T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Daemoniac

Daemoniac Rivethead Magnate. Contributor

Absolutely agreed. You compare it to the way something like Big Bang Theory presents it (which I fucking loathe)... :barf:

2. MFB

MFB SS.org Regular

Just wrapped up season three of Justified, I really didn't give a shit about the plotline that they did with this season; everything with Limestone and his crew suddenly coming out of nowhere but somehow being important despite getting no real backstories, and the Quarell's character - albeit he was played well by whats-his-name - and another use of Wynn Duffy? Now, just move on from them already, they were small timers when we first met them, and now they've become barnacles on the side of something good. Same for Dickie's character, and now he's finally gone it seems, but maybe it's just because I don't find the "character who acts tough and makes to skirt his way out of every situation" very interesting, because after the first few times, you realize the character is plot armor given form. I'm not sure if I'll finish the entire series, the characters are starting to get a bit one dimensional - Raylan is going to always have to shoot someone, Art's always going to be the old, defeated boss, Boyd's going to go back to his old ways of being more and more Boyd and drag Ava down with him, etc...

I did start watching Woke after finishing season three, and while it's not 'haha funny' I'm interested to see where they go with it now that the initial call-to-action arc has happened and the character is in the thick of it.

3. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Yeah Justified was one of those binge-and-ragequit unfinishables

4. MFB

MFB SS.org Regular

Just found out that Michael Rapaport plays a character in S5, yeah, no thanks I'm out

5. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

just got through high score on netflix. A few of the stories I have seen in other doco's but it was worth a watch if your old enough to remember the games

6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire seek your very own sun

Watched the first episode of Raised by Wolves and it's crazy as fuck. There are some blatant references to Ridley Scott's other work like Blade Runner/Alien (noticeably the use of milky white blood for androids). Honestly it's one of the more unique scifi shows I've watched in a long time, it definitely drew me in with the whole technocrat vs religious zealot angle and the surprising amount of practical effects. My only complaint is for certain sequences the CGI is REALLLLY BAD

7. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

I watched it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I have read that the season falls away from the 1st episode but I’m keen to give it a go.

8. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire seek your very own sun

yeah I'm planning on watching all of it once it's out. Right now I'm watching Nightflyers (which is fucking awful).