The Best TV Ad Song

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by t3sser4ct, Jul 3, 2010.

1. t3sser4ct

t3sser4ct Weird Shape

I'm sure you guys have seen this ad before. I think it started airing about two or three years ago. I fell in love with the song the first time I heard it, and I didn't rest until I found out what it was and who wrote/performed it.

I eventually found out that the song was "Journey" by Michael Montes. I emailed him for more info, and he said that Canon owned the song, but he was working to get a full version released. Well... A few days ago I got another email from him. The song is now available on iTunes and CD Baby! :hbang: You can get it here:
    Filmscores by Michael Montes - Download Filmscores on iTunes
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/MichaelMontes1

This song is so good! It's fun to play on piano too. I'm going to try to learn the full version now.

I hope you guys enjoy this as much as me.

2. Dylan7620

Dylan7620 that guy

^ that's a cool song.

This took me forever to find out that this track was called "genesis" by Justice. Every time I'd try to youtube Cadillac ads I'd get nothing but the commercials with Led Zep tracks. I'm actually kinda thankful to GM marketing for getting me into exploring some electronic music. Also, I just noticed that is the chick from Modern Family. After seeing some of her character's antics on the show I doubt Cadillac would want to use her for their "High Class Image." :lol:

3. MFB

MFB Banned

I :wub: Phoenix, so

4. conortheshreder

conortheshreder Macho fantastico

5. lobee

lobee vicioustabbing

6. lobee

lobee vicioustabbing

Fortunately for Cadillac, her "sexy-as-fuck" image remains fully intact.:cool:

7. t3sser4ct

t3sser4ct Weird Shape

The Fringe song reminded me of Journey the first time I heard it. I've never seen an episode of Fringe, but Andrew Kramer, the guy who did the title sequence (not the music, but the video), has a pretty cool website with tutorials and resources for motion graphics artists called VideoCopilot.com. He posted the retro sequence he did for one episode. They used a retro version of the theme song too. It's pretty cool.

8. The Beard

The Beard Suttbex

This song, called "Fly" by Ludovico Einaudi, was used in the NBA's "Where Will Amazing Happen This Year" commercials.

Not just the music, but the commercials were amazing as well. I can't find any of the videos of them at the moment, but it starts out where there's no crowd but just the player and everything's in black and white and then things around them start slowly re-appearing and returning to color.
    If anyone can find these, I'd appreciate it!

9. Espaul

Espaul SS.org Regular

are we talking specific song made for ads, then I think this is a good one. Not because it's a good song, but it really sticks to your brain :p so good tv ad song:

But this is the best song ever used in an AD, at 0:45 and forth :)

10. Antimatter

Antimatter SS.org Regular

This is a jeans commericial in Norway.