Taking recommendations for BKP re-wind

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by glassmoon0fo, Jul 25, 2019.

1. glassmoon0fo

glassmoon0fo Some Say...

Hey guys,

I’m the original owner of Strandberg M2M #49, and after selling it 5 years ago and hunting it down ever since, I FINALLY have it back. Couldn’t be happier, except that my tastes have changed considerably and the slanted BKP Warpigs i have in it are no longer what I’m really looking for. They’re just a bit MUCH in pretty much every respect under gain, and I’ve spent the last few years playing Ionizers and Fishman Abasi models, so I’m looking for recommendations on BKPs that may fit a bit closer to that profile. Definitely looking for something smoother with less “hair” on the top end and less boom in the bottom, and frankly I’ve been out of pickup y’all for half a decade and totally forget the vast amount of knowledge I gained on the subject here half a decade ago. Help a brotha out!

I believe mine was one of the earlier 8 string models with slanted pickups from them, and I’m not sure if the standard model has changed or not, which is why I’m looking at a rewind and not completely new pickups, but I’ll take any knowledge on the subject that you guys may have. Also would consider other company’s that would do slanted pickups and gold pole pieces.

Thanks!

2. glassmoon0fo

glassmoon0fo Some Say...

Anybody? Experience with BKPs for cool splitting? Recommendations in the 8 string models?

3. BigViolin

BigViolin breakfast foods

I've found BKP to be really quick and helpful when it comes to recs. The only BKPs I have in an ERG are pigs and they work in a really bright neck thru but could see them being a little much in something else. I like the Holy Diver in a 6. I don't know any others but have always wanted to try an A-bomb or Cold Sweat.

If you wanted to go with someone stateside I'd shoot Elysian an email and describe what you are looking for. I think he still does rewinds.