Tell me about Amt Legends

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by FILTHnFEAR, Feb 25, 2018.

1. FILTHnFEAR

FILTHnFEAR Dread it, run from it....

Recently realized that apparently these pedals, or at least the 2nd versions, are capable of being used as a 2 channel preamp in which you're able to run one output for cleans and the other for gain. But how exactly?

Would it be say, into the FX return of my amp for gain and the output for the front of my amp for cleans? Using whatever pedals I want for each output?

At least that is my understanding at this point. Am I correct?

And if this is indeed how they work it could be exactly what I've been needing. An alternative to an expensive midi switching system.

Seems that the Vt2(the VHT/Fryette clone) which would easily be my first choice is discontinued and hard to come by, so I'm stuck between the P2, D2, or E2. I'm leaning P2 as I've never owned a 5150 variant but I'm not sure. Which of those 3 thumps the hardest?

What do you guys think?

2. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

You can use multiple outputs if you want. If you use the preamp output (into fx return) the footswirch toggles between drive channel and clean channel.

If you use the drive output into the front of your amp, the footswitch is just a true bypass like any normal pedal.

The clean channel is pretty basic, fixed eq so the pedal eq does not affect the clean channel. But the little clean boost button does give it a mid bump if you’re into that.

I have the K2 and R2, they are pretty legit into my 2/50/2 poweramp. They take boosts well. I haven’t bothered to try them into my recto poweramp yet.

I’m not really a fan of the drive pedal out into the front end of a clean amp, then again I didn’t tweak it much, I just tried it out for like a minute and then went back to preamp out > poweramp in.

Spaced Out Ace and FILTHnFEAR like this.
  3. Beheroth

Beheroth SS.org Regular

I think you're talking about the first series wich could be used as an extra channel on any amp with an fx loop by using the preamp's own fx loop. The second serie has just 1 input and 3 different output : one with cab sim, one for a poweramp and one for running into a clean channel.

Wolfhorsky and FILTHnFEAR like this.
  4. FILTHnFEAR

Right on mnemonic, that's what was hoping to hear. I think this will be perfect. At least for the time being. Been dying for an easier way to switch everything.

And I've been wanting a different flavor of gain than my H&K just because. So this takes care of that too.

I know the companies but does anyone know specifically what models the B2, E2, and D2 emulate? Or are they just the basic character of the brand in general?

5. rexbinary

rexbinary MOD King

I tried using the F1 with my 5153 LBX using 4CM to add a pseudo clean channel. It was a failure. There was tons of crazy noise that couldn't be dialed out. Buy from a place that will let you return in case you have the same issue as me.

6. FILTHnFEAR

That sucks to hear. But if I get one it will be from GC for their return policy.

7. FILTHnFEAR

That sucks to hear. But if I get one it will be from GC for their return policy.

8. geetar_geek79

geetar_geek79 SS.org Regular

4CM method can bring in noise, but I can usually fix them by inserting an isolator (like Ebtech/Morley hum eliminator) between the amp input and the send of my AMT. Mine works great, btw. I use a Ceriatone and F1.

9. FILTHnFEAR

I'm just going to pull the trigger on one, as it sounds like what I need, but not sure between the P2 and D2.

Heard a couple places that the D2 needs a boost to get tight, is it the same for the P2?

Does the P2 thump similar to a read 5150?