The BTBAM megathread (The Parallax II: Future Sequence - 10.9.12)

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by mithologian, Jul 16, 2012.

1. mithologian

mithologian SS.org Regular

As my favorite band, it saddens me not to see a thread dedicated just to them. And with Parallax 2 in the works I think its time to give this band an official thread of their own here. Hopefully I wont be the only one posting here.

And now, on with actual BTBAM news (Yeah, i already got beaten to this but whatever)

[​IMG]

eggs, Pinhead, Santuzzo and 11 others like this.
  2. Hybrid138

Hybrid138 SS.org Regular

Much overdue thread! I'm super stoked! Can't wait for pre-orders to go up!

3. Koop

Koop SS.org Regular

Is there seriously no BTBAM megathread?!

I can't wait for the new album!
    I've been a BTBAM fan for a little over a year now. I regret not getting into them sooner!

4. Drakt

Drakt New Member

Seeing em with periphery supporting on october the 4th, wonder if theyll let me buy the album a few days early :(

5. mithologian

mithologian SS.org Regular

Nope. Just random scattered threads. :noplease:

6. fps

fps Kit

A band I've heard bits and pieces of and been intrigued by, without ever buying an album. So I'll probably buy this new one!

7. RagtimeDandy

RagtimeDandy On a Musical Journey

God I hope this delivers...I was actually really disappointed in the first EP :(

8. kevdes93

kevdes93 Sassy

colors and alaska are some of the only albums that i can still listen to from start to finish and not skip a single song

9. The ProfEscher

The ProfEscher This is infamy.

How is there not already a BTBAM thread on these boards? I live in NC and they're gigantic around here. I've seen them nine times and Summer Slaughter will make a nice, round ten. Best band.

10. piggins411

piggins411 SS.org Regular

Damn I wish I had that kind of record with them. I've only seen them once. There's a SMALL chance I may see them on Summer Slaughter, but it's slim

11. mountainjam

mountainjam SS.org Regular

:yesway::yesway:
    Very excited for this. Ide be surprised if this tops paralax 1, but btbam never dissapoints. Most influential metal band in the past decade imo.

12. Divinehippie

Divinehippie ESaD ;)

My favorite band by far. So incredibly excited for this. It seems each album gets better and better. I'm buying the shit out of this when it drops.

13. WildBroskiAppears

WildBroskiAppears SS.org Regular

I've been busy with Periphery II lately, but BTBAM is still my go-to favorite band of all time. Just got my VIP package for the August 5th Summer Slaughter date in Philly. BTBAM and Periphery is a double-whammy i've been hoping for for about a year now. Now I just need them co-headlining so I can get a nice long set of both :hbang: Although I saw them with AAL (missed TesseracT :noplease:) this should top that by a mile. Needless to say, i'm absolutely psyched now that they've announced the release date.

14. Blasphemer

Blasphemer Bird Law expert

So stoked about the new EP. I love BTBAM. One of my favorite bands, hands down. We even got to listen to colors at work today. Over the this sound system:
    [​IMG]
    It was gorious
    (sorry for the shitty picture, it's the best I could find)

BTBAM even wrote my 4 favorite measures of music, ever. The jazzy break in Foam Born part B. I've put a LOT of thought into it, and I always go back to that section. So perfect.

15. brutalwizard

brutalwizard Pretty Your Petunia

So exited for the new album!!!

16. ScottyB724

ScottyB724 SS.org Regular

Greatest. Band. Ever.
    Probably seen them upwards of 12-14 times dating back to like '04 '05. I still remember seeing them play Selkies for the first time before Alaska was even out and just being blown away, little did I know of the prog gods they would become.

I even got to see Colors performed live in it's entirety. For me, I'm not sure what will top that. The best part was they didn't even announce it, they just started playing it and I remember being like "wow, they are opening the show with the first 3 tracks from Colors, sweet!" But they just kept playing, and finally when they were nearing the end of Viridian it dawned on me what had just transpired, and then fucking WHITE WALLS!

Stoked for this, and really stoked for Summer Slaughter.

17. MiPwnYew

MiPwnYew SS.org Regular

Agreed! I have been following them since The Silent Circus and have probably seen them the most out of any band. Seeing Colors all the way through was definitely AMAZING. They even came out and did an encore with Mordecai, Selkies, Alaska and one more that I can't remember now :bowdown:

18. piggins411

piggins411 SS.org Regular

You aren't kidding. The first time I heard it, that break ripped me 3 new assholes.:hbang:Which is a good thing I guess :scratch:

19. rug

rug SS.org Regular

Got into them on their first album, and had the good fortune to see them about a month later in Des Moines at the Botanical Center, playing in a lunch room. Stood about 3 feet from Paul and watched him blaze. I went to a party afterwards and just sat there, numb, at how thoroughly they destroyed. The very next day I broke out the metronome, went to 40 bpm, and broke down my technique and got rid of any bad habit I could find. Literally, I wouldn't be anywhere near the level I'm at without seeing them at that show.

20. Polythoral

Polythoral Hipster Mustaine

Colors probably contains like, 8 out of my top 10 riffs/guitar melodies ever. <3