The Crabwalk Returnith!!! (HxCore lameness content)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ire_works, Jun 8, 2009.

1. ccc187307

ccc187307 ss.org Irregular

C'mon guys, that's a good laugh. We need stuff like that for entertainment.

They rocked that cottage Menudo death-c0re style!

2. Stitch

Stitch Banned

Do you want to put some sort of lament about how you've started smoking and are going to kill yourself and you aren't eating because your mum won't let you have a sex party in your house?

That music was ghastly. The synchronised guitar moves and the ridiculously dull music. They remind me an awful lot of Alesana, another awful southern-emo-core band. It's all obviously a "how-do-we-get-famous-fast" effort, by combinging the short lived fashion for beatdowns/autotuned vocals/allwearing the same clothes because no one understands you/epic gear/being a prat.

This isn't the first or last band to start it, although I'm sure amongst all the swarf like this someone will come along and do it properly and I myay well like that.

I sure hope they do, otherwise at 20 I'm officially 'old' and am no longer 'down with the kids'.

:s

3. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

Attack! Attack! make me ashamed to be Welsh :rant:

why is it that the majority of bands that come out of Wales are turd? Bullet For My Valentine, Lostprophets, The Blackout...

oh wait right, because Wales is such a shit hole they don't care how they get out, even if it means making trendy music that will get lapped up by teenagers.

that bass tapping vid contains so much win it should come with a warning.

4. Thin_Ice_77

Thin_Ice_77 You'll never make it

No. I just don't think it's cool that people can't even respect other genres. They wear tight jeans, they have long fringes, they like drop C. Get over it.

If you don't like the music, fine. If you don't like the way they dress or their stage moves, that's cool too. I just don't think there's any need to make threads (and yes, there's been more than one) stating that this kind of music is shit, because it's needless.

I don't like progressive stuff. I think the majority of it sounds the same and I'm completely and utterly bored of it. However, I don't make threads dedicated to how much it sucks. Partly because I'd get ripped apart but mostly because I know a lot of members here like listening to it and making it and I respect their tastes. It'd just be nice if other people did the same.

5. Mattayus

Mattayus Sir Groove-A-Lot Contributor

That said, I think you may have missed the point of the thread. They're not saying "OMG anything that's remotely like this suckzors!", it's just laughing at the ridiculous antics that are coming off as cool these days. It's got fuck all to do with the tuning :scratch: Ironically, Periphery uses drop C. People on this forum don't just like tuned-down-to-Z stuff all the time you know. It's not a trend, it's a tool. Unlike this tripe.

6. Stitch

Stitch Banned

Oh get the sand out your vagina man. If you honestyl can't step back and find something hilarious about that video then fine man, whatever, but I'm sure if your honest the points we're making are valid.

The music isn't for me, I'll be honest, but beyond that the idea of six guys all wearing exactly the same clothes, with exactly the same haircuts and wearing their guitars exactly the same while moshing out to some Cher-core isn't even slightly funny to you then why are you even here? We do exactly the same to awful "looking sinister in a warehouse' death metal videos and 'looking grimm in a forest' black metal videos. It's not singling out one genre, it's highlighting a bit of light humour.

If you can find something in a progressive metal video that you think is mockable and funny then please post up - I'll be the first to laugh if it's funny.

7. Stitch

Stitch Banned

We were obviously typing the same thing at the same time, but yours actually got to the point where mine just wittered aimlessly. :lol:

8. Thin_Ice_77

I'm sure that's how the thread was intended. However, like the thread about deathcore singers wearing white tees, it's evolved into 'this music sucks'. The reason I'm here attempting to defend it now if because of the advice you gave me, but it's getting increasingly harder to actually get my point of view across with getting a load of shit from people who seem to be extremely narrow-minded.

I just use the prog stuff as an example because it's what everyone here seems to like. I could say Opeth, Meshuggah, it doesn't really matter. The point I'm trying to make is that yeah, the crabwalking was funny, but it doesn't need to become "lol yh hxc sux" yet again. We get you don't like it, sing a new song.

Yeah, it was amusing, I'll admit that. But as I said, I think this thread has evolved (and if not yet, it will) into deathcore/hardcore/whatever you want to call it bashing again. You've been here way longer than me, you know how this kind of stuff goes down. I just think it's getting a little old, that's all.

And if it's all the same to you, I'd rather you reply to me without having to insult me everytime you do. It makes me less inclined to actually listen to what you say. If you don't like, fine, but it isn't really necessary.

9. Scar Symmetry

you mentioned this in another thread.

to be honest mate, you're not going to get much respect for Bring Me The Horizon or any other band in the same scene in this forum.

you can say we're all narrow-minded if you like, but really you can't ask for us not to take the piss out of stuff we find ridiculous, and there are a lot of people here who do find it ridiculous :shrug:

you chimed in on the A7X thread because you think they're ridiculous did you not?

on this forum, Opeth and Meshuggah are generally worshipped, and BMTH are generally deplored. you can't ask for the forum to change that view or indeed step lightly around one subject because one person gets offended by it. better to not say anything maybe?

10. Thin_Ice_77

^^ To be fair, I joined in on the A7X thread because I think they're cunts :lol:

I can see where you're coming from though. It isn't gonna change anytime soon but you can see why it winds me up right? I mean, one of my bands is metalcore/hardcore so in a way, I'm kind of taking it as a personal insult when people say that stuff like this is crap...

Might be best to stay away from the Music discussion bits and stick to gear.

11. Scar Symmetry

^ good idea man :yesway:

and seriously, it's not a personal attack on you in any way.

hey, Opeth and Meshuggah are my two favourite bands, but do I like a few deathcore and metalcore bands? sure I do.

12. Variant

Variant Banned

No, I was shitting on them before I saw the video. :lol: Frankly, I'm shocked that they could create a video as ass-twitchingly bad as the song itself. :ugh:

:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

Precisely. I mean, seriously, you're going to get the same response over on the Sneep forums, metalguiarist, etc. Like this poo if you want, but it's going to get torn apart in these circles.

13. Misanthropy

Misanthropy Kebab Enthusiast

wow i laughed like a little girl when i saw that crab walk...urghh horrible auto tuned crap.

14. ire_works

ire_works Djent ,Djent ,Djent

SOMEONE NEED TO FIND THE ORIGINAL TALENT FARM VIDEO WITH THE CRABWALK

i'm too lazy to find it.

15. WhitechapelCS

WhitechapelCS Alpha Incipient

this isnt hardcore
    Lolz at whoever thinks so.

16. Nick

Nick SS.org Regular

:lol::lol::lol:

17. CrushingAnvil

CrushingAnvil Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land

Lolz at whatever you think is hardcore, Mr.Genre-Master :ugh:

18. Scar Symmetry

hey, play nice!

he's right though, it's not hardcore.

19. CrushingAnvil

CrushingAnvil Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land

Seconded.

Atleast my sister knows both bands are hilariously awful while she cranks Maroon 5 on her Ipod :agreed:

Yeah, he is, this may be the internet, but I can hear that high-horse tone a mile away :lol:

20. Scar Symmetry

yeah it was a bit smug, but we'll let Clark off cause he's cool :yesway: