FT THE ACTIVE PICKUP EXCHANGE

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
Welcome to the “ACTIVE PICKUP EXCHANGE” megathread

Have you ever wanted to try another set of EMGs but didn’t have the cash ?

Did you ever want to try a Fluence set that maybe out of stock or hard to order?

have you ever seen a pickup review that sounded like it was for you but maybe the OP or another SSO member who has them mentioned/replied that they had to them as well but didn’t really like them as much as they thought , I wonder if he would trade me for my set?

Have you ever just got sick of your EMGs and wanna just try some blackouts or maybe Fluence for a week or two, record, and then go back your status quo?

Well ACTIVE USERS OF ALL BRANDS (EMG! SD Blackouts and Fishman Fluence) you came to the right place!

Here you can post your available set and a desirable set or two and soon another member will reply to the match, and post the reply with the same format in kind!

you set the terms, it’s between the traders to exchange terms, and you can do that right here ...but that’s not needed

however, it is compulsory to inform (one of) the following five members of your name, email, and REAL address the shipment/trade is going to as are adding them to a hidden wiki so NO FRAUD OR SCAMS will go unnoticed or unpunished.
@lewis
@Spaced Out Ace
@Marked Man
@c7spheres
@Politics of Ecstasy

This will remain private and visible only to the mod/admin and the founding members of the exchange.

Basic rules =

(1) NO STEALING (no working with Adam Howard of TX for example)
(2) everyone pays their own shipping back and forth, that’s $8 USPS flat rate small box
(3) you can exchange with another member with the permission of the original owner (meaning if you exchange with someone and hate the ones you got, but someone else wants to try them, you can ask the original owner who you exchanged with if you can trade with the next dude, if he says yes, cool, if not, then you‘ ll have to return to original owner and work it out another way
(4) buy out option possible: if you love the pickup and the other guys loves the other ones, you can just keep/buy them from each other in the barter sense
(5) we keep a repository of the owners, the emails, and the addresses so no scammers/fraud can occur [this will be a locked and hidden wiki accesible only by the mod]
*(6) obviously if someone damages or “loses” them, obviously you just buy a replacement , simple

ALRIGHT, NOW DONT BE SHY! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BEGIN EXCHANGING!

Happy Holidays,
The Active Exchange Founders

[Mod: max please put this stickies wherever you prefer or think best]

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
49C306E2-6DB8-46A8-A3CA-1E4029CF1C01.png

The sevenstring.org Mod team, Administration and owner, take no responsibility for the transactions that take place here.

At the first sign of trouble, this thread will be removed and any and all parties involved with shenanigans will be permanently banned, IPs flagged.

You've been warned.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
Thanks Max
So you think it could be STICKIED?(and if you want to remove that last line to the mod?)
Thanks max

this is a special holiday gift from the mind of Lewis and the heart of politics , for all those SSo members that might want a new set but just can’t do it this time of year

As stated, and max obviously had a clear sign, but this is for honest people so don’t try a scam. Remember there is going to be a log of every trade , terms, and all the peoples information and address

merry Christmas and happy Hanukkah

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Max
So you think it could be STICKIED?

Let's see how this goes.

Remember there is going to be a log of every trade , terms, and all the peoples information and address

Please don't post personal information on the open forum, or really anywhere easily accessed on the internet.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
Oh don’t worry , of course no personal will be uploaded or shared on the forum publicly

it’s going to remain a private, hidden like database, I’ll show you the repository via PM
Let's see how this goes.

Ok

Please don't post personal information on the open forum, or really anywhere easily accessed on the internet.
Absolutely agree

Charlie Foxtrot 3rd

Oakie Doaky
Reaction score
I’ll go.
Up for trade or sale

EMG 60 (6 string) Kirk Hammet Bone Breaker brand new fitted to guitar once then put back into the box it is the solderless plug in variety. I will post a picture when I get home. I’m in Australia.

what you got?

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Just so everyone is aware and doesn't waste their time. I currently don't have anything to trade/sell or exchange at the moment.

Charlie Foxtrot 3rd

Oakie Doaky
Reaction score
BB 60. Includes box and sticker.

Attachments

• 9A007B3F-D140-42B8-8D71-C8845AB4EF87.jpeg
    9A007B3F-D140-42B8-8D71-C8845AB4EF87.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 86A490FA-75FD-47B4-826F-46631AED53E3.jpeg
    86A490FA-75FD-47B4-826F-46631AED53E3.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 17AFF7B8-DB47-4BA6-B431-14E86C0BE860.jpeg
    17AFF7B8-DB47-4BA6-B431-14E86C0BE860.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 11

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a Fishman Modern set in black plastic that I bought for my backup guitar, before discovering that Classics are perfect for my main player and ending up with a spare set.

Interested to trade for other Fishman 6 string sets, Townsend ideally but maybe other artists sets too. UK based.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
Just so everyone is aware and doesn't waste their time. I currently don't have anything to trade/sell or exchange at the moment.
Don’t worry man...it’ll take a few days or so for people to see it and post....but I’m sure you’ll have a match whenever you are ready bro ;)

Albake21

"Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."
Reaction score
I'll throw my hat in.

I have two sets. I have an EMG 57/66 in Black Chrome and I have a set of Seymour Duncan Blackouts Mick Thomson signature.

Located in Chicago, IL. Mainly looking to give Fishmans another shot, but I'm open to what ever is out there.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
8 string Request -

Have: EMG 81-8/85-8
Want: Fluence Modern 8, Fluence Carpenter 8, or Tosin 8
Terms: open to 2 weeks to a month+

I’ll also just do a bridge swap if you don’t want to swap the neck for the 85

{if you have a Blackout Bridge AHB1 8(The original, not the Ahb2 or 3[mick sig set]), I’ll consider it }

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
Some people PMed me to ask a little more of how it works....

As you see people post what they have, what they are looking for, and some extra details like maybe like location (if not US especially)

After you find a match in this mega thread,..you can just PM one of us, showing what you are offering and what you’re interested in

So First, post a Quick reply like just an example :

“1)H(ave): EMG 60
2)W(ant): EMG 55”
3) Any details you think are pertinent, like , “I’m in uk” if relevant or whatever

AFTER you get a match, the other guy let’s us put his info in a Hidden wiki, all 5 of us and max have access to, then you can message ANY one of the 5 of us your info privately...like start a new convo with anyone of us you see online at the time (best way to go about it for speed) and ill put an example; subject line

“Active Exchange - w/[member x)”

hey I am sending my EMG 81 to member X for so and such duration ([you and trader can set terms]) and when the info matches , meaning we get the same trade info from the other member, well let you guys know to start the trade and pass you the info

when you mail out, you can also reply to that same message with the tracking number so we can make sure everyone does their part ;)

all this will be placed in the hidden wiki again, so that it is visible to the mods and founders only ...for everyone security

After which, when the exchange is finished just PM the same message again with return tracking when you guys finally finish your trade
——-

Any other questions please post or PM anyone of us!
The Active Exchange

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of unnecessary overhead for trading gear. I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't want my personal info in a mysterious database. Just my 2 cents

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Let's just open a group on Facebook. Much simpler.

And oh. I have 81x and 60x. And Fluence Modern sixer set in black nickel. Trade for Tosins or Classics!