The Babadook.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Oceandrinksboat, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Oceandrinksboat

Oceandrinksboat SS.org Regular

I recently saw it last night at a mate's house, and I enjoyed it.
    It wasn't what I expected, but it was good nonetheless. If you haven't seen it yet, I'd recommend it; not because its a good movie but a unique movie.
    if you have seen it, what do you think of it?

2. lelandbowman3

lelandbowman3 SS.org Regular

I watched it a while back. It did have some genuinely chilling stuff. Has a nice gradient of calm to crazy that just seems to slip by. I enjoyed it as far as film production as a whole goes. It was a neat, clever movie. (Imo anyway) And it wasn't a movie that relied a lot on gimmicky stuff. some of it was tricks and gimmicks, but not to the degree of, say, paranormal activity where it's all in offbeat times or things slowly coming to focus.
    I'd say it's at least worth a watch, even if you're skeptical.

3. KristapsCoCoo

KristapsCoCoo SS.org Regular

This is a great movie! There are a lot of those moments where you get some serious chills. What I didn't like about it was the ending... Not something that ruined the movie, but it could have been better...

4. myrtorp

myrtorp Jiggywiggy

Kinda wierd but enjoyable. I watched it with my friends and we all started laughing because when it appears it makes this "monster" sound, its something I've heard many times before, like a dinosaur/alien sound from many other movies and maybe games. It kinda took the scary element out a bit. Personally I think the first half was the best, and had a nice build up, but kinda failed to deliver.
    Still I love movies like this!

5. Oceandrinksboat

Oceandrinksboat SS.org Regular

My exact thoughts! Aha

6. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I enjoyed the movie, but I thought that the kid was just a tad too much of a suffocating, awful brat in the beginning, which made it difficult to care what happened later on. "Go ahead, monster, eat the kid or whatever and let that poor woman have some time to herself!"

With that, I realize that if the movie is kind of rorschach test to determine if one is fit to be a parent... and I failed.

7. thearistocat

thearistocat Active Member

I loved it, I think I saw it in December or early January. Nice filming, good chilling stuff.