T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher SS.org Regular

As we're on about reboots of cartoons I loved as a kid. I been watching the Ducktales reboot with my 5 yr old daughter, she loves it and I gotta say it's really really good. David Tennant as Scrooge is a great bit of casting. Some episodes are quite dark but the story telling is really great. Def worth a watch even if you don't have the excuse of having kids as your reason!
    Also, it still one of the best TV theme tunes of all time!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  2. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace $$60,000,000,000

To elaborate on this and my earlier comment: I had assumed (you know what they say about assuming) that everyone had pretty much seen this image below.

[​IMG]

As such, I didn't go into the explanation of the image I used above. A user of had taken out the lipstick and flippy undercut hairdo to see what the character design would look like, and posted it because it is basically a male character design. Teela is also scripted as a male character.

It seems not everyone had seen the original image and thus didn't realize the second image was yadda yadda, so I apologize if I mislead or confused anyone. Just felt like I needed to explain that better, but couldn't when I responded to Knight because I was on a tablet instead of my computer.

3. Spaced Out Ace

There was a Duck Tales reboot? Huh... never heard of it. I would guess that it is likely on Disney+, and I'm none too fond of giving Disney more money.

Seriously, though? Did you have to mention the damn theme song? :lol:

4. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

Hilarity would ensue when they crossed over with the cast of Rock of Ages.

My expectation for any Netflix produced nostalgia shows is abysmally low since I made the mistake of watching the first two "segments" of the new Transformers cartoon. Holy crap is that a travesty. I could do a blow by blow of how little anyone involved must care to put this dumpster fire together, but I've wasted more time than it's worth in just mentioning it.

As such, I had zero faith in the He-Man/Masters reboot(s).

I think the fact Voltron was sorta/kinda pretty acceptable went to their heads, and they decided they had the capability of producing every eighties property at that level. I think we're seeing the end result of that hubris with shit like Transformers and the Masters of the Universe. It's just hollow trash produced to be produced.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  5. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

the first couple seasons of Voltron was pretty good. The last couple seasons were unwatchable.

6. nightflameauto

Guess I lost track of it. I had picked up the first couple to watch, and then the show got buried in my list and I stopped. Probably for the best.

7. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

So I watched the rest of the He-Man episodes. Meh.... Meh.
    - Some of the parts and plot twists were cool but the show should have been called Teela because it seems to really be all about her, her being butt hurt over being kept in the dark, and her unspoken sexual tension with her freind.

- The fact He Man or even Prince Adam and Skeletor was practically non-existant sucked, but some of the graphics/CGI at times was really nice and some of the kill shots were cool even though it's not bloody.
    - The only reason I kept watching was I had to keep something on while doing something else. Glad I watched it til the end though because at least the end is a good twist. Probably not gonna watch next season unless I'm sick and bored.
    - Side notes; Man-At-Arms is a badass. That would be good to make a series about him.

- For a childrens/family cartoon it takes it pretty far in terms of what they could probably get away with. - I also suspect they made Teela gay suddenly and it just seems like they did it just because? Since when is Teela gay? They never confirmed it and not that it matters but it feels kinda like they just put it in there for no reason at all other than to be PC or something. I never thought of Teela as gay before. This season was way to much about her. Like it was 90% about her being butt hurt.

8. Spaced Out Ace

No, no, no. You're just a fake fan. This was all about He-Man; it was DARK and WAY metal! Grow the fuck up!

Literally shit Kevin Smith has told people who found his version of He-Man to be garbage. Why was Prince Adam turned into a second rate Link? Imagine conning people into a show with the first trailer focusing on the two more popular characters, then turning into a smug cunt when you get called out for the bait and switch that everyone knew was coming, but he lied about for a year or more.

No worries, though. Mr. "I can't even be bothered to drive to meet up, so I had the producer come to my house" is already moving on and doing Clerks III. I hope it bombs.

Same vibes:
    upload_2021-7-26_11-39-14.png

[​IMG]

c7spheres likes this.
  9. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

I hope they take all the negative feedback and make it metal. - Some of it is pretty cool but it's like there's only one or two cool things per episode. The rest is Teela working on her trust issues or something. We get it already, she's butt hurt they didn't tell her. It ain't 5 episodes worth of material. :rofl:

10. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

He's the Jonny Hiland of directors.

11. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Pfsh, you're way way way way off-base.

They also removed the eyeliner.

upload_2021-7-26_12-21-34.png

12. Spaced Out Ace

They should've just shitcanned it and started over from scratch.

Uh, sure thing.

c7spheres likes this.
  13. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

In case it wasn't clear, my outrage was meant as sarcasm. It was meant to further minimalize the other change you didn't list, the eyeliner.

14. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

OK ...I watched he-man. Reading this thread, I thought eh, they have to be overreacting.

But... no. That was not a he-man show. That was indeed the Teela show. I don't have any issues with her character design though. I dig the cyberpunk short do.

But ..... that shouldn't have been called He-man.

15. Spaced Out Ace

I prefer the depictions in the 1983 original and the 2002 reboot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've joked with my girlfriend every time Teela does something in the original, "How can she do that? She doesn't have muscles or a scowl! She's not strong!"

16. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher SS.org Regular

Finished Master of the Universe. It does get better by the end and its not the hurricane sh1tshow some are saying, there are some good ideas and ep4 is the best of the 5, Lena Headey's Evil Lynn is actually really good and Man at Arm's is bad ass! But there is a lot of wasted potential and the double twist is like FFS whatever, shock for shock sake.

In complete opp I restarted season 1 of True Detective. Not watched it since it originally aired but it is still just next level genius television. Its def for me one of the best written, directed and acted shows of all time.

BlackMastodon, Randy and Seabeast2000 like this.
  17. Randy

Randy Tony Lazuto?! Super Moderator

Just finished watching Relentless on Discovery+. That was a bit of a mind fuck.

18. nightflameauto

The Outpost - great, self-aware, semi-comedic fantasy schtick. If a sci-fi/fantasy show can't have a "do anything we want" level budget, this is the way you do it. Let the characters be characters, and let the story play out against what little special effects you can afford, while making it abundantly clear that this is fantasy fans having a field day with their favorite subjects.

19. Spaced Out Ace

Now Kevin is lying saying part two has two brutal He-Man vs Skelegod battles. Lmao

20. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

Started Westworld, it's getting a bit too Nolanesque, hope it clears up in season 2.