try that... love lemon/ lime flavors especially so... yeah. Thanks for the tip.

My issue with diet soda and zero-sugar sports drinks is the sucrose/ sucralose. Some say it's safe, others say not. Also, yeah... phenylalanine, aspartame, etc. Trying to lower my blood pressure and raise my metabolism so diet stuff just doesn't appeal to me for those aspects alone.

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Imma try that... love lemon/ lime flavors especially so... yeah. Thanks for the tip.

My issue with diet soda and zero-sugar sports drinks is the sucrose/ sucralose. Some say it's safe, others say not. Also, yeah... phenylalanine, aspartame, etc. Trying to lower my blood pressure and raise my metabolism so diet stuff just doesn't appeal to me for those aspects alone.

Try Lady Grey. It’s basically Earl Grey with lemon and orange peel. Add a little honey or agave syrup if you want it a little sweeter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Grey_(tea)

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
Woke up too early, got a bunch of stuff done for about....13 hours. Then took a break, hard nap until 7:45 PM....son of a BITCH my sleepy clock is effed for a another day.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
Shall I be conservative and wait out the cryptocurrency December 2021 crash, or shall I buy the dip and take advantage of all the fearful weak handed normies????????????????????????????????????

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
I've been cutting down on coffee (I only drank one cup this week), so now I'm drinking tea instead. But I fucking hate it :lol:
Try chicory. It's hard to find a good one, and if you drink without milk it's nothing like a black coffee, though.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Tea is for when you're sick or have a sore throat! Period!

Agreed. I really just can't be bothered with this bs :lol: I'll be going back to coffee, I just gotta limit it to 1-2 cups a day...

Surprisingly though, I tried putting sugar in my tea this morning and I liked it! I didn't put much, so it didn't actually make it much sweeter but it brought out the tea flavor much more.

Last edited:

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Agreed. I really just can't be bothered with this bs :lol: I'll be going back to coffee, I just gotta limit it to 1-2 cups a day...

Surprisingly though, I tried putting sugar in my tea this morning and I liked it! I didn't put much, so it didn't actually make it much sweeter but it brought out the tea flavor much more.

You can substitute sugar with honey. It still is sweet and it's a healthier alternative than sugar.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sweetener for coffee or tea = agave syrup. Don't know why but it hits me better than honey or sugar. Plus it dissolves super quick in hot liquid.

Though truth be told I rarely sweeten drinks anymore. I've kinda moved away from the sweet spectrum over the last few months. Except for the agave butter I make for sourdough. Fuck my face that shit is like heaven. I even have my coworkers addicted to that shit.

My FWP today is the same as it was most of last week. I just want to take a massive number of days off and write/edit my damn books. Book one is in final edit right now before it goes to my beta readers and I'm pumped to get reactions. Book two and three are in early edits, and book four and five are in draft. I wish I was six people so I could get further faster. Need more time. Argh!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Putting sugar in Pepsi is maaaaybe a bit overkill.

I think putting sugar in Pepsi would just make the Pepsi taste less sweet. :lol:

I used to drink a lot of tea. My parents both drank it all of the time. I kind of slowly got away from it until I was in Russia, then, well, the tea there was too good to pass up. But every time I stopped drinking tea, I would get headaches. So be carefully with caffeine dependency if you start drinking a lot of tea (or whatever caffeinated beverage).

Whether you use bee vomit (aka honey) or the juice of mutant grasses (aka sugar) or unfermented tequila (aka agave), just make sure you don't go too crazy. Those substances can be way more addictive than caffeine and likely overuse of them causes more health problems, long-term.

LordIronSpatula

A series of interconnected fortune cookies.
Reaction score
I've been cutting down on coffee (I only drank one cup this week), so now I'm drinking tea instead. But I fucking hate it :lol: It just doesn't have enough flavor to me, no matter how long I soak the tea or no matter what tea (my wife has a huge collection), it's just like hot water to me.
Does your wife have Pu-Ehr? That’s the only tea that’s come close to scratching the coffee itch for me. It’s thick, earthy and malty. Kind of expensive though…

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh we do the same just no sugar, we have taste buds up here :p

Depending on where up there is, that's questionable, but to segue into another first world problem...

The team I work with at my new job consists of 2 Mexicans and a black girl, and for some reason they're under the impression that that just because I'm white I think pepper is spicy. They were talking about menudo and I asked what it was (I know, I'm a failure of a Texan that doesn't know Mexican food that good) and they thought I'd freak because it has stomach in it. I'm the other kind of white boy, I had gator before I ever tried a salad.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
If they were smarter they would have messed with you saying menudo isn't a type of food, just a late 70s boy band.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Fill a jar with water, sugar, and tea bags, leave it on your porch in the sun.

What is this "sun" you speak of? That's a separate fwp though :lol:

Does your wife have Pu-Ehr? That’s the only tea that’s come close to scratching the coffee itch for me. It’s thick, earthy and malty. Kind of expensive though…

Nope... Just various kinds of flavored black and green teas. I thought I finally found a good one this morning (lemon and ginger black tea), smelled really nice but then I took a sip and fuuuck, same colored hot water as always :wallbash:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
This thread makes me want a Ginger and peach tea with some honey. So I'm gonna make one. :fawk:
Tea needs sugar, but I don't like tea with milk, which is sacrilege in my partner's family.