Tera Online > Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by TheBigGroove, Mar 23, 2012.

1. TheBigGroove

TheBigGroove SS.org Regular

So I was a huge D2 LOD fan...played for years...yeeeears. Finally after getting 5 of my friends to sign up for the d3 beta, I got a key a few months back.

All I know is D3 in no way compares to Tera Online...suuuure it's darker, gives me that warm, nostalgic feeling while Tera is almost so Asian it hurts...but it's flat out not as good :squint: Not to mention Tera comes out a full fakkin 2 weeks before D3........I hate you blizzard, I truly do....

http://youtu.be/H1fgWb8xhUg

2. iRaiseTheDead

iRaiseTheDead Ashes Of Rebirth

That actually looks pretty sweet!

3. Qweklain

Qweklain SS.org Regular

Tera is better than Diablo 3? That is like saying a Chevy Coablt is better than a Kia Sportage. If you do not understand my metaphor, they are nothing alike at all.

Tera is clearly just another generic Korean MMO (I am not bashing it), while Diablo is not. Keep in mind when I say MMO, I mean what an MMO was originally meant for, which was games like Everquest, World of Warcraft, and all the other 70,000 games like that in existence these days, not just simply a game with many people playing online.

4. TheBigGroove

^apples and oranges bud I was simply stating an opinion

5. The Uncreator

The Uncreator Control The Sun

Mass Effect 3 > Battlefield 3 > Skyrim > Dark Souls > Diablo III > Korean MMO's

:)

6. TheBigGroove

awww I apparently hurt this poor fanboy's feelings...thanks for the neg rep little-guy :fawk:

7. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

@ the OP: frankly, Qweklain is right. You're comparing an asian MMO to a western hack & slash. Might as well compare Half-Life to Angry Birds. It's pointless and only serves to mislead people.

8. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

Aww, apparently you won't be posting for a week.

I hope that doesn't hurt your feelings.

9. pink freud

pink freud SS.org Regular

No, there is basis in the comparison.

Unlike the vast majority of MMOs Tera falls under the category of "Action MMO" in which the mechanics are truer to the input of the player. You press block and you block, you press dodge and you dodge. Ranged attacks actually require aiming of all things!

I'm guessing a lot of the MMO market won't go for it. They are too used to "stand here and press these buttons in this order. Stay out of the fire." Tera and other action MMOs are too active for such people. But for people who play Diablo, God of War and the like this sort of gamelplay will be familiar.

10. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Fair enough. To be honest though, I didn't exactly get that impression in the gameplay videos I watched. Honestly, the biggest selling point of the game seemed to be hot female character models. It looked like the MMO equivalent of DOA Beach Volleyball. :lol:

11. ArkaneDemon

ArkaneDemon SS.org Regular

That actually sounds pretty cool, to be honest. I can dig it. Don't know if I WILL dig it, because I get very easily addicted to MMOs, and since I'm in university it will really destroy me:lol:

But yeah I'm glad that they're going to put in blocking and dodging and actual "skill" into MMOs, as opposed to the hey I'm going to stand here and click 1 2 3 4 5 every once in a while and hope that I have better gear than the other guy.

12. Daiephir

Daiephir likes peanut butter

Well if Mr. Freud says is true, but you dont want to get into an MMO, try Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, lots of dodging attacks and the likes, looks pretty fun.

13. pink freud

Or just get/continue playing Skyrim if you don't want to play with other people.

Got my Sword'n'board Redguard up to 25 last night. Only up to Orcish armor and I'm already nearly invincible while blocking :lol:

14. Daiephir

Daiephir likes peanut butter

KoA:R is a single player game dude

15. pink freud

I know.

It's Skyrim-lite.

16. Qweklain

Qweklain SS.org Regular

Not that it matters at all, but I did not neg-rep you. I never have negged anyone, and never will unless the post is a direct insult to me as a person, not my opinion. Opinions are just that, an opinion, and are not always going to be agreed with.