The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
People that comment on for sale ads telling you you won't sell bc your prices are unfair and your shit "doesn't appreciate" or tell you things should be almost half the price you're asking piss me off to no end. Dude just posted a rant on my FB for sale saying my guitars aren't worth half of what I'm selling them for and I straight up reported it. If you don't agree just move on and don't buy it. I don't think I'm unreasonable, especially since my prices are based off of sold listings already. The only one that's a little high is the BCR but those things have doubled in value since last year, anyone who wants to ask the old prices is ridiculous.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
More coffee. *ahem, lot's more coffee can solve that problem lol. Come join me @SexHaver420 in the 4-6 cups a day club.
Earlier this week I was making my morning espresso and tramping down the grind. I brought the cup up to eye level to check that it was even, then gave it a final little push while still holding it up. The tamper slipped and threw a shitload of finely ground coffee right in my face. The shit was everywhere and I had to clean it out of my eyelashes, chest hair, probably ears, too. I cleaned it up, made my double espresso and signed on to my meeting. About 30 minutes after finishing my coffee I noticed I was vibrating more than usual and realized I must've breathed in some of the coffee ground that was in my nose.

So anyway, now I just cut out the middle man and snort a line of coffee every morning. Uses less ground per day and its cheaper than coke!

mood-heart-beat.gif

Last edited:

Furtive Glance

It's cold and there are wolves after me...
Reaction score
People that comment on for sale ads telling you you won't sell bc your prices are unfair and your shit "doesn't appreciate" or tell you things should be almost half the price you're asking piss me off to no end. Dude just posted a rant on my FB for sale saying my guitars aren't worth half of what I'm selling them for and I straight up reported it. If you don't agree just move on and don't buy it. I don't think I'm unreasonable, especially since my prices are based off of sold listings already. The only one that's a little high is the BCR but those things have doubled in value since last year, anyone who wants to ask the old prices is ridiculous.

I’m a big fan of when people message me with “I saw one of these get sold for ___ less than yours last week.” Then you should have bought that one, dipshit!

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of when people message me with “I saw one of these get sold for ___ less than yours last week.” Then you should have bought that one, dipshit!

Felt that one, honestly if you disagree with a price just laugh and move on. If you wanted it bad enough to argue just find a better deal.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
I find the YouTube videos where they lampoon reverb postings for being too expensive to be a bit poor taste for a similar reason. Even if someone is asking 4x what the guitar is worth, publicly mocking them just seems mean.

Disclaimer: that may not be what those videos actually do. I'm going off thumbnails and click bait titles here, because, you know, I don't want to watch the video that the title card implies it is.

KnightBrolaire

meet me in the pit
Reaction score
The Skyfall song by Adele is dreadful and hearing it puts me in a bad mood.
nah the jack white song from quantum of solace is way worse. Dude is fucking off key for most of the song and somehow manages to make alicia keys sound bad. I usually like jack white but that song is fucking awful

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Back in Texas for more training/more $.

All good and is what it is but fuck all the Texas lol

It’s October for fuck’s sake, wtf is it 90 degrees and 95% humidity at 7am?! The fuck is WRONG with this place?!

Getting in a plane in 3 hours to go back to where it’s normal…

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Earlier this week I was making my morning espresso and tramping down the grind. I brought the cup up to eye level to check that it was even, then gave it a final little push while still holding it up. The tamper slipped and threw a shitload of finely ground coffee right in my face. The shit was everywhere and I had to clean it out of my eyelashes, chest hair, probably ears, too. I cleaned it up, made my double espresso and signed on to my meeting. About 30 minutes after finishing my coffee I noticed I was vibrating more than usual and realized I must've breathed in some of the coffee ground that was in my nose.

