The Axe Palace's NAMM 2010 Pic/Vidstory Spectacular! (~300 Pix: 2.0GHz+/1GB+ Warning)

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
3_02.jpg

Did you get to play this zim? If yes, give me your thoughts please.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Did you get to play this zim? If yes, give me your thoughts please.

The Eleven Rack or the 3P poweramp? If you meant the Eleven, no I didn't. It looks like a nice unit but the Axe-FX does so much more, apart from acting as a mic-pre/interface. I have no real opinion on it though, all I know is from reading the manual.

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
Yeah, I was talking about the Eleven. Glad you mentioned the Axe-Fx doing more, as that's where the conversation was going to go if you could compare the two. Just wanted to get your thoughts, as I value them. I'll continue doing the research on the two units (Axe and Eleven).

Thanks again.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, I was talking about the Eleven. Glad you mentioned the Axe-Fx doing more, as that's where the conversation was going to go if you could compare the two. Just wanted to get your thoughts, as I value them. I'll continue doing the research on the two units (Axe and Eleven).

Thanks again.

If you're looking for IMO the best guitar tone modeler in the universe, get the Axe-FX. If you want something that can double as a world-class effects processor, get the Axe-FX. If you're looking for more of an 'all-in-one' solution that has a few cool amp sounds along with everything else it does, get the Eleven Rack.

The Eleven Rack is an audio interface along with mic preamps like you'd find on a MOTU or Presonus Firewire/USB unit but also has a limited number of very convincing sounding amp models too. I hear good things about its sounds, but being an amp modeler is not its focus. It only has a few sounds on it. It's really designed to be a one stop solution. The benefit of being an interface/modeler all in one is that latency would be pretty much non-existent, however if you have a fast computer latency should never be an issue with the Axe-FX either.

Pewtershmit

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of playing an 11 at namm. I was pretty impressed I can't really comment on how it compares qualitywise to the axefx, although I'm very familiar with line 6 stuff and it totally killed that.

Considering the price, it would be a great all in one recording deal. Although in terms of features the axe kills it.

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Damn Nick, every January NAMM thread gets better and better each year, that "morning after christmas" kind of thing this thread creates when you wait for it to load feels really fuzzy inside :agreed: endless rep for you man :yesway:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Damn Nick, every January NAMM thread gets better and better each year, that "morning after christmas" kind of thing this thread creates when you wait for it to load feels really fuzzy inside :agreed: endless rep for you man :yesway:

Thanks bro I'm glad you had fun with it :)

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome thread... though there seems to be a lot of focus on guitars and amps. I know that some really cool effects gear came out this year.

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
Somewhere in this thread, is there a price for any flaxwood guitar posted? The internet seems to not want me to know this.

& Great thread Nick :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome thread... though there seems to be a lot of focus on guitars and amps. I know that some really cool effects gear came out this year.

I only had so much time and effects don't excite me as much as guitars and amps. I'm a huge Eventide fan and I did check out some stuff that people recommended I see like Xotic. Very cool stuff but I just didn't care to take pics.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Here ya go Empryrean

Yeah man, Like I said many dealers count on people not knowing what the real prices are and just make shit up. In that dealer's case they have the correct price actually though. For me, I always stick to the actual street prices or less.

Just to set the record straight, here are the prices (f = fixed, t = trem)

• Aija F - $1449
  • Aija T - $1619
  • Vasara F - $1999
  • Rautia F - $1909
  • Rautia T - $2089
  • Liekki F - $1979
  • Liekki T - $2199
  • Voima T - $1979
  • Laine T - $2089
Again, all guitars are identical save for pickup configuration, colors, and bridge.

vontetzianos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I noticed flaxwood offer the ability to customise your guitar. Would it be possible to hook a custom one up through the Axe Palace when you officially become a dealer, Nick?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I noticed flaxwood offer the ability to customise your guitar. Would it be possible to hook a custom one up through the Axe Palace when you officially become a dealer, Nick?

I am a Flaxwood dealer officially now actually, I'm listed on their website and all :)

Yes, I can get customs made but honestly their guitars are pretty much flawless as is. I would only go custom if you want different colors, inlays, pickups, or minor things like that. They won't do anything too drastic.

I am personally going to buy either the Aija or Rautia model for myself. Then at some point I will commission a custom because I'd really like one with a sustainer and a purple finish.

vontetzianos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I am a Flaxwood dealer officially now actually, I'm listed on their website and all :)

Yes, I can get customs made but honestly their guitars are pretty much flawless as is. I would only go custom if you want different colors, inlays, pickups, or minor things like that. They won't do anything too drastic.

I am personally going to buy either the Aija or Rautia model for myself. Then at some point I will commission a custom because I'd really like one with a sustainer and a purple finish.

yeah, i was thinking of having blackouts put in the aija and maybe some locking tuners.

I suppose it's a little drastic to ask for 24 frets.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
yeah, i was thinking of having blackouts put in the aija and maybe some locking tuners.

I suppose it's a little drastic to ask for 24 frets.

They already come with locking tuners bro. And any dealer could just put Blackouts in there for you, you don't need to spend money on a custom for that.

As for the 24 fret thing, I don't know. I'm a 24-fret guy myself but if you played those things you might not even care anymore. Really special stuff. I could ask though.