The Carvin / Kiesel thread

danbox

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That natural neck through Aries- I have an Ibanez that looks just like it, and $1k cheaper!

but I’d totally buy this one if it had a reversed headstock haha

mbardu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That natural neck through Aries- I have an Ibanez that looks just like it, and $1k cheaper!

And I used to own a TA Angel that looked a bit like an Ibanez GIO from afar if you squinted your eyes a good bunch...yet you could literally have bought 20 GIOs with the price of one Anderson!

Can you imagine!? Why do people even buy Anderon or Kiesel when you could get 10 or 20 GIOs for the same price amirite :)

Last edited:

mbardu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wonder if they have to wait for the bass builder to be complete before they can add GIS basses. They have a new method that's supposed to speed up the process of adding instruments, and I have to assume it's because they can just click through the builder...but that's just speculation on my part..

Two other things I'm really digging:
1) that natural neck-through Aries
2) Every instrument is less than what they say their "average" sale is, and 70% of them are under $2k.

As for your 2)...there's some bias to the type of builds in there.
At the end of the day, a lot of that is basic builds on basic models...for 1700$.
Tough pill to swallow IMO.

Now, we're not in a vacuum so other brands are arguably worse... But still.

Dumple Stilzkin

I like the girls with the pumps and a bump.
Reaction score
Here's mine with offset (not staggered) dots:

The effect is exaggerated by the strip of sapwood though, camouflageing the abalone:
UTQ4hCX.jpeg

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The story behind the "swirl" Osiris in the in-stock: A buddy of Jeff's was doing some swirl paint jobs on skateboards, and offered to do a body. It's not a "dipped" swirl paint job, but he wasn't sure that the process actually was...he just knew it wasn't a dip. They got the body back, liked it, clear-finished it, and put it up for sale. No plans to offer swirl finishes, though.

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rock it for a good price (still to rich for my blood), and yeah, it wouldn't take much to restore it...and depending on what caused it, I could imagine just wanting it out of my life and out of my mind.

"And please kindly stop asking how did the scratches happen I greatly appreciate it"

And...I can "get" nearly the whole aesthetic...I'd even let the green inlays on pale moon slide...but...the gold-on-green logo is just...
giphy.gif

_MonSTeR_

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Took a look at the guitar on Reverb to see just how bad it was... yeah ok. I’m not going to be able to unsee that.

KnightBrolaire

meet me in the pit
Reaction score
that osiris is the ugliest kiesel I've seen since the atomic watermelon one

DoctorStoner

θάλλ
Reaction score
I like that color combo. For me its all flash or all natural, no point for any middle ground.
Also, it was down to $1600 or $1699 the other day and I'm sure he's ready to get rid of it.

BigViolin

JEFF LOOMIS SOLOIST!
Reaction score
Wonder if they will add some of the simple off menu stuff like "tone knob delete" to the builder. I can't be arsed to make an actual phone call over something like that. :lol:

Jeffrey Bain

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wonder if they will add some of the simple off menu stuff like "tone knob delete" to the builder. I can't be arsed to make an actual phone call over something like that. :lol:
I was thinking the same thing. I actually have been thinking about the Leia because of the lack of extreme bevels, while still being headless (Holdsworth a little too soft for me, if it's even still available).

BUT I want it to have the control layout that this one has:
Luna-v1.jpg

I imagine if they've done it once, they got it queued up in the CNC. Hoping they add something like this to the builder so I can really get a good feel for what it'll look like

RadoncROCKs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like that color combo. For me its all flash or all natural, no point for any middle ground.
Also, it was down to $1600 or $1699 the other day and I'm sure he's ready to get rid of it.

I sent that guitar posting into Ridiculous Reverb Listings Youtube show when it was $2400. Didn't make it...