The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by aslsmm, Nov 25, 2010.

1. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Tell that to JPMike.

Still doesn't have the stones to post himself still.

2. rifftrauma

rifftrauma Trapped in time... Contributor

Nice dude, lets hope we go 2 for 2 and they both don't suck! :yesway:

3. Sytka

Sytka Shreddy Krueger

...., I don't have money right now !!!

4. Speculum Speculorum

Speculum Speculorum SS.org Regular

And the beat goes on, and on, and on...

I hope that the bad is over, but seriously as stated before:

The guy puts out one guitar that's apparently not ....ed up, and everybody is like :yesway: :hbang: :kiss: :yesway:

I'm happy for you, Lirtle. But pull yourselves together guys, lest you fall into another abysmal period of depression as a result of insane chicanery on Bernie's part.

5. Danukenator

Danukenator Kane's Bane

I don't think anyone believes the people involved are free and clear. It's merely excitement because this is the first good thing to happen in a long time.

6. JPMike

JPMike Totally Random

First of all, I am so happy to see people are finally geting something after all this time. This might only be the start and a few more are coming on the way sure.

Let's hope for the best!! :)

Max, I am so close up his ass that he's responding to me whenever I text or email, he mentioned he will get back to me in the next couple of days. As himself told me, that he will be out of town until Friday due to the fact he's got doctor appointments.

I also told him, that if my builds are not as near ready I will take any 7 strings or 8 strings, I fancy from the stock he got. He will check his stock and let me know what is available for me.

He has been claiming that he doesn't want our friendship to be done, so that he will do the best to get back to me. I am sure he's aware that I have paid quite a lot and of course I reminded him too. Hell, he owes me 4 guitars.

I won't lie I have my lawyers ready for any case something goes wrong.

7. MaxOfMetal

Please Mike, for my sake and yours, tell me you see the scam here. Please. :( :( :(

8. JPMike

JPMike Totally Random

Honestly Max, I don't know what to believe. I see guitars being shipped and all, I feel like something will start happening, on the other hand I still feel he doesn't realise how serious things are and he can get in deep trouble.

Ok, what I am supposed to do?? Fire at him with lawsuits, etc??

9. MaxOfMetal

I'll never order or tell you to do something, Mike. I'm not here to try and control you. It just pains me to see good folks be bent over a barrel and be taken advantage of.

What in the past two years has made you believe anything from this point on will turn out in your favor. Bernie isn't an idiot, he's shown that he's smart enough to fleece you guys. It sucks to be the schmuck, but that's what he's turned you guys into: the suckers. It's a shitty feeling, I've been there way too often in life to not be able to see it as clear as day. He knows EXACTLY how serious things are, which is why he's now talking to you constantly, trying to stall you as long as humanly possible.

You need to separate yourself from this. It's just not healthy.

10. slayercannibalsuffohead

slayercannibalsuffohead SS.org Regular

11. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

^ Agreed man, it's unbelievably easy to send out a single guitar and get all your hopes up while you end up waiting even longer. You shouldn't settle for something different than what you wanted or ordered or having your funds back. If using the law is your last resort to getting some kind of repercussion is the only solution you should pursue it.

Worst case scenario is that he keeps playing you, and you're way out of the realm to get your cash back. That can happen, and there's countless luthiers you could be investing in.

By asking him for whatever he has available you're taking a HUGE risk. You'll either get flawless instruments that you'll love and be done with it or one of the following.
    - Never get anything
    - Get subpar instruments
    - Get terrible instruments and an unreasonable rebuild expectancy

No one's forcing you to, but sitting and hoping in a hopeless situation is a terrible thing to do. Why are his highest paying customers getting shafted and a single guitar getting shipped out? It's not that it doesn't add up, it does but like Max said it looks just like a scam.

12. JPMike

JPMike Totally Random

Max, I consider your sayings and advice wise enough to actually lead me to thoughts and actions. You got my respect and admiration, I have to acknowledge that and for all the cheesyness my words include, I am not ass licking or anything. I am just honest.

