The Absence indiegogo

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by mwcarl, Sep 24, 2013.

1. mwcarl

mwcarl SS.org Regular

The Absence is crowdfunding their upcoming tour and album using indiegogo and they'd really appreciate some help from their fans. They are by far one of my favourite bands and I think they deserve a ton of fan help to continue making music. They have recently undergone a member change with the departure of Peter Joseph and the introduction of Per Nilsson (whom you might know from Scar Symmetry). While this might change their sound, just take a listen to this new single Oceans that they released earlier this year with their current lineup:

You can contribute here. I've already contributed a significant amount and if you're anywhere near as much a fan of their as I am, hopefully you will too to help them reach their goal.

More of my favourite tunes of theirs maybe to introduce the band to you if you hadn't heard of them before:
    Also happens to have a Per Nilsson guest solo

2. chevymeister

chevymeister SS.org Regular

Hmm. I didn't know they had anything past riders... Checking out their new stuff. Thanks for the info regardless. Wish these dudes luck, their first two albums are quite excellent.

3. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Scoop the Mids and Chug

Without peter im out

4. Rotatous

Rotatous SS.org Regular

Ehhhh, they've lost their sound in my opinion, hope their new stuff goes well but judging from their latest single I probably wont be digging it very much.

5. ihave27frets

ihave27frets SS.org Regular

Me too! :wavey:

6. TIBrent

TIBrent Drop Z regular

While the latest single sounds good n' all, without Peter it just really sounds VERY generic. I mean Peter just really brought something to that band that made them pop, this just doesn't seem to pop anymore.