The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

yuuup. same thing here. We had a high of 86F yesterday, which is completely bizarre for this time of year. Guess it's a good thing I haven't started planting anything this season yet.

2. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Climate change, babyyyy.

3. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I took the rest of the week off as we had two bank holidays yesterday and today. Last week the weather was great so I thought since the kids are of school we'll go around for walks in nature and I'll finally by a BBQ grill and start grilling! Since Sunday it's been sun, snow, wind, sun, snow, wind. If at least it would decide to be either snowy or sunny but cold it would be more tolerable.

4. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

And ring a ding ding baybee, da box is in da mail.

Millul and steinmetzify like this.
  5. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

oooooh man! sick purchase!

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  6. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

In Houston for a month for work, beer is only 4.2%

Irked

7. thebeesknees22

I'm debating going back home to the US to get my covid vaccine. Missouri is opening up shots to the general public on April 9th I think.... But re-entry to canada is going to cost a couple grand, and it's a big pain in the butt. I might be looking at $2500-$3000k as long as I don't test positive on arrival in canada. It's potentially...a lot more if something goes bad and I did test positive.

....to drop a big chunk of change to be free. or... to wait... and continue to watch canada fail abysmally on this vaccination roll out. ....decisions...decisions.....

Edika likes this.
  8. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Doesn't sound worth it to me. Even with the vaccines, it's not like it stops the lockdown rules from being in effect or anything. Still likely to be stuck inside with nothing to do and less money.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  9. Furtive Glance

Furtive Glance "Bite my glorious, golden ass!"

Yeah, don't bother. Return quarantine rules just botch the whole thing.

10. thebeesknees22

yeah :(

The fine/prison time if you don't follow the quarantine rules on re-entry to a T are fun. $750k-$1million. Plus 6mo-3 yrs prison time. :(

but man....I'm so tired of waiting.

speaking of lockdown. it looks like we're heading toward another hard lockdown fast. yay!

11. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Yeah, not worth it in any way. Best case you'd have to quarantine for a couple of weeks and have peace of mind, but it's not gonna change anything and you'll still have to abide the province's lockdown rules, wear a mask in public, etc.

I probably have the opportunity in the near future to get vaxed in Michigan through my employer but my partner wouldn't be able to so I don't really see a point. If anything I'm worried I would get complacent and less careful and it could end up biting her in the end. Also Michigan has become a hotbed for new cases and outbreaks so just by crossing the border if be taking a risk.

But yeah, Canada's vaccine rollout has been shit and Dougy Ford is announcing a full lockdown of Ontario again.

12. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

I bought an ocarina, because I was drunk and Legend of Zelda, and there's probably a youtube video telling you not to buy one because of how shitty it is.

My singing is probably closer to being in key than that ocarina is.

TedEH likes this.
  13. KnightBrolaire

I want a dingwall ng2 but all the used ones are going for damn near new prices or higher.
    buuuut I also kind of want one of those Mick Mars Guild stars.

14. TheBolivianSniper

TheBolivianSniper SS.org Regular

guy keeps bugging me to give him my c1 for $700 on reverb and I know damn well I'm losing money hard off that, I told him 775 bc I wanna be done selling but damn if people could just get interested????

I love it yeah but I don't like having to throw jt around and not having my finances in perfect order especially since I just signed a lease for a new apartment and had to cover those fees out of nowhere, great opportunity but it makes me a lil sad that my savings isn't huge like it was and making the sale will fix that

15. KnightBrolaire

Went to try a Mille Petrozza V yesterday and not only was it beat to shit (both tips of the horns broken off, with a big chunk of one wing that had been broken off and reglued), the dudes at guitar center never even bothered to set it up. So I went to try the new mirror faced Jackson kelly. Same shit, they didn't even set it up to make it remotely playable in e standard. Tried one of the Holcomb 7 strings and they used a damn bridge cable for the 7 string.

The only saving grace was how much fun I had playing a St. Vincent sig. Those mini humbuckers in the st vincent rip. Well that and the charvel pro mod 24 super tele I tried was sick. The specs on that thing for the pricepoint are excellent. I mean you get fishmans, roasted maple neck/board, luminlays, actual fucking belly and forearm cuts (which every tele should have), a reverse tele headstock, locking tuners, and a jack location on the back of the body (like the Angel Vivaldi sigs).

mlp187 likes this.
  16. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

Had this tasty preset in Neural DSP's Nolly plugin that I've been solely using for days. Apparently I didn't have it saved so it's gone. :(

17. thebeesknees22

lol, i've done this more times than I can count with my helix.

Kaura likes this.
  18. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

Kinda wish Neural plugins had an undo option like Guitar Rig 5 has for this kind of situations.

19. MFB

MFB Banned

Forgot to put the label on my mailbox, so now I might have to wait until tomorrow to get my Zombie XL since they said they can't deliver without one :(

20. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

So I got the new Emily is Away game today. I mean, I met my wife at a party and then we hit it off on Myspace. Obviously it's nostalgic for me.

We went out for lunch, and they were playing all the hits from back in the day, and then there was a part in the game about Fall Out Boy, and I felt like listing to some of the new Fall Out Boy stuff....that came out like 4 years before my oldest kid was conceived...back when a monkey had to teach one of the hottest dudes of all time how to kiss some chick we have to keep up with.

Is this what being old feels like?