The Carvin / Kiesel thread

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by soliloquy, May 22, 2011.

1. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

-$2000

2. r3tr0sp3ct1v3

r3tr0sp3ct1v3 Grey

Yeahhhh I don't like diarrhea burl. Plus Kiesel charges 600 for a buckeye >.>

Ascension likes this.
  3. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

According to Jeff, Electric City pickups is having to/had to close due to the owner's health. They have transfered over the designs and rights for the Johnny Hiland over to Kiesel, who will continue to produce them. This will also mean that you'll be able to get them on other models, as well.

Apparently before that happened, Mark Kiesel had already been working on some single coils pickups that should be ready fairly soon. No real ideal of what they are supposed to be like, except I *think* they are also individual magnets instead of bars+poles, like the Hiland sig pickups.

4. BigViolin

BigViolin breakfast foods

Did the lithium singles go away? What singles are actually available now other than the AP and S?

5. Ascension

Ascension SS.org Regular

Have had a love hate relationship with Carvin Kiesel as a company for many years but love the guitars. There are 2 mods on the Kiesel /Carvin forum still over issues that happened almost 20 years ago would still like to find in a dark ally and rearrange there face!
    That said keep coming back to the guitars as they play great sound great and work every night without drama on the road every time.
    Own 5 love them all play them on stage more than my other 10 guitars put together.
    17 Keisel DC 135 1.jpg 93 KOA DC 127.jpg 2003 DC 400.jpg Candy red ST 300.jpg PINKY!.jpg

Hollowway and Burtallica like this.
  6. MatiasTolkki

MatiasTolkki Burn In Agony

that pink x220... YUMMMMM

Hollowway likes this.
  7. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

It depends on the string count, but theres the:
    AP11 (on it's way out, 6 string only)

AP13 (on its eay out if not already gone, 7 string only)

S60 (6 string only)

Beryllium (I dont remember if this is 7 and 8 string, but I believe so. On the 6 string models, they are covered like the s60 except on models with a pickguard, wbere they then have exposed pole pieces. I dont know if that is also the case with the 7 string. And they dont have any pickguard 8 string models anyway).

Lithium 6, 7 and 8 string.

TBH60 (single coil sized humbuckers, only 6 string...they dont actually make this one in-house)

Johnny Hiland which will have individual magnetic pole pieces, instead of bar magnets (if I understand correctly). Not sure if they are just for 6.

Mark Kiesel's new ones, whenever those are ready, which were originally in the direction of Johnny's before they got the rights...I imagine they are a bit different. Not sure what string counts they will be in.

BigViolin likes this.