Testing Addictive Drums Metal - New Track "Unstoppable" (Axe-Fx, AD Metal, Nuendo)

Destroyer2

Riff box!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been messing with the new Metal ADpak for Addictive Drums and ended up throwing this song together to test it out. Really enjoying the sounds so far.

<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/destroyermusic'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=10801373&scid=10801373&q=hi&ext=1" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>

Hope you enjoy! :D

Soundcloud: Unstoppable by dylanackerly on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Direct download (Right click, save link): http://dacker.snieb.com/music/dylan ackerly - unstoppable.mp3

guy in latvia

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
sounds really sick, i dunno if its what you were going for but imo the master is pumping a bit too hard...

Ramsey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Test successful imo. Sounds like being butt-raped by satans band

Or something haha.

squizz

Reaction score
Sounds really great! I agree with someone up there, I didn't this AD sounded this good, great job!

Out of curiosity did you also use the Axe-Fx to record the bass?

Vangoatguitar

Rational Gayz
Reaction score
Sounds great man! Addictive drums are a great tool. I prefer AD over SD2 any day. I will admit though, you can get better sounds out of SD2 but AD's interface and stock drum sounds are already pretty decent. SD2 just takes to long to tweak, imo of course.

Might want to watch the compressor on the master IN AD, sounds like its pumping a tad. I'd recommend a separate compressor if you are going to compress your drums as a whole.

Destroyer2

Riff box!
Reaction score
Thanks for listening guys! :)

Sounds really great! I agree with someone up there, I didn't this AD sounded this good, great job!

Out of curiosity did you also use the Axe-Fx to record the bass?

Yes, I believe I used the SV Bass model on the Axe-Fx for bass. I can get more info about the patches later if you like?

Sounds great man! Addictive drums are a great tool. I prefer AD over SD2 any day. I will admit though, you can get better sounds out of SD2 but AD's interface and stock drum sounds are already pretty decent. SD2 just takes to long to tweak, imo of course.

Might want to watch the compressor on the master IN AD, sounds like its pumping a tad. I'd recommend a separate compressor if you are going to compress your drums as a whole.

Thanks for listening dude!
The pumping is definitely from the preset in AD, I just loaded the preset called "Big Kit" and changed the snare to the sonor one. I didn't play with the master settings but I thought the pumping was somewhat acceptable for this kinda thing haha.

What I previously did though was to send everything out of AD separately and mix in Nuendo.
The presets for the standard kits were absolutely terrible for metal and I didn't have much luck using just the AD mixer.
I may go back to separate tracks yet but some of the presets in the metal pack are immediately more usable for my style of music. Just playing around at this point and exploring the possibilities :)

Psyy

The Care Cup's Empty
Reaction score
Sounds absolutely ridiculous. Mix is perfect, from my speakers' point of view. I remember a song you posted a long time ago, 'The People Person'. Any plans for anything along those lines? Was such a sick song.

Destroyer2

Riff box!
Reaction score
Thanks man! :)

And yes there will absolutely be more "Ctrl Alt Del" stuff! Rohan and I have a fair bit of stuff for that project that we're just dying to put up, but Rohan's work hours are pretty ridiculous at the moment. We are still working on it though so with any luck you can expect something soon!

Valserp

Only plays 1 string
Reaction score
Didn't know AD had a metal add-on :eek: Must check out!

AWESOME MIX!

IconW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You can tell that it's Addictive drums! Snare gave it away haha! But yeah, I used to make my drums with Addictive drums and recognize that "natural" smack that AD's snare tend to do. Kick sound's lot better than the original AD's ones. Overall the drummix sounds good.
Me likes!

eternallygutted

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dylan, this is really awesome.:) nice mix. i like the sound you get from your axe, great guitars and fat bass sound. i don´t like AD but def that is a good drum sound too.

Animus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds good overall. The cymbals aren't working for me though.