The Carvin / Kiesel thread

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by soliloquy, May 22, 2011.

1. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

I was going to since this is replacing my Jericho Elite 7 (satin white) but I actually ended up going with chrome and abalone for a more icy kind of look. I didn't want to have to get gold-poled pickups and all that annoying stuff. Black on white is too stark so I definitely didn't go for that.

2. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

Like a bunch of guys here it seems. Just ordered a V7 with all black friday options and their special on tops.
    Saved about 1,000 $ total which was the difference for me between being still able to afford Kiesel or not.

Their prices definitely have increased a bit faster than inflation...

Very much looking forward though. Flamed green moss top, trem with piezo, and roasted maple neck.

LeviathanKiller and cardinal like this.
  3. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

Can anyone confirm what strings Kiesel ships on their guitars? I read Elixirs, but not sure which type. Asking for a friend.

4. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Nanoweb. They used to use Dulops for the 7th and 8th strings, but they all be elixirs now that they offer 7 and 8 string sets. Here's a post from a Kiesel employee.

Attached Files:

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  5. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

Thanks @spudmunkey

spudmunkey likes this.
  6. NoodleFace

NoodleFace Delicious Noodles

Kind of bummed. Had a headstock tuner on and went to pull it off but my grip slipped. It ended up ripping a chip out of the headstock. Only like a 1x1cm square, but it pissed me off.

7. spudmunkey

Did you save the chip?

8. TheUnknownOne

TheUnknownOne SS.org Regular

Does anyone know how much it costs to get a kiesel shipped to EU ? I'm craving an Aries evertune right now

9. spudmunkey

Their international shipping itself is double the standard US shipping. So I believe a guitar would be $62.

Then, it's whatever your applicable taxes/fees would be from your local/eu governments. From what i understand, the value reported is the value of the base model (not with all of the upgrades like the Evertune)...but don't quote me on that.

10. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

Ce qui en France fait environ ... 24% de memoire et contrairement a ce que dit Spud, c'est bien la valeur complete de la guitare qui sert de base pour le calcul, donc c'est loin d'etre negligeable au final!

TheUnknownOne likes this.
  11. laxu

laxu SS.org Regular

Depends on the country. All the way to Finland it was I think $116 back in 2015. On top of that you will pay whatever customs taxes and VAT your country has.

12. NoodleFace

NoodleFace Delicious Noodles

I can't find it!

13. spudmunkey

They just announced a multiscale Vader bass. This is their headless neck through model.

5 and 6 string only, 33.5 to 35". Right handed only.

If you can catch them before the end of the day, and you can call in an order, I believe they said you could pick a 3 or 5 piece neck upgrade at no charge.

14. TheUnknownOne

TheUnknownOne SS.org Regular

Ah en effet, cela monte donc très vite a plus ou moins 2600€ TTC avec des options donc !

15. Chanson

Chanson SS.org Regular

Guess they changed their minds

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  16. spudmunkey

That was 13 whole days ago.

They rarely say "yes" unless it's already something they've already had available in the past, and san say, "Call the guys" or, "We used to, but it was discontinued." They don't like to tease anything until it's ready to be teased.

honestly, I think it goes back to their first multiscale bass. They were teasing that they were starting to design a multiscale bass. They said it was going to be based on the Icon. They even teased a photo, of a not-yet shaped, but clearly neck-through, multiscale bass. I think this was even before they finalized the hardware.

Months passed, and radio silence.

Until the vanquish was released.

I have a feeling they got a lot of "feedback" about the missing Icon multiscale, because from that very time, they pretty much stopped telling anyone about things so early.

This was from way back before the vanquish multiscale, their first multiscale bass, ever existed: Icon multiscale.jpg

It's also possible that their social media guy wasn't aware of it yet.

17. Chanson

Chanson SS.org Regular

I'm just joking and giving them a hard time. No big deal

18. spudmunkey

Ask again, and send them your screenshot with a winky-face. Who knows, they might message back with a coupon or something. ha!

19. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

Pas grand chose à faire contre la tva malheureusement. Après ça peut sembler injuste mais même ici en Californie, on paie presque 10% de "sales tax" donc ce n'est pas SI différent que ça.

Le mieux avec Kiesel c'est souvent d'attendre des promotions. Ils en ont régulièrement (~tous les 2/3 mois) et tu peux vraiment économiser si ça correspond à tes options. Par exemple avec leurs offres Black Friday, sur ma dernière commande je paie environ 1000$ de moins que le prix "catalogue".

TheUnknownOne likes this.
  20. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

I just bought a Delos 7 SSH trem in matte pink with a roasted neck and FB. I paid $1150 on the verb, which is not too different from what a new one costs, but I've wanted one of these >6 string strats for a while. (I'd love one of Tom Drinkwater's SSS 8 strings from a few years ago, but they absolutely never show up FS). I'm curious to try the trem on this! I'm worried I won't like it as much as I like a Floyd, but it IS floating, so....