The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

2. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Given that people keep comparing to From Mars - I feel like this new material is more comparable in production style to that release than it is to the last two. To my ears, Fortitude sounds like a more polished take on what From Mars was trying to do - 'cause From Mars sounds very un-polished to me.

Production-wise, IMO, The Way of all Flesh beats everything else.

3. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Wrong thread, Ted. I guess the new Gojira album can be considered a FWP, though, because I don't care for it and after this one and Magma I've kind of given up on future Gojira releases. Bands change, I get it, it's just not for me. I'll always have middle-era Gojira.

4. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Oh wow, how did I not notice that.

It's been a frustrating weekend - call this a symptom of the many first world problems I'm dealing with lately.

Edika and BlackMastodon like this.
  5. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

Let me epitomize the first world problem epidemic. Shipping notifications have me right on the edge of my seat. Have a guitar arriving this week, but I'm off Thursday and Friday, so it's a race against time and I'm biting nails with a twisted gut over it. There's nothing worse than having to run into work on a day off for something so stupid, but I didn't want it delivered at home because I never know when the home delivery folks are gonna go full-blown idiot and just leave a Jackson labeled box out in the open right at the end of the driveway like they did with my Mesa box a couple years back. If there were a single guitar player in the neighborhood that wasn't honest, I'd have probably lost that one.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEM: Enough money to buy good gear. Afeerd shippers suck too much.

6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

That's why I always have my stuff sent to a delivery hub. I've had dipshits from fedex and ups just straight up forge my signature so they can drop my package on my doorstep. Never again.

mastapimp likes this.
  7. nightflameauto

I've had similar happen. Back before the crack down on drivers about wasting time at individual stops our drivers would actually walk shit around the house, through the gate and set them on the back swing so nobody could see them. But that level of customer service went bye-bye when the big delivery services started tracking and cracking for anything over thirty seconds per stop. I'd hate to be a delivery driver now. Your choice is either be utter shit at your job, or rack up points and eventually be fired for not being fast enough according to the calculations some MBA asshole made to decide how long each stop should take.

Luckily, work's good for me 99.999% of the time as the dock dudes know who I am and get my shit to me unscathed provided the shipper doesn't rape it. Bot on weeks where I'm not in every day my packages inevitably come in when I'm not here.

8. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

My desk feels really barren with no speakers on it. I'm not sure if I posted in the right thread, but my rokits exploded. Going to try to repair them, but given the rona lockdowns, it'll be difficult to find replacements.

9. nightflameauto

Behold, the uniquely modern first world problem of tracking hell. My new guitar will arrive at work one of the two days I have off before the weekend. Normally I could put a stop on it and have it sit at the hub that's a block from my house, but for whatever reason Fedex is being a bitch and not letting me change destination.

For as few days as I take off, it's amazing how often this happens.

10. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Man, I've never ever been able to sync up my off/short days with the deliveries of fun stuff. Ever. I feel your struggle.

11. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

UPS left a $3500 Soldano SLO in the box (said Soldano on it) next to my trash cans at the end of my driveway. And yes... it was trash day.

Luckily I arrived home before trash pickup.

Seabeast2000, BlackMastodon and Edika like this.
  12. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

That's not done out of incompetence. That's done on purpose, and with intent.

USMarine75 likes this.
  13. USMarine75

F'in Mesa fans are everywhere, dammit.

Millul, Edika and thebeesknees22 like this.
  14. nightflameauto

Oh god damn. And I was pissed off about my $600 mesa package.

Now, somehow, my guitar and case are shipping in three separate packages. One of them is set to arrive the last day I'm at work. The other two the next day. WTF? Guarantee either the guitar or the case arrives when I'm at work, the other the day after. I'm baffled.

USMarine75 likes this.
  15. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Ouch.

It's okay, FedEx left my Sadowsky outside in the freezing rain, and didn't even bother knocking on the door. That was fun to roll up on after a 15hr day.

USMarine75 likes this.
  16. USMarine75

Same guy also left a box in a plastic bag because it was raining. Nice of him right? But he left the bag open and under our gutter drain so it filled with water. Package was basically floating in a fish tank lol.

Another time he left boxes laying down outside my garage doors instead of by any other doors. The idea was you'd drive over your own packages on the way out.

This all started because we reported him because he marked a package as undeliverable, because we weren't home. Except we were. We were outside in our driveway the entire time. And it wasn't the first time he had failed to make a delivery attempt - we were one of last routes of day for him (6-8pm), so apparently in order to knock off early he would scan what was left as undeliverable.

vilk likes this.
  17. nightflameauto

Oh, man, I've seen some of this crap before. The most maddening one was a UPS package that, I was literally sitting in my truck bed messing with some adjustments to the tracks that hold the clamps for bungies and saw the UPS truck drive by, like five feet away from me. Then about ten minutes later I get one of those lovely "no one home" "undeliverable" messages in my efail. Lazy puke just had to stop and wave and I could have reached out and taken the damn box from him. Grrr.

USMarine75 likes this.
  18. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

might be time to invest in a security camera.

USMarine75 likes this.
  19. USMarine75

Right?

Luckily he got fired before we got the chance to install one lol.

thebeesknees22 and Edika like this.
  20. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I hope you reported him for every instance and had a hand in getting him fired. Seems like a monumental cunt.

USMarine75 and BlackMastodon like this.