I just want finally to get something out of this, I am sick of seeing my money going to waste. I am sure he knows how to play the game, but I know how to play the ....ing game too. I have quite a few aces up my sleeve, I will give him a few days to see if he can come up with something. If not I am letting hell break loose and get over with this.

Call me stupid, naive, sentimental, whatever guy, I believe being good and actually doing good, you get granted back what you did. At least, that's how my family and I think. We always done good and always been ....ed over but somehow things always worked in our favour.
    Honestly, if I wasn't thinking about his family and how much trouble that would cause them, I would have already terminated this, more like or so collateral damage.

It's the same question over and over, he delivered in the past, why the hell would he blow it up now? Why would he blow up his family's name?? We are going through a loop here.

Ok, as I said, I will give it a bit more time, if things won't go the way are supposed to go for me and other people that are waiting, this getting resolved.

13. JPMike

JPMike Totally Random

Trust me , this is the question that has been floating in my head the last week.
    I just don't get it...

P.S I am off to bed, really late here, will catch up with you guys in the morning. Take care.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  14. MaxOfMetal

You're too good of a person to have to deal with this, Mike. That is most definitely for sure. :agreed:

15. MetalDaze

MetalDaze Repless in Seattle

FWIW, I was talking to the owner of Xtreme Lefty Guitars today about placing a Jackson order and he told me that Bernie has contacted him too about some outstanding dealer orders.

16. AwDeOh

AwDeOh SS.org Regular

If I may make a suggestion..

He's the one that's broken the trust here.. to put it very ****ing lightly, not you guys. The trust is completely broken, and will be for a long time. If he's serious about getting himself out of this, moving forward and keeping the BRJ business from going down in flames along with the Rico name, then he needs to begin by shipping guitars to customers that have paid the entire amount, then start shipping to those who've paid a deposit, and allow them to pay him the remaining balance when they have the guitar in their hands and are happy with the product.

I know you'll all think that he simply won't do that, I don't either. But he ****ed you guys, not the other way around. He has the money and the product, so if he's not willing to do that, if he demands payment before shipping the guitar, then he's not interested in anything more than protecting his wallet. In that situation, I'd be calling a spade a spade, and taking that as all the proof you need that he's pulling the same old shit: "Pay me now, I'll send something later".

The onus is on him to prove that he's back, prove that he can be trusted in the future, and start making some major moves to rebuild that trust, something a lot more substantial than posting a vague "apology/update" through a 2nd party and sending out a guitar that he likely knows will attract a NGD thread here and generate hope to those with money invested.

I'm HOPING that he's serious about pulling himself out of this now, and if he shows enough good will to prove that, then he deserves support. Conversely, if he doesn't make an attempt to prove that he's not running the same old gag, then **** him and the horse he rode in on.

TL;DR - DEMAND to have the guitar shipped to you and checked before investing any more cash. If he refuses to ship before full payment, then I think it's pretty obvious what's happening.

17. JosephAOI

JosephAOI Thinks Jazz = Metal

^While that sounds like an ideal scenario for the customers, it's simply not going to happen. Not because Bernie's completely unreliable, which, we don't know for sure that he isn't. He delivered before all of this BFR madness. I digress though. The point is, that's simply not how a business is run. No business will ship the product to you until it has been paid for. No person would do that unless they really REALLY trusted the receiving end.

What I hope will happen is that these guitars slowly but surely make their way out to their owners in excellent condition and that Bernie returns his business to how it was before all this. No one can really say for sure though, what will happen.

18. MetalDaze

MetalDaze Repless in Seattle

Yeah, it's not like musicians are the most reliable people when it comes to paying their bills :lol:

That's why I suggested an escrow service. But, the PayPal scenario could work too as long as people are diligent in only paying when the guitar is ready to ship and then filing the claim with the right documentation if Bernie doesn't produce the guitar.

19. Diggi

Diggi SS.org Regular

^THIS^

Who can argue with this?

20. jacksonplayer

jacksonplayer The Fusion Guy! Contributor

That's exactly what should happen.

However, I'm still smelling a scam here.