The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

You don't go to the Cafe', you go to the Boofe'.

2. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

mmm.... the IATSE (film and tv union) put up a countdown for their strike on their site. T-minus 4 days.

https://iatse.net/strike-date-set-for-60000-film-and-television-workers/

It'll definitely effect my side of the industry. ...I should go stock up on mac n' cheese and ramen. ...I should probably stop buying gear for a bit too ha

...on the plus side maybe I'll have more time to do my 2nd round of practice writing/mixing/mastering.

3. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

The first solid thing I put in my mouth today was a bag of Cheddar Jalapeno Cheetos at 11pm because my idiot co-worker threw away my lunch while cleaning our shared lunch box. Bad mistake. Now my stomach is burning. :S

4. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

just wait till it comes out the other end lol

5. Kaura

Nah, they weren't that hot really but the fact I haven't eaten anything else today really messed up my stomach.

6. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

At least you had the good tasting ones as opposed to the flaming hot zero flavor ones.

I had a bit of . . . let's say mental distress yesterday and skipped eating until supper when all I had was about six spoons of chili with tobasco on it. To say my stomach wasn't happy is a mild understatement. So I totally feel ya.

Kaura likes this.
  7. MFB

MFB Banned

I have never felt so attacked

8. Kaura

Yeah, I tried Flamin Hot Cheetos for the first time a while back and they we're a bit underwhelming. I think it was last spring ('20) when I had the regular ones or any kind of Cheetos for the first time and someone recommended the jalapeno ones. It's definitely an improvement but I miss the Snider pretzel pieces they used to sell here back in the day. They were fucking S-tier snacks.

Today's problem: I came up with a new riff and tried using GR5 to quickly record it down like I always do. Well, looks like I deleted some files related to it last weekend when I was cleaning up my C-drive since it was down to 1Gb. Tried reinstalling GR5 twice using the horrible Native Access. No luck. Luckily I had the raw installation file on my pc so I tried using that but then I ran out of disc space. Moved some Google files (which I later found out fucked up my Chrome settings) and I finally got it installed.

And best part, of course I completely forgot what I was supposed to record. :lol:

9. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

@Kaura
    As an IT dude that's currently got two semi-functional computers on his desk that he's trying to nurse through long enough to get a new one loaded, I feel your pain. And I can't count the number of times computer issues have botched a recording session for me.

Maybe we need to go back to reel to reel?

Kaura likes this.
  10. LiveOVErdrive

LiveOVErdrive CNC hack

I feel like somehow enterprise corporate business software is universally always terrible. I can only assume it is because they build them to fit every company's needs, which means they don't do a good job of filling any of them.

"oh you need to enter your time off? Sure. Just click this, and then this, and this, okay now enter the time per day per bucket. But you have to type in the bucket name, not pick from a drop down. Now wait five seconds to see if thats a valid type"

11. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire until Vanhalen bruthher

all yall complaining about software have clearly never had to deal with military software/websites. It's the fucking worst, especially their medical charting software.
    Clunky? check
    Poorly optimized? check
    Extremely obtuse UI? check
    Servers shitting the bed every few weeks? check

12. Kaura

What about military combat software? Tbh, the software wasn't even that bad. But when your "internet" is actually just connecting a computer to a field radio equivalent to what was used in WWII then that's when the fun begins. Man, I miss army. :D

13. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Goddamned Spotify desktop client keeps updating all the time. I mean, I wouldn't mind an update a week or something, but this one seems to update several times a day.
    On top of that, the "New releases" category (which I always monitor for new album releases) has disappeared again.

14. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Pretty much every time Spotify changes the way their library management works I get annoyed that I have to re-think how I use it. Used to be that you could just mark a whole album at once and it would be put into rotation if you just shuffled all your liked music - but at some point they changed it so that "adding an album" functionally did nothing, and you now have to manually click and add EVERY FACKING SONG you want to a playlist if you just want to shuffle all your tunes at once. And then if a new version of an album comes out, or one is removed and re-added, or some other weird house-keeping happens, a bunch of tunes will just stealthily disappear from those lists so you have to go back and audit what you want included.

It would be great if you could just go "this artist, this artist, this artist, just always play all of their stuff". Or a dynamic playlist of sorts where you don't add songs, but you instead add any unit you can interact with - an album, an artist, another playlist, etc., maybe some kind of set of rules where you sort of define your own discovery queue.

15. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

For some reason Tiktok sent me into Subaru Lesbian Tiktok. Maybe it's because this is my entire knowledge of Subarus is this...

and I'm missing something, but what is the deal with lesbians and Subarus?

steinmetzify and Adieu like this.
  16. wheresthefbomb

wheresthefbomb SS.org Regular

There's a lot of overlap where I live because they're good cars for if you're a hippie living out in the woods in a cabin in a place that's frozen 3/4 of the year. I've never really even thought to question it because it seemed obvious. The only reason I'm not driving one is because they didn't have any when I went to the dealership.

Outside of places like this, I couldn't begin to say, maybe the lifestyle association was exported.

Edit: not those Subarus people rally, Foresters and Outbacks. There is an Outback around here that's all lifted and has huge snow tires on it though, I see it rallying during the winter.

Adieu likes this.
  17. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

I ordered ramen on Uber Eats from my favorite ramen place last night. They sent me all the solids but forgot the broth. I had to use broth from some instant noodles I had lying around. The extra poached egg I paid for was way undercooked and completely dissolved into the shitty broth. The pork was just a giant piece of chewy, gamey, fatty tissue, totally inedible. The noodles in instant ramen are better than the ones they sent.

To top it all off, I spent all night with a stomach ache, cracking the toilet ball.

Not sure what happened to these guys.

18. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

Ya, that's like my dad has some kind of Subaru because he's getting older and that's easier for him to get into than something like a Jeep or something. I wasn't sure if it was like the female version of Ford or something....

Also...back to the Lesbaru Tiktok thing...I know their algorithm is supposed to be pretty accurate...while I shouldn't eat at Chik-Fil-A, I am neither a lesbian or transmasc, and I don't know why it thinks I am.

19. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Weeks?

A server for something that you actually need heavily and regularly that doesn't piss the bed several times per day and take a horse-with-diarrhea-sized shit weekly is pretty damn stable.

20. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Did they datamine your pron search history?