Tabs on Sevenstring

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Grickman, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Grickman

Grickman SS.org Regular

hey everyone - newbie here. is there a spot on sevenstring to share tabs? I am about 90% complete with the guitar transcription of "Open" by Olly Steele on GP and thought I would share it.

2. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

There’s no repository per se (that I know of) but some people will make their own thread in the Music Theory Lessons and Techniques subforum. You’d label it something like, “Grickman’s tabs,” or something.
    A tab repository WOULD be cool, though.

3. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

Just share it to ultimateguitar and link it here

A tab section would be cool but it’s becoming a legal problem now that it’s being enforced. ultimate guitar have to pay royalties to artists for sharing tabs of their songs. They also have to block all tabs when an artist requests it.

4. iamaom

iamaom SS.org Regular

No where else to post this, but I hate that website. I've seen stories from various forums over the years where peoples' tabs are deleted and show up months later as an unaccredited, official premium tab. The website is also getting more and more difficult to use, and there's no way to disable that stupid in-browser player that pushes the download button to the very bottom of the page. I also have no idea why so many record labels and musicians get so fucking salty over bedroom warriors wanting to learn their music, most of these bands don't even release official tabs/sheet music and when they do it's often more inaccurate than what fans come up with.

feilong29, works0fheart and Kaura like this.
  5. Grickman

Grickman SS.org Regular

Hah. To be fair, I've bought tabs from sheet happens and they have been wrong .

Thx for the responses everyone!