The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

lmao... yeah.

The following morning there were smoke detector parts and batteries everywhere. And the CO detector wound up inside my Jeep in the garage lol.

2. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Yep, fuck those. You never really know which one of them is beeping either, because the tone is such that you can't tell where it's coming from. I once changed batteries on all of them, and still the beeping continued. Turns out I had left an old one in a drawer in the kitchen...
    Ours luckily have 9V batteries instead of those small flat CR3032 batteries, so they last a lot longer, I haven't had to change a single battery in several years.

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  3. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

What kind of Coke do you want?

I would like a Dr Pepper.

There's not a period in it.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  4. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Ah smoke detectors, previous owners in my house had several installed and we have one in the kitchen (makes somewhat sense) and one to the living room next to the kitchen. If I'm making stakes or something that might make a bit more vapor/smoke, if I forget the living room door open the smoke alarm from there starts beeping along with the one in the kitchen. And that is with aspirator working on full and a window in the kitchen open. If I have the door closed, no matter how much smoke I make in the kitchen, not a single beep!

5. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Not sure if I posted this here before, I was meaning to and had something written but probably never pressed post reply.

I have my phone in a case and had a screen protector. It had taken a few tumbles and the case protected the phone and the screen protector had a couple of cracks. A few days back I was playing with the kids in the garden and instead of leaving my phone inside or somewhere on the garden, I had it in my pocket. So while running around, the phone slips out of my pocket, hits on the paved part of the garden and manages to find the spot just between the screen protector and the case, cracking the screen on the most part of the upper half. I wouldn't mind but the impact point is just above the front facing camera, so now it has that milkyway hue and it's somewhat blurry. I had the phone for one year and a half and since I never cracked a screen I didn't opt for phone insurance on my plan. Seems it'll be £100 to change the screen or I just live with it and not use the front facing camera. Problem is I usually call my sister back home and the kids grandparents to talk to and now it won't be as possible. Decisions decisions...

6. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

Glad to see people share my angst towards smoke detectors. :metal:

On to the next rant. Bought some Pringles for the first time in ages today because the can said "EXTRA HOT". Well, extra hot my ass. I can hardly feel a tingle on my tongue. I don't blame the product for being too mild but I blame the marketing people for false advertising. At least hot sauce manufacturers have learned their shit and when they say 10/10 (on hotness scale) it does mean that.

7. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

It's because it's Pringles... If you want something actually hot, try the Poppamies chips or the Inferno chips that Lidl sells (they're not available all the time, I think)

8. High Plains Drifter

I fuckin hate my mattress.

Edika, CM_X5 and thebeesknees22 like this.
  9. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

I know, which comes to another problem. I hate the Poppamies chips (love their sauces though). They feel and taste like plastic with hardly any heat either. Also, feels like they replaced the Hotheadz chips which were somewhat decent but the real problem is that I haven't found the Blair's chips in years. They were the best. Great taste and great heat.

10. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Wait…. I thought you just got it? Told you to go with the Hastens Vividus.

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  11. High Plains Drifter

lol... That's just a bit out of our budget.

So... The one we got was the Seely Platinum whatever in plush. Wife loves it and I thought I did too. But after the first week I felt like it was just too soft... like a walrus trying to get comfortable in a bucket of marshmallows. Prob looked similar too. So with the 120 day return window, I made the decision to see if there was another mattress that we might've overlooked. I think ( God I hope) we nailed it down this time. It's a Tempurpedic Pro-Adapt Hybrid in medium. We never looked at this one originally cause it's a good chunk more money than the Seely... even more now since we'll be penalized about $350 for the exchange. Oh well... It'll be here Monday next week. I think that I went into this deal all wrong... wanting something super soft but not giving more consideration to support. The new one def isn't plush but rather a seemingly good balance of plush and supportive. Meh... I'm not necessarily surprised about this... I haven't bought a new mattress in over 20 yrs so there was bound to be a snag.

Edika likes this.
  12. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Hmm, ok. I guess I mixed them up with something else then, because the ones I tried were hot af. Estrella also have Sourcream & Chili chips, if I remember correctly they were just perfect for my taste. But I could've mixed those up too, I try to avoid chips at all cost so haven't eaten any in a while...

13. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

bought a harley benton 2x12 just to be my test bitch for speakers and I kind of like how the chinese v30 ripoffs sound. Like enough to the point where I'm hesitating replacing both of them with the jensen stealths I bought. Clearly the most SSO solution is to buy another 2x12 and load that one with the stealths, so that way I have options. :lol:

Edika likes this.
  14. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

Dude, this ranks right up there with the day I realized I had a greenback just sitting there unused. Of course the only solution was to buy a 20 watt tube combo to stick it in. :lol:

OHHH! THERE YOU GO! Find you a 2x12 combo amp. That's bound to be more expensive than an empty cab! <-- gear whore logic

KnightBrolaire likes this.
  15. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

Alright that is easily the most SSO thing I've ever heard. you win :lol:

nightflameauto likes this.
  16. TheBolivianSniper

TheBolivianSniper SS.org Regular

I can't tell if I'm hungry or just tired. Like I'm so fucking hungry all the damn time. It never stops no matter how much or what I eat. I'm sick of cooking so much and not having leftovers for more than a day. I'm trying to really get serious definition on this summer since I have a ton of unrefined muscle from the semester and really getting it super lean is far harder and more taxing than just building.

also I cannot justify having more guitars and I'm too lazy to put my SV in drop C, but I really want something in a lower tuning and with a different sound, whatever, it'll get set up when I throw on the upgrades and fresh pickups

Edika likes this.
  17. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

In a similar manner as above I have a few sets of pickups that I don't want to sell, but I'm happy with the sets I have in my guitars. So I've been trying to find cheap midrange guitars that I'd keep with crap pickups to put those sets in! It makes sense lol!

LordIronSpatula likes this.
  18. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

You ever down tune someone else's tight AF acoustic like, just a half step? Then that person, who has perfect pitch or whatever, goes apoplectic and can't figure out wtf happened to their universe when they go to play it again? Its pretty funny.

Edika likes this.
  19. MFB

MFB Banned

Rearranging the living area now that my loveseat was dropped off, my initial layout does look good, but it would mean I have to get rid of my power recliner; sadly its just sort of caught in the middle between the TV and sofa at an angle.

I'm going to try it another way and see if everything fits as I want it to, but sadly I think the end result will be the same and I'll have just spent time and energy for a definite answer.

20. MFB

MFB Banned

Well I made it work, currently the chair isn't really used as 3rd for movies/TV, it's a dedicated reading chair so it can be kept at a non-encroaching angle in the room. Truthfully I don't expect to really host anyone any time soon besides single chicks(?/:pimpin:), so it's fine as is, and again, if need be with company I can just move it as needed or use my computer chair that's also in eyeline of the TV.