The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. lurè

lurè Fake Shredder

I was pulling the trigger on a used rg 550 genesis in purple neon , but of course it has to be sold the same exact day i asked the shop for availability.

2. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

Since I've been trying to up my cooking skills, I was watching Black Butler so I tried making curry buns.

The curry buns were FUBARed, so we tried to do some quick rice and it was a big
    [​IMG]

But the curry itself...I've only had curry that I've made...but that was some bomb ass curry.

3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire \[T]/

decided to get back into collecting pokemon cards for shits and giggles, but it is fucking impossible to get booster packs or anything without going on ebay. I had to go to 3 different walmarts and 4 targets just to get a couple booster packs and a starter pack. Absolutely ridiculous.

4. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

Funny you mention. I put in another 100€ and ended up winning 300€. :D

5. TheBolivianSniper

TheBolivianSniper SS.org Regular

Guitar center doesn't know what a fucking MIJ 90s jackson is but the guy I traded with wanted it back so bad he came back, gave me 500 for it, so now I walk away with 500 and an iron label 7. Played it for a bit and it's definitely one of the hits. I'm probably gonna take it back since they offered 400 for it and go snag a WR7 though.

Guy had to borrow money from his girlfriend who drove him tho and I was like whatever bro, he told me he's gonna refret the LP with jumbo stainless. Interesting world. I'm happy, he's gonna play the shit out of the thing, guitar center was unperturbed and was happy to tell me to come back. Caught the bus perfectly on time, and my steak burrito I made tonight was tasty. I guess the story has a happy ending.

6. TheBolivianSniper

TheBolivianSniper SS.org Regular

Update, I have found the first of the whales.

Screenshot_20210715-132348_Chrome.jpg

Unfortunately the sustainiac is currently busted and it's apparently got a chip in it that I haven't been able to figure out bc the guy hasn't had time to send photos. I'll be getting some tonight. He wants this crackle charvel currently on reverb and has offered either of his avengers, both purple, if I can get it for him and he'll road trip up from Virginia to trade me whichever one I want.

So here's hoping he can get it fixed. If he gets it fixed I'll gladly give him his asking price since with selling thst jackson back and flipping the ibanez 7 I'll have almost exactly what he wants. If he can't I'm gonna be sad af bc these things NEVER show up and it's when I'm finally ahead on guitars.

This is like the definition of a first world problem. Every spec perfect, enough money to get it, and it's busted.

7. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

We received some cheap ass pallets from USA earlier this week and the design is so fucked up that the forks in our forklifts don't even fit under them. And secondly, for some reason the products are tax-free so we have to shelf them to this special area which is right at the end of the hallway and that specific hallway is always full of some random pallets that don't belong to my department + the pallets are too high for the shelves so I have no fucking clue what to do with the pallets. Generally, I fucking hate my job after coming back from summer vacation. Before the vacation I was pulling 13 hour days no problem but now I'm counting minutes to survive 8 hours, lol.

#justforkliftoperatorproblems

TheBolivianSniper likes this.
  8. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

No FLGS around where you are? That's the first place I'd go to for TCGs. Support a local business and they'll most likely have more inventory.

9. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

I haven't bought new clothes since probably 4 months before the pandemic hit.

I need to buy some. But I don't want to go to a store yet. I don't want to order stuff online either because it's hard to find clothes that fit.

I'm down to one pair of shorts now since the button popped off my 2nd pair. The only pair I have left is blue. But a lot of my shirts are blue or a blue-ish gray so they don't go together. The hottest part of summer is coming soon. It'll be too hot to wear pants.

10. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

Where I live If I shop super early in the a.m, there's never many people out. That's when I hit the grocery or whatever other retail stores I need. By mid morning to noon, Team Murica is out in force so I try to be back home by then.

Adieu likes this.
  11. thebeesknees22

I think that's what I'll need to do too. Early sunday morning shopping spree it is! ...in a few more weeks since I just got my 2nd shot ha

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  12. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

A complaint for having to be lucky: I snagged the Joyo Bantamp 2-channel Mesa type on sale from Amazon. They freaking slapped a shipping label on the product carton to send it. It arrived this afternoon in a massive thunderstorm; fortunately I was walking past the door as it was being dropped otherwise it would have been ruined.

13. MFB

MFB Banned

The Zombie? I love mine, I run it around 11 for gain and 12 or 2 for tone for the Mesa sound, and then if you do around 9 o clock for gain and 10 o clock for tone, its like a more hard rock, Marshall type sound that I use for like, Clutch and White Zombie.

I might also have the gain/tone knobs int he wrong order, but 99% sure it's right

Demiurge likes this.
  14. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

^It is. Once the fucking lightning stops I hope to take it for a spin.

15. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

Just did some upper body, but I'm behind in legs.....and not feeling it but gonna do it anyway.

16. thebeesknees22

I had a small pie with caramel cinnamon rolls in it for breakfast yesterday. It was like 90% sugar. Suuuper tasty.
    ...this morning I massive headache setting in from the sugar crash.

..... I would do it again....

17. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

Food hangovers are real.

thebeesknees22 likes this.
  18. wheresthefbomb

wheresthefbomb SS.org Regular

Took my new MM HD130 to the tech because it had some gross distortion under notes, more evident the quieter I pick. Had him put new tubes in and check everything as usual...

....came back with new tubes and the same problem. He's the only guy in town so I've gotta get my ass back into town, drop it off at the guitar shop, and wait for him to come pick it up and work on it again.

This isn't even the first time I've had to send an amp back to this guy. To his credit he eventually fixed the issue with the last one.

19. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

My wife is the only person I know that doesn't eat rare steaks (keep in mind I'm at that age where I have to either get really into cooking meat or yardcare), and she can never remind me of that until she has her whole steak cut up where I can't toss it in the oven to give it a little more time.

That being said...I got 2 steaks for dinner. :hbang:

LordIronSpatula likes this.
  20. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

I like eating open-faced sandwiches with peanut butter, banana, and honey but it gets all up on my moustache and the honey drips all over my hand.

Find me a bigger FWP.