The BTBAM megathread (The Parallax II: Future Sequence - 10.9.12)

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
The first time I listened to the new album I heard a section with a stupidly cool bass tone, but I don't remember where it was. I'm pretty sure it was in the second half of the album.

ThePIGI King

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing them tonight!!! Will post up what I think about them and AAL and The Contortionist after I let it all sink in. Super pumped, first time seeing them.

ThePIGI King

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I've had enough time now to let it all sink in, here's my thoughts.

The Contortionist:
I've never really liked them too much, other than a handful of songs, but seeing them and hearing them live makes me want to like them more. They played outstandingly. Super tight, no off sounding notes (from what I could tell). Out of the whole band, the drummer blew me away especially. That guy is just pure amazing. Props to the band for being so in sync the whole time.

Animals As Leaders:
I love AAL a whole lot, and I love 'em more now. They also played real tight. It's stunning to hear songs like CAFO, and then it blows my mind to see a music video or recording, but to see him do it live is just astounding. I can't wrap my head around how he moves his fretting hand so fast up and down the neck! Javier was really great too. The whole band was. When I first saw Javier's sig, I thought it was strange, but with the lights and everything, it looked great. The colour on it was like a chameleon, it went from blue to black to green to orange more so than any guitar I've ever seen. Great show.

BTBAM:
An all time favorite of mine, and they shattered my expectations. Props to those guys. They are kings among musicians. Paul tore it up. Sadly, I couldn't really see Dustie too well, but from the sounds of things, he killed it. Tommy's voice was a little higher in the singing at first, or maybe it was just my ears, but either way he totally nailed it. Dan was flawless as usual too. And I guess Blake's leg was feeling better, or else he just powered through, cause from what I could tell, he didn't really miss a beat. Really great guys, can't believe how insanely well they play together. They opened with my favorite, and just continued to rip out some of my other favorites. Not a single minor flaw. And it was great.

Final conclusion:
If you ever have the chance to see any of these three bands live, do it. You won't regret it. Killer bands with some talented guys.

vividox

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really wanted to see that tour, but the closest stop was 3 hours away on a week night and I'm so incredibly low on PTO right now. :/ Probably should have just made it happen. That line-up is killer. I did get to see AAL last winter, though, so there's that at least.

piggins411

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't want to know exactly what they're playing, but what is BTBAM's set like? A few new songs with some of the more typical stuff? A lot of new stuff? Any surprising songs? Again, I don't want specifics. I like to be surprised :lol:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
When I saw them a couple weeks ago in Santa Ana there was a good mix of old and new, almost half and half I'd say.

ThePIGI King

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to know exactly what they're playing, but what is BTBAM's set like? A few new songs with some of the more typical stuff? A lot of new stuff? Any surprising songs? Again, I don't want specifics. I like to be surprised :lol:

They played a few off the newest album, with a good bit of emphasis on their heavier stuff, mostly my favorite songs. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, it was pure amazeballs :hbang:

spawnofthesith

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wish I had caught the current tour. These bands management really ....ed up having this show in Colorado Springs -facepalm-

A tour like this would have easily filled up the Filmore in Denver

KFW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I absolutely love this record. It's what I always thought BTBAM could have been. Their previous records always had too many abrupt changes, and ones that purposely weren't thought out. This still has plenty of changes, but flows perfectly.

elkinz

Pun Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing them tonight!!! Will post up what I think about them and AAL and The Contortionist after I let it all sink in. Super pumped, first time seeing them.

dude. The first time I saw BTBAM I went to see AAL. Both were mindblowing. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing!

And you get to see the contortionist too?!! Goddamn, living in New Zealand can suck sometimes hahahaha

chewpac

working up to 7...
Reaction score
caught the buffalo show last night. insanely good all around. i'm a fan of all 3 bands, and it was probably the strongest lineup of a show i've seen in years. crazy good. as a guitarist/bassist/musician it was equally inspiring and soul crushing.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw them last night at the Norva. As I'm walking up I see Dustie just standing outside. Shook his hand, nice guy. Show was great, good mix of old and new.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
btbam_riff.png

Can someone quickly tell me which song this riff is from? It's driving me crazy.

Latest posts