The Dear Hunter-Act IV

bhakan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Dear Hunter

Holy .... that song :holy::holy::bowdown:

I've been a little disappointed by The Dear Hunter's post-Act III albums, but this song goes right back to the sounds I loved. It's got some fantastic callbacks to previous themes and it returns to the long, expansive prog songwriting I want to hear from them. I'm now glad that Casey got his short, relatable songs out of the way on Migrant so that this album can be the epic it should be.

bhakan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was just watching some of their Audiotree performance videos before I stumbled upon this.
In case you're not familiar with them, the stuff in their audiotree session is from their most recent albums which are a lot more straightforward. The Acts (Act I, II, III, and it seems IV will follow suit) are much more progressive and are all concept albums in the same story. Absolute must listens if you haven't already.

PlumbTheDerps

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I sorta fell off the wagon with these guys after Act II for some reason; material just didn't click. But I adored the first two records and I'm definitely looking forward to this.

DXL

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Never even knew about these guys. Damn they're good, just listened to all of Act 1 and some of Act 2.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I've really only listened to Migrant. I do have their other stuff though. Where should I start? Just with Act I?

bhakan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've really only listened to Migrant. I do have their other stuff though. Where should I start? Just with Act I?
Act II is my personal favorite, but Act I is a close second. If you want to listen for the story, start with Act I, but I feel musically Act II may be a better starting place.

Enselmis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Act III was also great, I dunno why it isn't getting any love. Also, the Black EP from Colors was super awesome.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
This band has never disappointed me! I cant wait for this album.

Their singer has been one of my favorite singers for years. His voice is so good.

fogcutter

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Glad to see the TDH love here ... I've enjoyed every album since the beginning. Great concept, great songs, great delivery. Really looking forward to digging this one.

Richie666

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Incredible! I love this band so much. Migrant is great and all but it falls flat compared to everything else they've done. It's great to know that he's continuing the story especially after witnessing Acts II and III live a few months ago.

Colbear

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Finally :cool: The song is great. Digging the production, tones, arrangements--it all sounds like it will fit right into the sequence of albums, whereas the other albums did not really have that sound (not that they were supposed to!).

Loving the callbacks. Very, very excited for this.

beneharris

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Act II is my personal favorite, but Act I is a close second. If you want to listen for the story, start with Act I, but I feel musically Act II may be a better starting place.

I agree. Act II is miles better musically. But Act I is really excellent, too. Just get them both and listen. Act III was kinda good, but no where near the same caliber.