T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

just finished re-watching The Good Place.

Apparently, when we watched it the first time, I thought the 2nd last episode was the last. I never saw the last until now. What a unique treat!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  2. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

Just started Tin Star, pretty good start.

3. MFB

MFB Banned

Finished my rewatch of Trigun, as well as season two of The Boys. Season two was wild, felt more calculating than one which was more outright crazy shit to gets you in and now it got to cool off a bit by saving the crazy for big moments. Glad they snuck the deleted scene in as well since they know they have the greenlight for season three already; really curious to see where it goes with how two wrapped up.

Started Monsterland on Hulu, it's very reminiscent of Black Mirror with each episode being it's own contained storyline, but so far only episode three has had a big "oh dang" feeling at the end whereas season one of B.M. made me feel like a piece of shit torturing myself for watching the next episode; but that might also be an unfair comparison because I find S1/2 of Black Mirror to be some of the strongest opening seasons of any shows I've watched, despite how dark they are.

4. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

watched The boys s2 finale.I really liked the season but I have to admit I was a little underwhelmed with the episode and the ending

5. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Haunting of Bly Manor - starts out strong, meanders too much, wastes too much time on some sideplots (probably should have been like 7 episodes), doesn't really have any scares after the first several episodes, but man that finale destroyed me. Really beautiful stuff.

6. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

finished off Utopia on amazon

It was decent. Liked it more towards the end of the season. do I need another season ? probably not

7. r33per

r33per SS.org Regular

Watched The Queen's Gambit on 'Flix. Enjoyed it, so much so I got out my chess set and books again...

8. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

I finally finished The Circle.

9. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

I showed my wife the Golden Girls and she loves it so we watched all of it. Then we checked out Maude which was also cool so we watched that. I found some other show with Beatrice Arthur called Amanda's. I watched 5 mins of the first episode before turning it off. It's a line for line american copy of Fawlty Towers.

10. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Rewatched all of Mr Robot with the gf before we watched season 4 for the first time. The first 2 of seasons were some of our favourite TV, and watching season 3 again made me like it a lot more than the first time around. Loved the ending and the major twist, even if there were a couple minor plot holes, super well written and love Sam Esmail's directing. Easily one of my top 5 series.

USMarine75 likes this.
  11. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

Finally getting a chance to watch The Outsider. Only a few episodes in but I can feel the Stephen Kingyness rising every episode.

12. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

Watching MQ on apple and it’s actually a great show. Really enjoying it.

13. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

My wife started watching during s4. Kept asking who's that? What's wrong with him? Is that a woman or a man? :lol:

She did the same thing with Billions. Had no interest in watching it all the way up through s4. Mid s4 she decided she loved it and so I had to restart from s1.

Btw, I'm rewatching The Pacific and holy S there's Elliot. So I tell my wife hey look "Mr Robot" and my 10 year old says "Chicken".

BlackMastodon likes this.
  14. philkilla

philkilla Baritone Maniac Contributor

MANDOOOOOOO

LordIronSpatula and FILTHnFEAR like this.
  15. MFB

MFB Banned

Apparently I didn't update this after, but yeah, I gave up on Monsterland after 4 episodes and never looked back. Even hearing myself talk about it with others, it's such a disappointment how good it could have been if it wasn't falling over itself trying so hard.

Move on to King of the Hill from the start since I didn't watch it when I was a kid (found it boring as any kid rightfully should), but as an adult it's great. Didn't realize how long it went on for, so I took a break at S8 to watch all of Rick and Morty, which was fun, but god do I want nothing to do with the fanbase. Now I'm back to KotH, pushing through S9-13 to finish the whole thing.

16. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

Me and the wife are halfway through Ted lasso and it’s great.

it’s the show I needed coming to the end of the shit show that is 2020. Just makes you smile.

17. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

Mandolarian and His Dark Materials are both back with their second seasons. So far really enjoying both.

other than that I’ve been making my way through some British comedy shows. Finished IT Crowd + black books and I’m about half way through Mr.Bean. Timeless shows.

18. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

I rewatched all of Nathan for You on HBO and while the show seems dumb there is a lot going on there especially when you see what gets pulled from one episode into the others. The same guy is producing How to with John Wilson and that show is great as well.

spudmunkey likes this.
  19. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

You know how Dumb Starbucks and the pig/goat things got way way bigger than they ever should have? I'm still convinced that Trump's entire 2016 election campaign and presidency was just a season premier filming that got way way out of hand, and they could never air the episode because it just kept going.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020 at 8:01 PM
    SpaceDock likes this.
  20. Quiet Coil

Quiet Coil Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.

The Mandalorian season 2.

I came late to the first season. This one feels almost like an entirely different show, like they cranked things up to 11 - the action and pacing, but the cheese factor as well.

I for one am loving it (what I took to be KOTOR references won me over from the start), but I could see Favreau and Co. losing their way if they get too high on their own stash (ala late-era Lucas and Disney themselves). At this point though, I’d be happy if the mouse house would release a polished theatrical OT and never do anything else SW related again.

On a side note, I enjoyed the “Gallery” episodes (making of basically) more than the first season itself. Some pretty cool techniques and blending of different fx technology going on.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 1:58 AM