The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by The Dark Wolf, Apr 17, 2007.

1. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

Two thoughts, equal weight on both in my head:
    1) If he isn't clean, then he's lying. Including to himself.
    2) And there's no good way to say this, so... drugs were his best excuse. If he truly has been clean and fine the last year, then he's got to be the worst dude in the world to work with. Period.

Velokki, squids and cip 123 like this.
  2. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

1) Completely fair. Denial is a seriously powerful thing.

2) I've got to find the source again, but from memory Keene officially entered rehab/detox in December 2017. In this latest interview he mentioned that his drug abuse had been going on 3-4 years. Doing the math on that, from 13/14 to the end of 17 would have been the time that he was using. The line-up that quit earlier this year would have not only gone through him using but also gone through him being in rehab and withdraw. I don't necessarily think it's fair to claim he's the 'worst dude in the world to work with. Period.' as it's been a while since anyone has dealt with him fully functioning. This current line-up would be the first in a while to have not known Keene on the juice.

3. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

I was saying that only if he was clean, which I don't believe to be the case. If he went cold turkey in December of last year, he's far from being in the clear even if he isn't using at all.

Vyn likes this.
  4. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

Ah, apologies man! I misinterpreted that one.

feraledge likes this.
  5. cip 123

cip 123 Vendor

It is a terrible situation to be in, I haven't had time to do the full interview, but keenes perception of "clean" may be different to the rest. Something doesn't add up about both stories of the band leaving if keene was "clean" the rest of those dudes appear to be well mannered guys, heck Justin even just filled in for soreption at short notice, it sounds like even if keene was clean at the time he must have done stuff to the band prior as well.

6. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Necrobump! Sorry, but I felt like this thread is still usable.

Anyway: what's up with The Faceless these days? Judging by their Face(less)book page they're basically playing tour after tour, but who's in the band these days and did Keene ever get his shit sorted?

7. TheDandy

TheDandy SS.org Regular

Appears to be Julian Kersey on vocals, Aaron Stecuauner on drums, and Andrew Virrueta on second guitar. Remarkably stable lineup thus far, although I’m not quite sure who’s just touring and who’s permanent, if anyone. Michael got engaged during Summer Slaughter so hopefully that’s a sign of things looking up for him.

Santuzzo and aesthyrian like this.
  8. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Hope so! It's been a couple of years since their previous album too, so hopefully they'll manage to squeeze something out sometime soon.

Santuzzo and TheDandy like this.
  9. Triple7

Triple7 The Decepticon

I'm looking for the link...but in the meantime, apparently he has two albums worth of material he plans to release.

Santuzzo and TheDandy like this.
  10. teqnick

teqnick The only person that liked the new Faceless album

Talked to Keene a handful of times in the past year at shows, and seems to be in great spirits. He's been a bit more energetic at shows, and less of thr frustration we've seen for a while. I've always been a big fan, so this is great news moving forward.

The current lineup looks solid, and I hope there's some permanence. We're going on a little over a year in this current iteration. The Interloper guys bring an awesome dynamic to the band's live show.

Santuzzo and aesthyrian like this.
  11. TheDandy

TheDandy SS.org Regular

Recent video posted on Instagram from summer slaughter, Keene looks a bit healthier and judging from the very short clip posted, he’s improving his performance.

12. JimF

JimF Contributor

Still no bass player?... Maybe time to give Evan a call...
    Just a shame that when folks leave they have a bad taste in their mouth.

13. akinari

akinari SS.org Regular

Keene would hate me for posting this video, but here's their last show with their original singer and drummer. Jeff also sang in Black Sheep Wall.