The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. CanserDYI

CanserDYI 5150 KVLT

My suggestion is try the lemon lime one first, and make sure you have started eating food first, as you start to lose the "sweet" taste of pop with all that grease coating the inside of your mouth, it literally just tastes like sprite. I've tried a back and forth and while there is a difference if you have both next to each other, its really close.

Diet versions are fullllllll of phenylalinine or whatever however you spell it and also, still like half sugar.

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  2. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

Imma try that... love lemon/ lime flavors especially so... yeah. Thanks for the tip.

My issue with diet soda and zero-sugar sports drinks is the sucrose/ sucralose. Some say it's safe, others say not. Also, yeah... phenylalanine, aspartame, etc. Trying to lower my blood pressure and raise my metabolism so diet stuff just doesn't appeal to me for those aspects alone.

3. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Try Lady Grey. It’s basically Earl Grey with lemon and orange peel. Add a little honey or agave syrup if you want it a little sweeter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Grey_(tea)

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  4. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Earl Grey is weird.

It makes your ballsack sag. It's the weirdest feeling.

Edika likes this.
  5. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 spec queen simp Contributor

Woke up too early, got a bunch of stuff done for about....13 hours. Then took a break, hard nap until 7:45 PM....son of a BITCH my sleepy clock is effed for a another day.

6. ramses

ramses Guitar/pizza regular Contributor

Shall I be conservative and wait out the cryptocurrency December 2021 crash, or shall I buy the dip and take advantage of all the fearful weak handed normies????????????????????????????????????

7. Nlelith

Nlelith Motion Designer

Try chicory. It's hard to find a good one, and if you drink without milk it's nothing like a black coffee, though.

8. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Agreed. I really just can't be bothered with this bs :lol: I'll be going back to coffee, I just gotta limit it to 1-2 cups a day...

Surprisingly though, I tried putting sugar in my tea this morning and I liked it! I didn't put much, so it didn't actually make it much sweeter but it brought out the tea flavor much more.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    thebeesknees22 and Edika like this.
  9. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

You can substitute sugar with honey. It still is sweet and it's a healthier alternative than sugar.

10. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

haha yesss yeees, welcome to the dark side.

11. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

Sweetener for coffee or tea = agave syrup. Don't know why but it hits me better than honey or sugar. Plus it dissolves super quick in hot liquid.

Though truth be told I rarely sweeten drinks anymore. I've kinda moved away from the sweet spectrum over the last few months. Except for the agave butter I make for sourdough. Fuck my face that shit is like heaven. I even have my coworkers addicted to that shit.

My FWP today is the same as it was most of last week. I just want to take a massive number of days off and write/edit my damn books. Book one is in final edit right now before it goes to my beta readers and I'm pumped to get reactions. Book two and three are in early edits, and book four and five are in draft. I wish I was six people so I could get further faster. Need more time. Argh!

12. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I think putting sugar in Pepsi would just make the Pepsi taste less sweet. :lol:

I used to drink a lot of tea. My parents both drank it all of the time. I kind of slowly got away from it until I was in Russia, then, well, the tea there was too good to pass up. But every time I stopped drinking tea, I would get headaches. So be carefully with caffeine dependency if you start drinking a lot of tea (or whatever caffeinated beverage).

Whether you use bee vomit (aka honey) or the juice of mutant grasses (aka sugar) or unfermented tequila (aka agave), just make sure you don't go too crazy. Those substances can be way more addictive than caffeine and likely overuse of them causes more health problems, long-term.

13. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

Damn, ordered some stuff.

Only received half of it.

...sigh.. Time to contact customer service.

CanserDYI likes this.
  14. LordIronSpatula

LordIronSpatula A series of interconnected fortune cookies.

Does your wife have Pu-Ehr? That’s the only tea that’s come close to scratching the coffee itch for me. It’s thick, earthy and malty. Kind of expensive though…

15. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

doc.jpg

Fill a jar with water, sugar, and tea bags, leave it on your porch in the sun.

thebeesknees22 likes this.
  16. CanserDYI

CanserDYI 5150 KVLT

Oh we do the same just no sugar, we have taste buds up here :p

17. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

Depending on where up there is, that's questionable, but to segue into another first world problem...

The team I work with at my new job consists of 2 Mexicans and a black girl, and for some reason they're under the impression that that just because I'm white I think pepper is spicy. They were talking about menudo and I asked what it was (I know, I'm a failure of a Texan that doesn't know Mexican food that good) and they thought I'd freak because it has stomach in it. I'm the other kind of white boy, I had gator before I ever tried a salad.

Edika and CanserDYI like this.
  18. MFB

MFB Banned

If they were smarter they would have messed with you saying menudo isn't a type of food, just a late 70s boy band.

Edika likes this.
  19. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

What is this "sun" you speak of? That's a separate fwp though :lol:

Nope... Just various kinds of flavored black and green teas. I thought I finally found a good one this morning (lemon and ginger black tea), smelled really nice but then I took a sip and fuuuck, same colored hot water as always :wallbash:

CanserDYI and BlackMastodon like this.
  20. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

This thread makes me want a Ginger and peach tea with some honey. So I'm gonna make one. :fawk:
    Tea needs sugar, but I don't like tea with milk, which is sacrilege in my partner's family.

p0ke likes this.