T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Finally made it to season 20 in my South Park marathon. I'm going to be sad when its over. Watching the entire series gave me a whole new appreciation for the show, and my fiancee became a fan in the process! Win!

In the meantime, Better Call Saul season 2 and Lucha Underground seasons 1 and 2 were added to Netflix, and Archer returns... tomorrow?

2. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

The Black Sails finale was good.

My wife's favourite book.

3. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

Season 2 of Billions. Sgt Brody is even better in this than he was in Homeland.

4. bostjan

Anyone keeping up with Better Call Saul? It seems that Monday's episode was rather decisive.

5. Beefmuffin

Beefmuffin New Boot Goofin

I love BCS! The later start this year was killing me (april vs feb). I enjoyed Monday's episode and I'm really curious to see how all this plays out. Commercials were showing that ol Gus Gus will be a part of this season too.

6. bostjan

I actually loved the episode. People are going crazy about the lack of dialogue in scenes where Mike Ehrmantraut is doing stuff by himself, or, more like disapproving about how long those scenes go. I thought it was perfect for the storytelling in the situation. The scenes with Jimmy tend to have so much dialogue in them anyway, it makes a nice balance.

7. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man

I loved Monday's episode, and my favorite parts were the long drawn out scenes with Mike - brilliant stuff.

8. Beefmuffin

Beefmuffin New Boot Goofin

I too am a huge fan of Mike's scenes. I loved his character in Breaking Bad and was ecstatic to find out we would be getting all his back story through BCS. To be honest, I'm actually really impressed with how they did this show and I would say it's easily on the same tier as Breaking Bad, which I was not expecting when I first heard there was a spin off series about Saul haha.

9. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

Nearly 20 years late on this one, but I just binged through Freaks and Geeks. What a great show!

Meanwhile, I read yesterday that David Milch has delivered a script to HBO for a 2 hour Deadwood movie. I'm really hoping they're able to make it happen.

10. bostjan

Has it been that long? Crap, I'm old!

The show is now doing a pretty good job keeping me in suspense. :lol: I'm sure that I'll be totally fired up by the end of this season, and then I'll feel swindled about whatever cliffhangers are left unresolved.

----------------

Bates Motel is wrapping up. I can't say I'm impressed with their faithfulness to the original story, but the acting is pretty interesting. The guy from Batman who plays the sheriff is really good. I'm probably out in left field with this, but he's the only one I'm really routing for. :lol:

11. Ralyks

Still finished season 2 (considering Breaking Bad is my favorite show and BCS is pretty much just as great, I'm definitely slacking). But I'll take anything Mike-focused.

I just realized I had 8 episodes left in my South Park marathon I started months ago and really need to finish...

12. bostjan

Bates Motel is wrapped up... It was entertaining, and the finale was decent, no surprises, really, IMO, so it didn't blow me away, but overall it served the series well.

Quite a few shows on my list are wrapped up or wrapping up for good soon. I don't mind when they do, because I hate it when good shows backslide to the point where they started out awesome and then got silly and never recovered. If the show has an ending in mind when it starts, then I think there is a better chance of keeping the quality high. :2c:

13. domsch1988

domsch1988 SS.org Regular

After Netflix getting Star Trek, i binge watched TNG in about 4 weeks. Now on to Voyager.

Also, i'm still waiting for Season 2 of The Expanse to hit germany. The first season was beyond great!
    And Season 4 of Sherlock anyone? I've been waiting for months :scream:

Oh and my girlfriend and I started Dragonball Z for our Dinner time. 2 Episodes every evening:yesway:

14. bostjan

Haha, my wife wouldn't watch Dragon Ball Z if you strapped her to a chair in front of the tele and glued her eyelids open. I used to have everything up to the Freeza saga on VHS, but figured I'd never watch them again, especially after DVD took over.

15. domsch1988

domsch1988 SS.org Regular

DBZ is some sweet childhood memorys for my girl :rolleyes: I'm not THAT keen on it, but everything i do with her is fine by me :yesway: We startet getting the BluRay remaster. At least it looks good even if probably 40% is filler stuff :lol:

16. vilk

vilk Very Regular

I'm still on The Original Series. 50+ minute episodes and 30 episode seasons, I feel like I've been watching it forever and I'm not even half way :lol:

17. Ralyks

I've thrown on Scrubs at night after finding out they're removing it from Netflix on Tuesday. It was one of mine and my fiancees favorite comfort shows :( Don't judge...

18. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

This is horrible news. :noplease:

I love Scrubs.

19. MFB

MFB Banned

I don't trust anyone who DOESN'T like Scrubs, I mean all eight seasons of it are pure gold.

20. Ralyks

Good answer :lol: