The dumbest amp sim in the world.

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by DrakkarTyrannis, Nov 9, 2020.

1. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

ML Sound Lab just released this for free.
    [​IMG]
    That isn't a funny pic for reference. That is literally the amp sim.

Find out about it here

I got it and it's cute. I like it. It wouldn't be my go-to but it is good quality and has some really good features on the free version. The effect pedals and built in IRs are a great touch. This is the stupidest looking thing I've ever seen and for that I love it. I cannot WAIT to track guitars for people and pull this up while they're sitting in the room.

Download it here

BMFan30, mlp187, aesthyrian and 7 others like this.
  2. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I love it! Not everything has to be super serious looking!

aesthyrian likes this.
  3. SSK0909

SSK0909 SS.org Regular

Whoever mods their real recto or slo to look like this. I shall name my child after you and deem you a hero to mankind.

4. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

HOLY SHIT YES

BenjaminW likes this.
  5. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

When you want to tell the story of how you fired your graphic design guy and wanted to see if it mattered :lol:

Veldar, Luchilleus, BabUShka and 5 others like this.
  6. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

I just played with it some more and I got decent tones out of a couple of the stock cab IRs which is rare. I normally find IRs that come with amps to be useless. This amp is SUPER low end heavy. I can roll the bass down to 0, boost the shit out of it, use my usual bass cut on the EQ and still have a decent amount of lows.

The controls are really deep and expressive. A little goes a long way which is welcomed since the Fluff sim in the same brand might as well have knobs just for show since they don't do much. The controls on the Stevie T interact with each other and the amp has its quirks. It feels more like a real amp with it's own personality instead of just a sim that just does whatever it's programmed to do.

I haven't gotten it to sit well in a mix though, so there is that. I'm sure it could be done but it clearly takes more work than my usual setup...but I feel like it'd be a good amp to pair with another amp, or maybe for leads or something. It's not really a "main amp".

Not even lying when I say this is the best GUI ever on an amp sim. I just love looking at this thing and it makes me happy just being on the screen.

Same as the Fluff...no settings for stereo and mono. WHY?! I don't understand why an amp that wants money from you can't do something that free amps come stock with. This makes no sense to me and that makes it unusable to me for recording. Am I somehow just not seeing the option? These amps can't be that short sighted

The Monster With . likes this.
  7. WarMachine

WarMachine SS.org Regular

Please, please just rename the rec to RECTUMFRIER. Please?

devastone, aesthyrian and BenjaminW like this.
  8. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

Am I a dick because I refuse to even consider anything endorsed by Stevie T?

Veldar, Themistocles, Elric and 16 others like this.
  9. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Nope because he's really really annoying and sketchy. But if you remove the product from the douche it might be worthwhile.

10. Emperoff

Emperoff Not using 5150s Contributor

Couldn't imagine a better person to endorse "the dumbest ampsim in the world". :yesway:

The SG King and Edika like this.
  11. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

I didn't know anything about him so I checked out his channel last night....Jesus FUCKING Christ what the fuck is he supposed to be? This is the most spastic, try hard, infantile, unfunny, annoying shit I've ever seen.....and I used to watch PewDiePie vids. This dude is absolutely insufferable. I have literally seen puppet shows with more maturity than whatever the fuck he's doing. Goddamn. I went through 3 fucking videos and never saw him play guitar. He just makes stupid faces and voices and acts like a meth head.

12. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

These are so damn awesome lol. I told myself i wasnt gonna buy any more plugins but i must own these lol.
    I like stevie lol. Hes so silly. Im sick of people taking themselves so seriously, trying to show the world how Fn cool they are. Hes just a total Fn freak and i think thats pretty cool lol

aesthyrian likes this.
  13. Dumple Stilzkin

Dumple Stilzkin Dirt Magurt

Stevie T is annoying. End of story.

14. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Steve T's fanbase is like 13 years old, and is basically like the youtube guitarist equivalent of blowing air through your hands to make a fart noise. It's definitely not a "he has the courage to be himself" kinda moment, it's just acting like an idiot to cater to a juvenile market.

15. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

Yeah..I like goofballs who don't take themselves seriously...like Ola for example. But there's a difference between just being naturally silly..and an unfunny person trying SUPER hard to be funny and resorting to stupid voices and faces. It's like he's trying to get a toddler to stop crying and running out of ideas.

Razerjack, Matt08642, Edika and 4 others like this.
  16. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

I will say, the guy has genuine skills at playing guitar and songwriting.

Years ago, he still had his goofy gimmick, but nowhere as bad as nowadays.

Unfortunately, that’s what YouTube rewards. Frequent uploads are required, so you get more low-effort videos like reaction videos, FAQ Friday etc.

17. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

I couldn’t help it. Had to look this dude up. First of all, fuck you guys for making me do that.

Holy hell he’s annoying and has well over 2M subs?! Unreal.

Now to be fair even though I couldn’t stand to watch more than a few minutes of that ridiculousness, I did laugh a few times.

But...no.

18. Dumple Stilzkin

Dumple Stilzkin Dirt Magurt

Stevie T gave me ADD.

19. laxu

laxu SS.org Regular

The dude can play from what I have seen but yeah..his YT personality is insufferable. Exactly the same thing that makes PewdiePie etc appeal to kids.

[​IMG]

Deadpool_25, Emperoff and XPT707FX like this.
  20. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

It's also really weird that he hasn't made a video for his own amp sim suite. Instead of the stupid shit he's doing he should be doing something more useful like promoting that...although to be fair I feel like most of his audience doesn't even play guitar and a video from him on the suite would be unwatchable. It's a shame his stuff is much better than Fluff's

Emperoff likes this.