T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

Was the 100 the space kids who go back to earth because they were naughty?

2. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

Yes. And it got so weird in the last couple seasons you know the writers were partaking of some chemical substances.

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  3. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

I wonder how they'd handle Mojo Jojo. *bong rip*

4. nightflameauto

He's dead and the girls feel massive guilt over it for some reason.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  5. Seabeast2000

I don't think I made it past the Acid Fog that was blocked by a half buried VW bus or something. Oh and the Acid Fog didn't hurt the forest or the VW bus IIRC.

6. nightflameauto

The black bloods stories were some of the weirdest. And of COURSE Clark gets to be one, because why not?

I did enjoy the crazy computer bitch. She was a great story driver, if a detestable character.

7. BlackMastodon

I think that's about as far as I got in the show. Aside from some super lame CW-isms that were expected, Clark being one of the black bloods was when it started getting too off the rails for me.

8. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace $$60,000,000,000

Watching Wormwood on Netflix, which is pretty interesting. It's about the acid experiments the CIA were doing, which supposedly resulted in Frank Olson's death.

9. nightflameauto

You missed out on a at least a season and some change of timey-whimey, multi-dimensional fuckery that resulted in humanity "ascending" (which they never truly explain) and Clark getting stuck with the remaining bad kids and friends they picked up along the way un-ascended (which they never truly explain).

Clark should have been left alone, maybe, MAYBE given the dog. But getting to chill with the gang was way too happy-happy, joy-joy of an ending after all the shit that show threw at the screen. The story itself was medium dark and the ending was medium sunshine.

Oh, the main dude in the settlement they came across on that other planet late in the game, can't think of his name now, he plays one hell of a Junkie Jesus in Mayans. Wait, I think they called him Meth Messiah. Whichever, he's hilariously off the rails nuts in it, and it plays perfectly on-screen. Great actor that's taken the shit roles he's been given and elevated them into something special. The wrong person in those roles would be an absolute joke. But he gets to play it silly and still comes across sinister. Truly a gift.

10. MFB

MFB Banned

Whoops, never updated this after I started it. Finished it about three days later since it's only 7 episodes. I really enjoyed 1-4 but then it sort of fizzled out from 5-6, and 7 wraps it up really quickly, so the pacing is odd in the 3rd act. Not bad but it could've ended on a higher note for myself.

I also just recently rewatched Barry S1 and for the first time ever, finally watched season 2. Just wow. I really enjoy Bill Hader's work, and this continued to remind me why, especially when they did the after episode commentaries. I'm curious to see where S3 goes, and whether or not the S4 that was written during quarantine will come to fruition (most likely).

11. nightflameauto

I miss Barry. That show has a lot of great individual parts that somehow still come together to make a bitter whole than it has any right to.

I dug Mare, but it did sorta go weird in the last act.

For anybody not paying attention, Handmaid's Tale is finally headed down the path of retribution it's been foretelling the entire time it's been on. June rage-ranting Serena was epic, and her interactions with Fred while in Canada have lead to one of the best character wraps in all television history. It'll be interesting to see what they do with June at this point, as it's obvious her and Luke aren't gonna hang with the happy family bullshit. Fuck Luke anyway. "Just get over it" isn't really good advice for somebody that's gone through what she's gone through.

FWIW, I hope she rides roughshod over Gillead so hard it ends up a wasteland for centuries to come.

12. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

getting through Sweet Tooth. think we are half way . enjoying it .I understand the comic is way darker than the show. but its still pretty dark in spots

also up to date with Godfather of Harlem. solid show. good cast and I like they have tied it all in to making a comment on racism.

13. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I accidentally posted this in the movie thread, but after years of stopping and starting the final season, I finally just finished Mr. Robot last night. And, uhh, all of the questions. ALL of the questions.

soliloquy and BlackMastodon like this.
  14. BlackMastodon

The whole series was so damn good. Great payoff, even if it was a mindfuck.

Hollowway likes this.
  15. Seabeast2000

Love Sex Robots 2nd season:
    Fun stories, not quite as "full" as the most of the stories as the first season, I guess. But the animation is always interesting. I do wonder if any of these stories spawn or will spawn full length movies or series because the worlds are fascinating imo.

16. Seabeast2000

Also just started Black Summer 2nd season, IDK wtf is going on but its %100 kinetic and haven't made it through the first ep yet.

17. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

I'm in the middle of the Expanse season 5. Man that show is good.

18. Matt08642

Matt08642 SS.org Regular

Welp, finished Season 11, what an unsatisfying nonsense finale that was. Oh well, good thing Lip spent 2 entire seasons hammering walls and "fixing up the house"

19. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

for me, it was such a strongly profound show. Sadly, I dont get to hear about this show all that often. It just gets lost behind.

what i loved about the series is that at least one episode per season was dedicated on trying something new.
    Cant remember the seasons, but two episodes come to mind:
    1) the ENTIRE episode is shot with one continuous scene. No cuts, no change of scene, its just one camera continuing to move around on various floors, up, below, etc. Yes, its not one continuous scene, but you cant tell. I know how difficult this is to do in editing, and acting as well, and it was done so smoothly and seemlessly. I also loved how the camera would pan from standard view (at eye level), to birds eye (above the characters), to jump OUTSIDE of the building, and then back through the elevator etc.

2) the entire episode was spent without a single word communicated between ANY of the characters. nothing said in the background, foreground, or even in thoughts. Just a chance through the computer buildings, down a slope, away from cops, etc.

in my opinion, its a technical masterpiece.

i'm sure other seasons also had some sort of technical fuckery that was super creative, but i'm forgetting that currently.

20. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace $$60,000,000,000

Hitchcock would be proud if it were actually one continuous scene. Chances are though that the cuts are cleverly done to conceal that there is a cut. John Carpenter did this at the beginning of Halloween, and there is indeed at least one, if not two cuts.

soliloquy likes this.