The Eddie Van Halen Megathread: All things EVH (RIP)

Bdtunn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My heart.....
RIP and thanks for all the riffs and inspiration

BenjaminW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Opened my Instagram and Mike Portnoy's post about his death was the first thing I saw.

I don't wanna sound like I'm Nostradamus or anything, but I was watching some old videos of EVH last night and the thought of his death crossed my mind, and now here we are.

RIP to probably the third most influential guitarist on me behind Randy Rhoads and John Lennon.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I cued up Van Halen's self-titled after reading it in the other thread; I'm by no stretch of the imagination a fan, I like the songs I've heard, but this is a bummer for the legacy of rock and guitar

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Fucking. Legend.

RIP man, thanks for ALL the riffs/inspiration.

Damn. 2020 sucks worse than any other year yet. Satan himself could jump up out of the ground laughing at the state of the world, say he caused all of it and I wouldn’t be surprised in the least rn.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
What the ever fuck 2020.

Anyone who has seen my guitar and amp collection knows what he meant to me. Up until I moved for work and had to put most of my stuff in storage I had a life size cutout of EVH in my guitar room.

Much like Detroit fans hoping Barry Sanders would unretire I always hoped for another EVH album with Michael Anthony.

broj15

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn. Jammed Panama on my work to work this morning (fav song he ever had a hand in writing) and had no idea. One of the most influential guitarists ever. Inspired multiple generations of guitarists and one of the last true "guitar heros".
RIP.

I hope they send him off like they did Lemmy:

jco5055

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Honestly, I've never been one to cry when celebrities/people I'm a fan of die, just because I didn't actually know them I think, but this is the first time for like 10 seconds I thought I was going to cry, I could feel it coming on.

RIP my personal GOAT