The Car Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bulb, Sep 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. wheresthefbomb

wheresthefbomb SS.org Regular

Got tired of messing with my old 95 Rodeo. Put it on Craigslist yesterday, it's gone today. See you later, you piece of shit car!

Xaios, Mathemagician and Randy like this.
  2. LiveOVErdrive

LiveOVErdrive CNC hack

So I have a genesis coupe that I've had for almost a decade and I love it. Rwd, manual transmission, v6. I don't drive very hard but it's fun to have a sports car.

Anyway, it's in the shop for a little bodywork right now and I've been driving my wife's ten year old Honda fit and... It's kind of more fun to drive than my genesis. Auto transmission, higher up, fwd, smaller motor, shorter wheelbase. It just feels... More nimble or something. Tooling around town just doing normal driving just feels good.

Am I crazy?

3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Small cars, hatches and compacts, can be fun as Hell, especially if you're used to something big and heavy.

LiveOVErdrive likes this.
  4. LiveOVErdrive

LiveOVErdrive CNC hack

That must be it.

5. ElysianGuitars

ElysianGuitars SS.org Regular

S3 out. 2019 Mazda Miata RF Grand Touring in.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Absolutely loved the S3, and I'll miss the extra 100hp and cargo space, but this car is absolutely fantastic. It's the 2019 model so it has the 188hp 2.0l SkyActv engine, 6 speed manual, and only 7k miles on it. My S3 had 45k. With how weird the market is right now I have been thinking about moving the S3, as it will never be worth more than it's worth now, and found this car on Autotrader, checked it out and made the swap.

6. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Have I already posted about the Ford Maverick? Small truck starting around just under $22k, and between 33-40mpg on the hybrid.

Maaaaaaaaaan, it’s looking mighty attractive right now.

StevenC and ElysianGuitars like this.
  7. MaxOfMetal

The wife's been playing around with the builder all day. I have a feeling we're getting one of these. :lol:

I'm into it.

8. MFB

MFB Banned

Same here :lol:

I posted earlier in this thread about my growing up on a Ford Ranger, and I'm roughly at the age where my dad got his, so there's something quite apt about the timing of it's release. I give my car another three years or so considering it's fully paid off, and that'll let them work out any issues that may come up, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up in one.

Mathemagician and ElysianGuitars like this.
  9. ElysianGuitars

ElysianGuitars SS.org Regular

My wife wants one, so will probably be her next vehicle.

Mathemagician likes this.
  10. Mathemagician

Ive been in “Well my Hyundai keeps chugging along so when it dies I’ll replace it” mode for like 4 years now. It’s just keeps going and is almost old enough to get its own learners permit. This is high praise, btw.

So this is taking up the sweet spot between wanting another Hyundai (Santa Cruz mileage is piss poor relatively) and the Tacoma’s I’ve been looking at. I live in the city and just want something to haul stuff to the beach/outdoors trips/burger drive through a to get impossible burgers.

I’m never going to haul more than like some borrowed jet skis. So the universe is basically saying “Pay extra for Hot pepper red. and a sunroof/moonroof option. It’s an investment.”

11. MaxOfMetal

It's not just the universe, I'm saying "do it".

We're leaning towards either white to match her current car or black to be a "baby version" (her words) of my truck. We're boring. Let me be fun and bright and red through you. :lol:

Though we're definitely going AWD, which is still coming in pretty fair under $26k.

Even with a lower margin, these things are going to make Ford a mint.

Ordacleaphobia and Mathemagician like this.
  12. MFB

MFB Banned

Hot Pepper is the same color I'm planning to go for. If they still did that Mandarin Orange color, or whatever it was, I'd be eyeing that one too.

13. Mathemagician

Smol Truck Gang Rise Up!

I’m here from “Never paying $60k for trucks or any transport” gang.

Ive had a white econo-hatch for longer than I’ve been in my career. It’s time for my love of attention to shine through. I’m def waiting to see what the AWD mileage is at, because if it drops it too much toward the usual 24/26 mpg range then I’m out on that. I am fucking CHEAP on how much I hate paying for gas/using gas/etc.

This and maybe an all-electric (actual) mustang are the only way US manufacturers can get my attention. I WANT to give them my money.

But I’m not buying the overpriced shit they’ve been selling for the last 20 years.

Bro that bronco cyber orange is straight fuego. I’d like the shiny blue option more if it was a hair darker. Also curious what shade of black/grey/purple(?) that UFO is IRL.

14. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal

I looked into the Maverick, but I just need something with four/all-wheel-drive around here, and they only offer that on the most expensive trim option, at least in Canada.

15. MaxOfMetal

I'm hopeful about the mileage, especially considering I can get between 19 and 21 in 4WD on my F150 (when not loaded, highway).

If this can do at least that, it'll be hard to fault it.

But we'll see.

Must be a regional thing, all you need for AWD in the US builder is the Ecoboost engine option.

We're looking at an XL trim.

16. MFB

MFB Banned

Cyber Orange my ass, that shit is GOLD.

If I could get them to make it in this exact color, as this was THE model/color that my old man had when he passed, then holy shit would it be a rad combo of his first truck he had with us and the one he ended on.

[​IMG]

17. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Right now my current obsession is the Kia Telluride Nightfall Edition in Wolf Gray.

[​IMG]

Mathemagician and StevenC like this.
  18. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

More like copper IMO.

19. Mathemagician

It’s SHINY. I think we’re all forgetting that most important of facts. SHI-NY.

20. dr_game0ver

dr_game0ver SS.org Regular

We get it. But what are his IV and EV? What nature is it? What gender? Can it learn surf?