So anyway, now I just cut out the middle man and snort a line of coffee every morning. Uses less ground per day and its cheaper than coke!

mood-heart-beat.gif
I've also found that shoving coffee grinds directly into my eyeballs gets the job done quick and dirty.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I've also found that shoving coffee grinds directly into my eyeballs gets the job done quick and dirty.
"Are you a very busy adult with many important things to do, but no time to enjoy your morning cup-a-Joe?" *queue montage of inept middle-aged white people tripping over themselves and spilling coffee in hilariously exaggerated ways*

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
A few years back, the company I work for was getting bought out and I took some flak for being very vocal about how there was a pretty big risk that this was going to change the company into something a lot more "corporate-y". Today, I once again lament that we are, in fact, becoming very corporate-y, and I'm not a fan of it. I can understand the need for some elements of it, but other things just feel arbitrary. We've had some IT things change on us without warning that throw a wrench into workflow for no real reason. It's a really minor change, and on some level I'm just providing that old-man-laments-the-loss-of-the-old-ways voice so that nobody else has to, but still.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score

mood-heart-beat.gif

I know this was a nonserious joke, but in case anyone get's any ideas from further on down this line of thinking, yes, people have tried to insufflate pure caffeine and yes, indeed, it is often deadly. A young man at my university tried this once and wound up in the hospital.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A few years back, the company I work for was getting bought out and I took some flak for being very vocal about how there was a pretty big risk that this was going to change the company into something a lot more "corporate-y". Today, I once again lament that we are, in fact, becoming very corporate-y, and I'm not a fan of it. I can understand the need for some elements of it, but other things just feel arbitrary. We've had some IT things change on us without warning that throw a wrench into workflow for no real reason. It's a really minor change, and on some level I'm just providing that old-man-laments-the-loss-of-the-old-ways voice so that nobody else has to, but still.
Don't feel too terrible about it. I'm in a relatively small company with an IT staff of 9 total including the director and myself. And there are still "mandated" bullshit IT changes that break my systems without warning on a near weekly basis.

Granted, that's mostly because our network admin is a complete dickhole, but that's a whole other can of worms.
better than up your bum!
Hot Coffee Enema - my new punk band.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Don't feel too terrible about it. I'm in a relatively small company with an IT staff of 9
When I started out where I am, I think we were..... maybe a little more than a dozen people? I can't remember. I think I was employee 15 or 16 maybe. We're over a hundred now directly in our company, plus another company that kind of shares our name now, not counting the parent company that owns who knows how many companies and employs probably in the tens or hundreds of thousands of people. All things considered we've retained a lot more small-company things than we could have, but you can't go from scrappy little indie startup to part of an industry giant without losing something in translation. And nobody talks about it. And when I do talk about, I have to put on the "I get I'm being a grumpy old man" character in order to not take flak for complaining.

Granted, that's mostly because our network admin is a complete dickhole
I can at least say that everyone involved is doing the best they can. I don't blame the IT guy on our side, since he's doing what he can within the constraints given to him by the parent company.

SD83

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Stayed over night at a friends house for the weekend and was reminded once more that I'll probably never in my life spent any time being comfortable in a bathtub. At almost 6'5'', I'll be stuck with showers till the end. Even in the movies where people have enormous mansions or stay in the fanciest rooms of a hotel and the bathroom is half as big as my appartement, how is anyone who is just slightly above average ever going to have a good time in those?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Stayed over night at a friends house for the weekend and was reminded once more that I'll probably never in my life spent any time being comfortable in a bathtub. At almost 6'5'', I'll be stuck with showers till the end. Even in the movies where people have enormous mansions or stay in the fanciest rooms of a hotel and the bathroom is half as big as my appartement, how is anyone who is just slightly above average ever going to have a good time in those?
I'm 5'10" and I don't think I'd be comfortable soaking in any normal bathtub. I even had a tough time showering when I lived in Russia and my flat's shower was only 6' from floor to ceiling and the shower head max'd out around 5', not to mention that the floor space was barely enough for me to fit my shoulders diagonally between corners. Since there are plenty of Russian people taller than me, I have no idea how any of them managed.

But yeah, I haven't taken a "bath" since I was probably 9 or 10 years old.