The Car Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bulb, Sep 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

Did the '13 Charger come with the 8-speed? Sweet upgrade :yesway:

2. Beefmuffin

Beefmuffin New Boot Goofin

Looks like I found this thread at the right time (with all these chargers showing up). Picked up my 06 300C SRT8 last week. I planned on waiting to post about it until I got some pics but it's been raining here for the past 5 days. Once that stops, I'll be detailing it and taking pictures. Hopefully that ends up being tomorrow.

3. BigBaldIan

BigBaldIan Bald and gribbly.

Just looked and these were available in the UK and RHD as well, good to know.:cool:

4. Beefmuffin

Beefmuffin New Boot Goofin

The perfect combination of luxury and muscle. Also, (not sure about the UK) but you can find them here in the US for about 1-2k under the charger SRT8's of the same year. This is typically due to the fact that most people looking at the Chrysler 300's aren't the same people wanting to put that much horsepower in their hands.

5. BigBaldIan

UK models of the SRT8 were between 2006 and 2010 with the 6.1 Hemi, finding some nice ones at the 14K mark.

6. GaryDAG

GaryDAG Active Member

I'm pretty pleased with my modest collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. BigBaldIan

^

Now if I were a betting man I'd say the Buick was the straight-line monster of the 3. :D

8. haydn

haydn SS.org Regular

Loving all the Chargers being posted. In the market for an AWD and strongly considering one.

9. GaryDAG

GaryDAG Active Member

The Z06 is no slouch. LS6 based 383 stroker with a 125 shot of nitrous, RPM trans, and Stage 3 clutch. 510 to the rear wheels before spray.

But the Buick is putting out around 7 in HP and 8+ in tq. Full cage, bob bailey 2 step, trans brake, line lock, etc etc.

From 0-130 it's hard to top, from there to 170 the Z is in command.

10. BigBaldIan

Once you hit those speeds you're really starting to fight a losing war with aerodynamics.

11. GaryDAG

GaryDAG Active Member

Especially with the Brick Buick, the Z has pretty aggressive gearing that limits it up top, not to mention the FRC (fixed roof coupe) is less aerodynamic than the fastback model.

Gas is too expensive to go that fast anyway.:noplease:

12. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

I wish it did, but they only offered it on the V6 until 2015. I still dig the Mercedes 5 speed though. I know they aren't the fastest or smoothest, but between my 2 previous vehicles, I've put over 150k miles on two of then and two 5.7 Hemis without the slightest issue with either. Just a radiator replacement at 96k miles on the Daytona. That trans can take a beating. No wonder they kept it in the S65 AMG for so long.

But yes, a nice upgrade, thanks!

13. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

I can't speak for the AWD, or any engine but the 5.7, but what a fine engine it is!

-------------

Also, these BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 tires are lovely! Both in performance AND appearance haha. Seriously, it feels like I lose hardly any grip in the wet, and that's saying something with how crazy slick the roads get when it rains here (Vegas).

Depending on the tread life, I just may buy a set when the time comes. They only have about 400 miles on them right now.

14. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

I'm fighting going to the dealership to test drive the Charger Scat Pack.....that 6.4 Hemi is just sick for the price of the car. Got a new truck last Feb (2015) though so don't think I can sell the wife on switching it up.....hahaha!

15. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Yeah it's a great deal. If you're someone who's going to load up on options, the SRT makes more sense. But keeping options minimal, Scat Pack is the way to go.

And then the Challenger... Scat Pack all the way cause you can get the Shaker lol

16. ZeroTolerance94

ZeroTolerance94 SS.org Regular

Well... Looks like Trucks Gone Wild is coming up here in 3 weeks.

Gotta rebuild my transfer case and put some rubber on my '87 K10, between this week and next. She's for off road use only, so shouldn't be a problem. Still able to get to work haha.

After that she'll be goin under the knife for some Rockwell 2.5 ton axles.
    6.72 final drive should be fun.

Got until November to finish the build, really excited to get started on it after this next mudfest event.

17. Arkeion

Arkeion SS.org Regular

Wonder if Misha ever got that GT-R..

Also, my ride, except I removed the stupid chrome door handles, chrome grill guard, and chrome mirror covers:

[​IMG]

18. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

^Blacked out single cab Rams look so damn good.

19. Arkeion

Arkeion SS.org Regular

I love the truck, man. I've driven Dodge/Chrysler/Ram since I was a teenager, and I'll always drive a Chrysler until I have a reason not to.

It's the Black edition Express with the 5.7L.

Strange story:
    I bought that Ram in October of 2014 after a lady pulled out in front of me in town (T-Bone style accident) in my 2013 Dart. Totaled the car, did like 10k worth of damage. My car pretty much folded into the side of her Chevy Equinox. No major injuries, had some scratches and a Dodge steering-wheel logo burned into my forearm from the airbag deployment. It was super obvious, comical, and kinda neat, but it has healed now. It was there for a solid 6 months.

Fast forward 1 year later, October of 2015, a lady pulls out in front of me AGAIN (on her cellphone) resulting in a T-Bone style accident on my lunch break. Did about $7k worth of damage to the front end of my Ram, but it lived. Can't say the same for her older Jetta :lol:

I think I need to ride a bicycle during the month of October, because it's destiny I destroy a vehicle during the month :lol:

20. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

It's an insane deal for the engine you get in the Scat Pack and the cost of the car. And I'm one of the few people probably who actually likes cloth better than leather (for comfort not looks). It can be 20 degrees out, but if the sun is hitting me, anything touching that leather seat is going to start sweating and I'm a workout freak and there's nothing worse than sitting on leather after sweating profusely. Ugh. So yeah, I would definitely be an options minimal guy. My main problem is that I live in Pittsburgh, and while they do a fantastic job plowing streets, a RWD car pushing almost 500 ponies and torque to match just ain't gonna fly for 3 months of the year. I guess I could get snow tires for the winter months, but not sure how much they'll help. Anyone with a RWD car doing snow with snow tires?

And I agree, the Challenger is just sick too, but having kids I need 4 doors. Gotta be a family car you know!? Haha! :cool: