TC Electronics G Major vs G Major 2 vs Digitech GSP1101

zenshin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm back again to pester you all into convincing me what the best gear move would be for me. I'm trying to decide what is the best move for me in terms of a rack effects unit. To restate the obvious from the title, I'm looking at the following...

1. TC Electronics G Major or G Major 2
2. Digitech GSP1101

The plan is to use the 4 cable method in conjunction with my Engl E530 and Mesa 50/50 PA. In this case I am all about the effects. Don't need amp sims. Just glorious effects. I'll need a diverse list; filters, chorus, flange, phase, delay, octave, etc. One major priority for me will be a good pitch shift/whammy effect as I have been using my actual whammy pedal a fair bit in recording, would like to find something that comes reasonably close when used with a foot controller like a FCB1010 or whatever else.

As always, I'm open to other options in a similar price range, as long as they have amp control for an easy 4 cable method setup. I would be curious if any of Lexicon's products can be set up this way.

Thanks for taking the time to read this folks. I really do appreciate everything.

chopeth

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm back again to pester you all into convincing me what the best gear move would be for me. I'm trying to decide what is the best move for me in terms of a rack effects unit. To restate the obvious from the title, I'm looking at the following...

1. TC Electronics G Major or G Major 2
2. Digitech GSP1101

The plan is to use the 4 cable method in conjunction with my Engl E530 and Mesa 50/50 PA. In this case I am all about the effects. Don't need amp sims. Just glorious effects. I'll need a diverse list; filters, chorus, flange, phase, delay, octave, etc. One major priority for me will be a good pitch shift/whammy effect as I have been using my actual whammy pedal a fair bit in recording, would like to find something that comes reasonably close when used with a foot controller like a FCB1010 or whatever else.

As always, I'm open to other options in a similar price range, as long as they have amp control for an easy 4 cable method setup. I would be curious if any of Lexicon's products can be set up this way.

Thanks for taking the time to read this folks. I really do appreciate everything.

I was looking for an unit with the same applications as you do and finally bought the 1101. So far I'm glad because I previously owned a RP1000 I was satisfied with for the same purposes, but I wanted to be able to control my amp via MIDI, and that's what I'm going to try with the GSP. I don't have my amp here because I'm out for Christmas but meanwhile, I'm starting to enjoy the huge possibilities of the 1101, loading IRs. I hope it helps

Furthermore, I've read the 1101 is better than the Gmajor in several forums. I found one second hand for 300€ including the control2 (very important) and just bought it.

zenshin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was looking for an unit with the same applications as you do and finally bought the 1101. So far I'm glad because I previously owned a RP1000 I was satisfied with for the same purposes, but I wanted to be able to control my amp via MIDI, and that's what I'm going to try with the GSP. I don't have my amp here because I'm out for Christmas but meanwhile, I'm starting to enjoy the huge possibilities of the 1101, loading IRs. I hope it helps

Furthermore, I've read the 1101 is better than the Gmajor in several forums. I found one second hand for 300€ including the control2 (very important) and just bought it.

Hey I appreciate this, your positive experience with the GSP1101 will be adding up in my mind.

I should also note that I have stumbled on to an incredible looking deal for a GMajor2. Never gigged, studio used only, looks mint. Price looks outstanding so now the pressure for me really is on... do I go ahead and take advantage of the deal and move on the GMajor2 or wait and go for the GSP1101 instead. Decisions decisions...

Speaking of the Ground Control, there is a high possibility I'll actually be building my own midi controller for my rig using this: http://www.midicpu.com/

Just need to see when they become available again. Would be really nice because then I could just tailor my controller to my needs.

zenshin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There's a GSP1101 with Control 2 in the classifieds here... just saying.

Hey I appreciate your letting me know! However, I have made the judgment call that the GMajor2 is the better fit for my needs. Already put in the order.

That being said, that's a phenomenal deal for the GSP1101 + Control 2. If someone is looking for a GSP1101 they would be crazy to turn that deal down. I would post a link in this thread to guide people to the post but I'm not sure if I'd be breaking any rules (yeah... I need to brush up on the forum rules I suppose). But hopefully someone will come through soon.

NeubyWanKaneuby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey I appreciate your letting me know! However, I have made the judgment call that the GMajor2 is the better fit for my needs. Already put in the order.

That being said, that's a phenomenal deal for the GSP1101 + Control 2. If someone is looking for a GSP1101 they would be crazy to turn that deal down. I would post a link in this thread to guide people to the post but I'm not sure if I'd be breaking any rules (yeah... I need to brush up on the forum rules I suppose). But hopefully someone will come through soon.

Thanks! Make sure you report back on the GM2. I have been interested in them in the past, but just never pulled the trigger.

zenshin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Absolutely, I'll likely do a NGD thread once it comes in and I can then give my initial impressions on it. I'm both anxious and excited to try it out once it comes in. I'm hoping I made the right call.

For what it's worth, here is the promotional video that helped to sell me on it.

zenshin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This too, didn't hurt that it had an Engl E530 in it so I could see them working together. :lol:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
That e530/gmajor2/rocktron is probably one of the most efficient rigs you can get for the money. There are others but this one is pretty good.

Latest posts