The douche heard around the world! "Warning ,you may get a little angry"

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by fretninjadave, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fretninjadave

fretninjadave Seven String Samurai

2. bannyd

bannyd SS.org Regular

all i'm seeing there is you getting trolled hxc

ustillmadbro?

3. fretninjadave

I wish I could believe you but I've known this dude for years and I know for a fact this is what he believes. trolling or not he needed to be put in his place .

4. skisgaar

skisgaar Master-debatur

He just doesn't like it. He's allowed to have an opinion. Whether that opinion is in the interest of anyone who wants a 9 string is irrelevant.

5. Polythoral

Polythoral Hipster Mustaine

9 strings kinda really is unnecessary overkill, lolol.

Unless you're going to use it for 2 handed touchstyle playing, but there's a plethora of instruments designed just for that these days already anyways, sooo.

6. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Return of the Dread-I

Meh...

Fuck that guy... Nothing is overkill if you have a purpose. :shrug:

He clearly doesn't want to change his opinion of it, so why bother? It won't stop you from doing what you do, will it? I hope not. I had a guy tell me "I just don't even get why you'd need 8 strings."

I proceded to play and he told me he thought it sounded great. So what difference did it make that I had more strings? The fact that it was something he hadn't yet wrapped his head around. I'm not sure that's my or anyone else's problem but those who have a problem with it... :2c:

7. fretninjadave

I agree. but you don't have to impose on everyone with trolling comments and then act like a child when called out.

8. bannyd

bannyd SS.org Regular

he's a good troll

9. fretninjadave

Konfyouzd How have u been dude Long time no see!

10. Konfyouzd

I'd say he's about on par with all the others I see. I never really feel like any of them are any better than the others unless they do something that's actually clever. Even then they seem to show more that they're a douche than that they're clever. There are far more productive ways to demonstrate one's wit... :2c:

@Dave - Chillin' hard, man... Tryina stay out of trouble :lol:

EDIT: I was talking about trolls in this post, btw. I realized how ambiguous that must have sounded after the aptly named fretNINJAdave :ninja:'d me...

11. fretninjadave

Its kinda funny because he does resemble a bridge troll and he's always been a negative creep ever since i met him

12. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

I agree with him. I think 9 strings are completely pointless and even though, theoretically, they open up more options for somebody to use that is pretty much the furthest thing from a guarantee they'll make anything any more awesome than what you could play on an 8, 7, 6, 5, or 4 stringed instrument

if you really think having more strings is a key part of making better music then I think you have a really shitty mindset about songwriting & music in general

13. fretninjadave

@Konfyouzd
    Aren't we all hahaha its good to hear from you !
    :hbang:

14. InfinityCollision

InfinityCollision SS.org Regular

It's not about making better music, it's about making the music you want to hear. There are things you can do with more strings that you can't do, whether as easily or at all, with less, and that's really all there is (or should be, at least) to it. Whether or not any given musician uses that instrument to a certain extent of its potential should not reflect on the instrument itself.

If I find that I don't need x strings that doesn't mean that x strings are pointless, it just means the music in my head doesn't require that particular number of strings.

15. Konfyouzd

Not to rock the boat or anything, but I honestly do not believe this is the assertion that was made. It's simply that having that string there opens the possiblity of doing something that is not possible on a guitar with a different number of strings.

Whether or not anyone realizes some new potential for the instrument is really of no consequence here. You either want to try or you don't. :2c:

Suppose you wanted to do something similar to Vai's triple neck where you have an open chord on a subset of your strings and another tuning on another so you can hold chords and/or use a partial capo to do something similar while you noodle? Does it still sound pointless? I don't own one, I've never tried one, but that does sound like a cool option if you're into that sort of playing. It doesn't have to be limited to tapping bc it has lots of strings and a wide 2 octave neck. :2c:

That or Tony McAlpine decided to flush all the skills he's been known for all these years down the drain and just djent the rest of his life away.

16. fretninjadave

Thats not what im saying ... im trying to say music is music even if its on 100 strings . what difference does does the number of strings make ?

17. Opion

Opion Sir Mattafer

Meh, fuck that guy. That's kinda like making fun of kids on scooters in skateparks...yeah, sure, it's not meant for that kind of stuff, and kinda looks really kooky, but why would you waste your time trying to denegrate the meaning that they put into it? For all you know they could be having an absolute blast.

Opinions aside, play what you want, even if it has 8, 9 , 11 strings. Hell, 12 strings have been popular for way longer than 8 strings have, and nobody gives them shit. ;) :lol:

18. Konfyouzd

Honestly, these types of comments remind me of racism applied to musical instruments. If we were all blind a lot of ppl might not even know the difference, but they see it and hate it bc they don't understand it.

19. Polythoral

Polythoral Hipster Mustaine

This is the only guy I'd trust to make music with 100 strings.

also, just cause:

20. fretninjadave

I Thought this was the extended range guitar forum To go to. but all of the sudden 9 strings is just too many :scratch:hahahaha no offense guys i just think its funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.