T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Finished it yesterday myself. Agreed it was the strongest season and ends the seires in a high note.

2. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

I finished it last night. There was only a couple of minor things that bugged me, but I'll keep those to myself so I don't spoil anything.

It's hard for me to pick which season was the best season. Maybe 1 or 2.

Despite the couple of minor things that bugged me in that last season, it ended strong. Great series overall. I'll watch it again for sure.

3. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Well I wouldn't say season two of blood sex and robots sucked, but it was nowhere near as good as the first season. Eight episodes versus eighteen, first season had far more variety and better music. 98% of the gratuitous violence, gore, and nudity of season one were nowhere to be found.

spudmunkey likes this.
  4. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

amazing show

Watched it all and loved it, yeah its dark and depressing, but heh , welcome to the world

my wife thinks the 2nd last episode is actually the finale .that he actually dies and the finale is a sarcastic comment on tv shows in general , I'm 50/50

zappatton2 likes this.
  5. Steo

Steo SS.org Regular

We finished season Season 11 of Taskmaster. Really gotten into it this year, waiting that Season plus older ones plus the podcast

6. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

watches finale of shameless and whatever

On the plus I actually likes what they did with Frank. it was a fitting finish.

but everyone else. what the fuck ?

who actually introduces new story lines and characters , to the last ever episode of a show, that go completely no where?

Debbie's going to Texas, carl is gonna run the bar , Lip is thinking about using his brain again , they selling the houses cheap, Ian wants kids , where is liam going again .Kev and V don't want to sell the bar anymore ?

all of this shitwas introduced in the finale episode with no actual resolution or discernable plot !

7. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

Modok. Watched first episode on Disney. I know nothing about the character other than messing with him in marvel vs capcom 3.

it had some good laughs in it. Very much in the , if you like nerdy robot chicken skits the you'll dig it. And I dig it.

Mathemagician likes this.
  8. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Ok I changed my mind. If the first season never existed, season two would be fine. When compared to the first season, the second season sucks. I definitely do not get the "wtf did I just watch" feeling after season two. It just seems like they gutted almost everything that made the series unique and interesting.

9. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

You guys watching/watched Startup (on Netflix)? Damn, that is a good show! It was made by Crackle, so I didn’t expect it to be particularly good, but it’s one of my favorite series ever so far. Lots of action, and great characters.

10. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Superstore on Hulu.

mongey likes this.
  11. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

We have been smashing superstore the last couple months. Only got a few left on the last season. It’s a good show. Pretty consistent high quality through all the seasons.

Mathemagician likes this.
  12. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

The remaining episodes of Lucifer season 5 were released. Season 6 will be the final one. I always like when shows I watch have preplanned endings... there's nothing worse than having no closure. Battlestar Galactica was one of the first shows I know of where the ending was negotiated several seasons in advance, so everything could build up to a proper ending. I wish it happened more often.

13. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Been tearing through Handmade's Tale. It's surprisingly good and really intense. Solid characters and no filler, so far.

spudmunkey likes this.
  14. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Lego Masters (on Fox/Hulu). Imagine Fox's Master Chef, but it's about Lego, hosted by Will Arnette. It's a good feel-good time, and unlike so many fashion or cooking/cake decorating shows where someone is absolutely out of their element, they all clearly have some real Lego talent, and was truly impressed by basically every piece built by every contestant.

I also appreciated that they got the "legos/lego" joke out of the way at nearly the first joke of the show, and never revisited it again.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    USMarine75 and Mathemagician like this.
  15. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Dark Side of the Ring. Docuseries on some of the, err, darker stories in wrestling. Watching the Grizzly Adams episode. I’m at the part where Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts talks about his mom, and I had to pause it because I was truly disturbed.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  16. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

I believe that was his Step Mom, as -- if memory serves -- the other siblings are half related.

17. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Alone. Like Naked and Affraid, but they can stay clothed and bring 10 items, and they are trying to survive 100 days in way harsher conditions, it seems.

Hollowway likes this.
  18. MFB

MFB Banned

Started watching Mare of Easttown yesterday, I'm really into it. It's weird seeing Evan Peters show up in this and look INFINTELY older than he ever did; like, suddenly me and EP aren't too far off in age weird :lol:

19. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

All I know if, I finished the episode, and wanted to curl into fetal position in the corner.

20. MFB

MFB Banned

Oh shit, Dark Side of the Ring is still going? I only saw S1, I didn't even realize there was a 2 or 3, but I loved the original series so I'll have to check those out.