The Car Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bulb, Sep 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ftr

ftr SS.org Regular

I got it for 6200. The car is extremely clean. I brought my friend who is a mechanic to look at it and test it out before I got it. I can start to feel loss of pickup and response, so I think the catalytic converter is started to fail because of the mass oil consumption. I am not too apprehensive of rebuilding the engine, swapping it out. I have been waiting a while to find a Prelude this clean. I think I feel better going with a rebuild, and replacing the catalytic converter and anything else that might have been negatively affected from all the oil consumption.

2. Hachetjoel

Hachetjoel Ibanez whore Contributor

I finally got something worth posting about!

Attached Files:

3. dr_game0ver

dr_game0ver SS.org Regular

what's that? looks like a S14 with the front of a CRX del-sol

4. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

SC300 on what looks like Enkei PF01s? Great looking car :yesway:. I wanted one of those a for a while-essentially a cheaper and better looking version of the N/A Supra. Did you manage to find a manual one?

5. Hachetjoel

no sadly I did not, in 2000 it only came in autotragic, but i'll be converting it to manual at some point in the future. but funny you should mention it being na..

Attached Files:

6. Randy

Randy Full on Friendship!™ Super Moderator

Relevant specs at once!

7. Hachetjoel

2000 lexus sc300
    2jz na-t w/vvt-i
    garrett 3582 turbocharger.
    bbs ch-r rims.
    just running the stock automatic for now, and running 8lbs of boost for now.
    mechanic says he thinks its about 350 at the wheels but I havent dyno'd and tuned it yet but thats pretty consistent with what you get out of a 2jz at that amount of boost.

8. wannabguitarist

9. TheStig1214

TheStig1214 Mr. Tophat Jones

Forgot to post an update here. Got my car back. Mechanic bolted my old head to the new block, so I got to keep my ECU. Then I got a check engine like for a Camshaft position sensor error, and the mechanic that swapped my motor couldn't diagnose two bad VANOS solenoids. So instead of paying them $400 for the stupid parts I paid BMW $1500 to diagnose and fix the issue. All in all I would up $10k int he hole, but I was luckily able to get my car back the day before a 350 mile road trip up to Vermont for the Stowe British Invasion. I love this car to death.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. squids

squids .

ok dudes, not sure how many of you are truck guys, but i have a 92 toyota 4runner. 100k miles, super clean, my grandpa gave it to me after hardly ever driving it for 20 years. but the wheels on it are pretty ugly, im not very happy with them. i really like the black beadlock wheels a lot of guys have on their trucks, the ones with lots of holes, but im having a hard time finding any. my other option is to buy the new TRD PRO wheels on overstock, but theyre pretty expensive. does anyone have any good recommendations?

11. BigBaldIan

BigBaldIan Bald and gribbly.

[​IMG]

Bob is still awesome, alloys now redone to a dark stealthy anthracite.:hbang:

12. ATOMICxTomato

ATOMICxTomato SS.org Regular

Any SSO'ers into lowered trucks :cool:? My baby, 1989 Silverado. Been in the family its whole life pretty much.[​IMG]

13. ATOMICxTomato

ATOMICxTomato SS.org Regular

That looks sleek. Very nice.

14. ftr

ftr SS.org Regular

So, today my car turned up at least 5 times when I was driving. It's like I turned off the ignition while driving. It will just turn off and then turn back on by itself while I am cruising down the road. So far I have troubleshooted by adding a shim to the negative terminal to increase conduction, and it still did the same thing. I did not add one to the positive one though. Ignition switch?

15. wannabguitarist

Had some fun at Thunderhill over the Holiday at Blacktrax's 9th annual test and tune. Here's a short clip from one of my better sessions:

I really wish I had the money to make this a monthly thing. Flying through the gorgeous, hilly scenery to sound of other engines was such a blast.

Tape numbers=100% more race car :yesway:
    [​IMG]

16. Dodeejeroo

Dodeejeroo SS.org Regular

Love Thunderhill, I used to go up there fairly regularly just to spectate events.

17. Dodeejeroo

Dodeejeroo SS.org Regular

Yesterday was fun, my wife's daily is a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek that we leased 3 years ago and the lease is coming up due in a couple months. The car has been great throughout the 30k miles we've put on it, with my only complaints being the somewhat clumsy/non-responsive infotainment/nav system, and the desperate need for more power (only one engine option and it's only 148hp for a 3200 lb car). So we went to our dealer and looked at the new Crosstreks to see what has changed, some nice tweaks but nothing major. I asked my wife if she was interested in the Forester or Legacy/Outbacks but no interest there.
    What did catch her eye was the WRX, and after checking it out and a test drive we placed an order for Pearl White Premium WRX that should arrive in March :)
    I'm excited, we'll be able to go to our local Cars & Coffee events in 2 fun cars now!

18. wannabguitarist

Anyone get some fun parts for Christmas? New build ideas?

19. TheStig1214

TheStig1214 Mr. Tophat Jones

^ Just some winter rubber for the winter wheels I picked up.

[​IMG]

20. Jake

Jake GAS Master

Sadly it was time for my 2005 Saabaru to meet it's end. But I picked up a 2017 Subaru Impreza Premium this morning and I couldn't be happier with my decision!

[​IMG]