T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

Yeah, I'm sure the show was shot like 1917, the movie..though it appears to be a single ace e, there HAS to be multiple shots, especially when it's showing so many people running around, in massive crowds, and it truely shows just.how chaotic the entire scene was.

2. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Was looking for a fun-happy sitcom type show and remembered the show “Happy Endings” is on Netflix. Think “the new girl” but a bit more goofy. It’s just fun background tv/Tv while playing on your phone or talking. Hard to believe it came out in 2012 as it feels more “modern”. Until someone whips out an actual physical digital camera, lol.

soliloquy likes this.
  3. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

My favourite part about that episode is that it starts with Darlene saying to Eliot, "we don't have to talk if you don't want to," and then the whole thing proceeds without any dialogue between the 2.

I love just about everything about that series but it really made me appreciate Sam Esmail as a director and I'm definitely interested in anything that he's attached to.

We watched Homecoming last summer and enjoyed the first season, but haven't checked out season 2.

soliloquy likes this.
  4. MFB

MFB Banned

Finished S1/2 of Brockmire, I honestly had NO idea it went on for four seasons total, I thought it was like those two and done; feel a little stupid now but oh well, it's only 8 episodes a season, and Richard Kind is in the next one. RICHARD KIND!

5. USMarine75

USMarine75 Colorless green ideas sleep furiously Contributor

Finished Shadow and Bone. Fantastic show and great cliffhanger for s2.

Re-watching The Orville. The show is even better the second time around. It's funny enough without being slapstick goofy (similar to shows like After Life). The plots are well-written and complex like a "Star Trek" series should be. The characters are well developed. I just don't get why it wasn't more loved. I can't wait for the eventual 3rd season.

Also just started watching I Think You should Leave. Seems like every episode has at least one skit that is literally laugh out loud funny.

6. Choop

Choop n______n

Just started watching The Expanse last night, and my initial impression is pretty mixed just after having watched two episodes. I'm normally a sucker for space sci-fi stuff and I appreciate a lot of the sci-fi details about the show, but I'm just not vibing with these characters at all.

zappatton2 likes this.
  7. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire L'enfant sausage

The first season is really slow to get into, but it's worth powering through the first couple of episodes. That's when it starts to get way more interesting.

+1 to Orville and Shadow and Bone. Great shows

Finished watching Cursed. Pretty meh. The dialogue is horrible at times, and the fight scenes are slow and sad. CG is wonky in spots. The practical effects (like when they're pulling a vine out of a dude's throat, or a sword hidden in a guys chest) are really good though. It's a cool take on the Arthurian legends but the execution just isn't there.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Choop likes this.
  8. Steo

Steo SS.org Regular

Currently watching The war of the world's. The recent French/English version. Very dark, but really good.

9. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

A new season of Van Helsing is on Netflix.

Why do I keep watching this show? It's so terrible, but I can't stop.

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  10. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire L'enfant sausage

Yellowstone. Kickass modern western series like Longmire or Justified written by Taylor Sheridan (Sicario/Wind River). I binged the first 2 seasons in a weekend. Literally one of my only critiques is the fly fishing scenes, which are cringe inducing if you know a damn thing about fly fishing ( still not as bad as A River Runs Through It though)

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  11. Protestheriphery

Protestheriphery SS.org Regular

Beavis and Butthead, Herman's Head, Dream On.

12. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

That right there is a trifecta of win.

The girl in Herman's Head is now playing Jared Padalecki's mom on the new Walker. Every time I see her on screen I think of Herman's Head.

13. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

Loki- was ok I guess. think I'm just marvel'd out a bit.

watching last season of superstore. still got laughs in it , but def feels like its lost a little mojo compared to the rest

handmaidens tale- on the second season. great show. depressing but great. it slow going as my wife can only handle 1 episode every few days .it fucks with her

Killing eve- on 3rd season, I enjoyed the first 2, 3rd is dragging a little so far .We'll keep at it though

14. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

Straight up 1993?

15. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Invincible. If Marvel style heroes were done without a PG13 filter. Only 4 episodes in but I like it.

16. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace $$60,000,000,000

I can't wait to see Netflix's Tee-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Estrogenation. Should be a real hoot.

PS: Fuck you, Kevin Smith.

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  17. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Help me out...I haven't seen it, but I'm super excited. What am I missing? I've only seen one trailer.

18. Spaced Out Ace

Clownfish: "Sources say this is the Teela show, she has a girlfriend, He-Man takes a backseat."
    Kevin: "That's a lie! Not true"
    Kevin: "I'm a huge He-Man fan, especially in 81-82."
    Also Kevin, prior: "I was never a He-Man fan"; "I'm not really much of a He-Man fan."

/Several months later sbsp.meme

"Basically, this is Teela's show."

Womp womp womp.

Go in SUPER SUPER low expectations. Fuck Kevin Smith, and fuck Tee-Man.

https://twitter.com/thatstarwarsgrl/status/1417945759219994624?s=20

19. Spaced Out Ace

Annndddd... it is even worse than the leaks, some of them from March (that Kevin Smith lied and said wasn't true), led anyone willing to listen to believe.

They conned people to tune in for the "WHOA ANAIMATIONZ IS GREATZ0RZ!" only to stab the fans in the back. The ol bait and switch rope-a-dope rouse.

20. Randy

Randy Tony Lazuto?! Super Moderator

Haven't been following this but it sounds like Charlie's Angels/Ghostbusters/Birds of Prey/WW83-itis. Re-imagine existing source material as woke for the sake of being woke and satisfy nobody. Go make your own awesome story about that stuff and let it stand on it's own. It comes across as petty and demeaning to have to use an existing franchise as a crutch for a current socio-political thing.

It's funny how much you hear about how caveman-like pre-woke culture was. And in ways, some things were but they were even cringey at the time anyway. But tons of shows or movies or novels or plays with protagonists that were female, minority, gay, trans, some combination of those things, etc. or had a diverse cast because that's just how it was written organically.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.