T.V. shows you've been watching

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Watching ST s4, mainly because of ROBERT FUCKING ENGLUND, and I gotta say: Eleven is a BORING, dreadful character. The B plot with her being a "superhero" again and whatever else is just awful. Max, Nancy, Robin, Steve, Dustin, and that plot is MUCH more interesting.

mongey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Caught the end of Kenobi. It's really dumb and pointless. It's incredible that this is the story they wanted to tell, when it's so incredibly needless and doesn't actually advance anything about the characters involved.
I don’t disagree. Feels like they thought if they chucked a bunch of Vader stuff in there people would lose their shit like they did with Luke in mando. But mando had much more to it. The Luke stuff was just icing on the cake.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
I don’t disagree. Feels like they thought if they chucked a bunch of Vader stuff in there people would lose their shit like they did with Luke in mando. But mando had much more to it. The Luke stuff was just icing on the cake.
I haven't seen Mandolorian but the Luke stuff in Bobe Fett sucked so much and reminded me the extent to which Disney doesn't understand Star Wars.

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm Dickens, He's Fenster

A sitcom starting the guy who played Gomez Adams, but was before Addams Family. Don't know why. Mildly amusing for what it is. Every so often I get into a mood where I like to watch old-timey shows.

One of the running jokes is that Arch Fenster keeps dating beautiful women way out of his league. I've recognized one: Ellen Burstyn.

20220704_201626.jpg

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Watching ST s4, mainly because of ROBERT FUCKING ENGLUND, and I gotta say: Eleven is a BORING, dreadful character. The B plot with her being a "superhero" again and whatever else is just awful. Max, Nancy, Robin, Steve, Dustin, and that plot is MUCH more interesting.

Big agree. I haven't finished the 2 hr finale yet but I'm tired of 11 (and SO tired of Mike holy shit) and much more invested in the other plotline. I didn't like Eddie at first but he's becoming a really likable character and I'm enjoying how they've chosen to develop him. Also really enjoying Steve and Robin's friendship.

All in all, I'm actually pleasantly surprised and enjoying it more than last season.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Big agree. I haven't finished the 2 hr finale yet but I'm tired of 11 (and SO tired of Mike holy shit) and much more invested in the other plotline. I didn't like Eddie at first but he's becoming a really likable character and I'm enjoying how they've chosen to develop him. Also really enjoying Steve and Robin's friendship.

All in all, I'm actually pleasantly surprised and enjoying it more than last season.
As far as plotlines, the A plot is the teens trying to stop Vecna in Hawkins. This is undeniable. The B plot is the adults (Joyce, Murray, Hopper, etc) in Russia. The C plot is 011 because a fucking chore to watch on screen, boring the shit out of you with every scene, and doing the same shit she did in the first season. The line about having to go be a superhero was the last straw with me for that character. I hope Vecna kicks her ass and she is absorbed by the Upside Down. I know that won't happen, but I would pop as big as any surprise return of a legend wrestler in WWE.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Lil’ show called Robert’s Hamberguesas.
Go.
See.
The movie.

They think they're dying in a few seconds, maybe minutes.
"Oh my god. That must have been really hard for you. Do you want a divorce before we die?"
"Nah. I can tough it out."

Haven't laughed that hard in a theater in. . .

Well, at least three or four years.

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Go.
See.
The movie.

They think they're dying in a few seconds, maybe minutes.
"Oh my god. That must have been really hard for you. Do you want a divorce before we die?"
"Nah. I can tough it out."

Haven't laughed that hard in a theater in. . .

Well, at least three or four years.
I didn’t know this was a thing. I am only on like season 2 or 3. So I’ll likely wait until it’s on a streaming service. It’s hilarious though. And the characters just grow on you over time. Super fucking funny.

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I didn’t know this was a thing. I am only on like season 2 or 3. So I’ll likely wait until it’s on a streaming service. It’s hilarious though. And the characters just grow on you over time. Super fucking funny.
For the last 5+ years, it's been our "comfort food" show. When we can't decide what to put on, or aren't in the mood to start something new, we'll put on B.B. Only in the last year to we alternate between re-watching B.B., retro 60s & 70s game shows, and the last week or two, My Name is Earl.

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For the last 5+ years, it's been our "comfort food" show. When we can't decide what to put on, or aren't in the mood to start something new, we'll put on B.B. Only in the last year to we alternate between re-watching B.B., retro 60s & 70s game shows, and the last week or two, My Name is Earl.

Oh man have you watched futurama? That was my comfort show for YEARS. It just gets better as it goes on too.

Just trying to make sure the world gives it a shake. Loooove that show.

No show has been cancelled and brought back more times and stayed so good. Lol.

And yeah BB is definitely hilarious. I’m watching it while usually playing games on my switch so I’m for sure missing many visual gags. Which will just be more fun for my eventual rewatch.

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You know, for some reason, it just never grabbed me the same way. I watched every episode when it first aired until it was cancelled the first time, and checked in every now and then, including starting from the beginning maybe a year or two ago. I got a few seasons in, and...I don't know why, but it just doesn't click for me as much as some other shows. I get why people love it, but... I don't dislike it, though, to be clear.

My own personal "comfort" show, when it's not both I and my girlfriend watching, is still MST3K (.MST3K was cancelled 3 times {The Comedy Chancel, Sci-Fi Network, and Netflix], Futurama was only cancelled twice. 😉 ) and RiffTrax.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just finished ST s4 and wow, fuck that bullshit. Two of my favorite characters are either dead or fucked, the overhyped superhero did a real bang up job, and apparently we get to wait another three years for them to finish off what they started this season.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
See also: Archer.

They even have a crossover where Archer and the gang go to Bob's Burgers, which leads to all sorts of hilarity.

EDIT TO ADD:
Anti-recommend: The Bear

If you've ever spent time around any overttly loud, abusive assholes? This show is like a constant reminder of what worthless scum human beings are. Fuck everyone involved in the production of this pile of emotional fuckin' baggage.

Last edited:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, how DARE a show be an incredibly accurate portrayal of human nature? Fuck them for doing a good job!

Tune-in next week when we hate on: Bojack Horseman for the same exact thing.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, how DARE a show be an incredibly accurate portrayal of human nature? Fuck them for doing a good job!

Tune-in next week when we hate on: Bojack Horseman for the same exact thing.
Guess I finally had my "woman who's been repeatedly raped watching a rape scene" moment.

Wouldn't have probably ate at me quite as much if my wife hadn't brushed aside my concerns because she thought it was all so funny. Guess that's a me problem too.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
See also: Archer.

They even have a crossover where Archer and the gang go to Bob's Burgers, which leads to all sorts of hilarity.

EDIT TO ADD:
Anti-recommend: The Bear

If you've ever spent time around any overttly loud, abusive assholes? This show is like a constant reminder of what worthless scum human beings are. Fuck everyone involved in the production of this pile of emotional fuckin' baggage.
Archer was fine before they started changing things every season.