The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

KnightBrolaire

Grand Wiggle Wizard
Reaction score
I was going to sell my 8 string explorer but I made the mistake of taking it out of the rack and jamming on it. I want to keep it, but at the same time I could ditch it for a guild x88 and cash.

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Because of stamp duties & taxes (just went over the threshold for exceptions, due to the area we want to buy in), my house deposit is not enough to be able to get a loan, even though our income is more than enough to comfortably afford the loan.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Complained about having to run every day to win a bet, proceeded to run my best 4 miles pace I have all year after doing so (8:15 for those who are curious)

Fucking aye

This fucking coworker is going to kill me. Motherfucker just goes out and casually runs eight miles today; so now my once five mile lead is now a mere two, since I ran five miles today (a distance PR for the past ...two years?).

He also decided to move the goal post on when it's over. Previously we were doing this for one month, and it only continued if we tie, but now? Now even if he's down at the end of the month, it's just whoever quits first which is an impossible deadline to set, so we have to discuss that tomorrow. We need something tangible not this ever moving target.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
This fucking coworker is going to kill me. Motherfucker just goes out and casually runs eight miles today; so now my once five mile lead is now a mere two, since I ran five miles today (a distance PR for the past ...two years?).

He also decided to move the goal post on when it's over. Previously we were doing this for one month, and it only continued if we tie, but now? Now even if he's down at the end of the month, it's just whoever quits first which is an impossible deadline to set, so we have to discuss that tomorrow. We need something tangible not this ever moving target.

this reminds me so much of the episode of Seinfeld when Jerry bets Kramer that he won't build "levels" into his apartment

edit: ok actually it's not really the same, but still... the bet is the bet. You can make a new bet, but you can't just change the original bet. That defeats the whole purpose of making a bet.

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Got some spare money, like four-figures spare money. But right now there's nothing interesting on the guitar market.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Only available in US and those fuckers don't even offer matching headstocks.

Also, as we're speaking I just lost 900€ so nevermind. Fuck gambling. :lol:

As much as I love matching headstocks....IMHO they don't work on Fenders.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Since my daughter learned to ride a bicycle, it's all she wants to do. I've already had to explain 5-6 times during the ~3 hours we've been awake today that no, we aren't going outside right now because it's raining ...

I used to have a Hello Kitty Squier, not like that one though. Our keyboard player gave it to me to cover his part of our rehearsal space rent a few years ago.
It was basically a black strat with only a bridge humbucker and a Hello Kitty shaped pickguard. It was a surprisingly good guitar tbh, but it wasn't my kind of thing at all so I sold it.

_0pbepoHNQU7-aedRG-vDUSomLJIH6DdOforhAQ72ipaHw6674Mrxj1bRosNOVcIah9jWvja8FowSJnljftNpLLNN9sF3kQcZLwSTz1VfifP2gHR5XSkg3dLMI4ypA7I7_W4wb59pYk=w2400

Last edited:

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
Put together my signal chain (2 in front, 8 in loop)and got it all powered and latched to the Temple Board. Son of a bitch the noise, must be this cheap tuner....staring....more staring....my FX send is sitting on top of the power strip. Let's shove that aside. Fixed. I'm considering better cables, assuming better shielding....but not sure if that's more likely to help or not.

KnightBrolaire

Grand Wiggle Wizard
Reaction score
I kiiiind of want a diezel k100 loaded 2x12 but I know that it won't get used enough to warrant the price. I might just grab another harley benton 2x12 and slap k100s in it.

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Tried recording for the first time in ages. Everything's fine until I decided to add some lead guitar. Sounded like hot garbage.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Only available in US and those fuckers don't even offer matching headstocks.

Also, as we're speaking I just lost 900€ so nevermind. Fuck gambling. :lol:

Thats funny, I just won 4 figures gambling lolol

Also same problem, nothing I’m really super interested in. There was a badass Suhr a while back but it’s long gone and I haven’t seen anything I NEED.